- Magnus has very mediocre damage against Alchemist, Alchemist can outlive the stun duration of reverse polarity with chemical rage.
- If Visage's Familiars are placed well near the enemy team but not in vision, he can counter initiate with their stun after Magnus initiates.
- Shrapnel can sometimes scout out Magnus and also put his blink dagger on cooldown. Aside from that sniper is usually a bit further away from the frontliners in his team so its difficult to catch him in Reverse Polarity unless you already have vision on him and can blink-skewer him to the rest of his team.
- Phoenix will usually be on the sidelines or further back ready to use Sun Ray. Even after you successfully use Reverse polarity and skewer Phoenix's teammates, Phoenix can usually counter-initiate using all it's spells.
- Unless the Huskar is instantly focused after Magnus disables him, its highly likely Huskar will still be alive but with low HP which is ideal for the Huskar after which he can go on to kill the enemy one by one.
- Tinker can break Magnus's blink dagger using march of the machines and rockets therefore delaying any initiation or making Magnus use Skewer or force staff to initiate. As well as that Tinker usually gets his own blink dagger which makes him harder to lock down unless Magnus commits Reverse Polarity only for Tinker.
- Treant Protector
can cancel skewer mid way.
- Skewer pushes enemies to Remote Bombs or Land Mines.
- Reverse Polarity with(or without) Skewer set the good Black Hole for Enigma
- Empower gives Sven extra Cleave making him does more damage.
- Storm Hammer after Reverse Polarity causes rampage or ownage.
- Reverse Polarity set Berserker's Call.
- Empower make Axe has more dangerous Helix.
- Empower gives her Cleave. Also other Battle Fury heroes.
- AoE Nuker and Disabler heroes.