- The shard offers a 400 radius vision on his stone remnant and increases the charge to 4. The vision and additional remnant provided is massive for scouting, team fights, initiations, which amplifies earth spirit's role
- The shard offers spell immunity and break on his nether strike. While the break is situational, the spell immunity is essential so that he cant be interrupted while casting his long casting animation ultimate.
- The shard applies Corrosive Haze when he lands Slithereen Crush on an enemy. This bypasses pre-invis units as well as allowing sladar to immediately attack the enemy without casting corrosive haze, which has quite a long casting animation
- The shard offers dispel on his storm hammer. This applies dispel for Eul's scepter, ghost scepter, etc, before applying the stun
- The shard offers Reincarnation to have no mana cost and spawn three skeletons to attack each nearby enemy hero when Reincarnation is triggered. Wraith king is usually countered by mana-draining heroes (e.g. Lion, Anti mage) or offensive items (e.g. Diffisual Blade). The shard allows wraith king to constantly battle without the need to micro-manage his mana pool.
- The shard offers bounty hunter's allies now gain 50% of Track Speed boost. Exceptionally powerful in teamfights
- The shard offers Nyx's Vendetta attack to reduce enemy magic resistance by 20% for 4 seconds. Also increases Vendetta movement speed by 25%, unlocking max speed. While the reduced magic resistance is additional benefit, the movement speed and unlocked max speed allows Nyx to scout for his team better, amplifying his role.
- The shard offers Psionic Trap to silence enemies for up to 3 seconds based on how long the trap has been charged. Increases max trap count by 4. The silence helps templar bypass items like orchid where it is situational for certain heroes (e.g. Storm Spirit)
- The shard offers Venomous Gale to summon two Plague Wards when it impacts an enemy hero. Increases travel range by 400. Initially a strong talent option, the wards provides vision and additional damage, helping with team pushes and defenses. The additional range also allows Venomancer to cast gale at a safer distance.
- The shard offers 3 permanent Nature's Attendants that follow Enchantress around. Helps enchantress to sustain more effectively
- The shard offers Shackles to creates Serpent Wards attacking the target. Increases Shackles cast range by 150. Lasts 7 seconds. The additonal range and serpent wards helps shadow shaman push lands and shackle enemies at safer distances
- The shard offers Ancient Seal debuff now causes other debuffs applied to last 50% longer. Grants vision over the target. This affects slows, rod of atos, and silence to be applied longer. Also great against units that go invisible (e.g. Bounty Hunter, Riki)
While situational, these shards are decent
- The shard offers every 700 units moved to cause an Epicenter Pulse around Sand King in 400 AoE. The ability helps sand king chase down enemies more effectively due to the slow from the Epicenter Pulse.
Many supports become more powerful with Aghanim's Shard. Besides the supports listed above, supports should focus primarily on buying support items, with Aghanim's Shard as a luxury option if they have enough gold.
- Aghanim's Shard effect ingame.png
A hero having Aghanim's Scepter equipped or consumed.