|Strikes enemies near and far with lightning.|
|None can hide from Zeus. Charged with godly might, whether he's calling down a Lightning Bolt to reveal the surroundings, sending an Arc Coursing through his nearest enemies, or summoning a terrifying Nimbus upon his enemies. Zeus points his arms skyward, bringing divine punishment down on each and every foe. Wherever they may be, none shall stand against the Thundergod's Wrath.|
- The lightning bounces in 0.25-second intervals, so hitting all targets takes 1/1.5/2/3.5 seconds.
- Can never hit the same unit twice per cast.
- All bounces together can deal up to 450/840/1350/2700 ( ) damage (before reductions).
- The is required for the lightning to jump.
- Lightning Bolt first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- When unit-targeted, the 750 range flying vision and True Sight are provided at the target's position upon cast. The vision is stationary and does not follow the target.
- When ground-targeted, Lightning Bolt searches for any enemy unit within its area, prioritizing heroes (including illusions, clones, and creep-heroes). Chooses the closest target to the center.
- It does not require any vision or True Sight to hit invisible or enemies in the Fog of War.
- With the cast range and search radius, it can hit an enemy up to 1025/1075/1125/1175 range away.
- When cast this way, the vision and True Sight is always centered on the targeted point, regardless of hitting a unit.
- The flying vision and True Sight last for 5 seconds. The True Sight is provided by an aura, and its debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- The lightning particles and sound effects during the cast time are visible and audible to everyone.
- The talent turns Lightning Bolt into an area-targeted ability, so that it cannot directly target units anymore.
- Lightning Bolt now hits every enemy units within the search radius.
- Does not upgrade the Lightning Bolts of .
- Interrupts Zeus' channeling abilities upon cast.
- Upon cast, provides 900 radius flying vision for 3 seconds.
- Heavenly Jump first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- Upon cast, Heavenly Jump immediately applies the movement speed and attack speed slow debuff on the closest enemy within 700/800/900/1000 radius.
- Can target any enemy units, but prioritizes heroes. Treats creep-heroes as heroes.
- Affects , but it only applies the movement speed slow on him.
- While not moving, Zeus jumps 250 range upwards upon cast.
- While moving or being moved, he leaps in an arc towards his facing direction with a length of 500 and height of 250 upon cast.
- Zeus is not disabled during the jump/leap and can still turn, attack, and cast abilities and items during it. While in the air, other units can pass below him.
- Requires to be unlocked.
- Casts regular based on its current level on the closest valid enemy target.
- The damage source is the Nimbus itself, meaning certain on-damage effects react on the Nimbus rather than on Zeus (e.g. ).
- Starts striking immediately upon cast if an enemy is within the radius.
- Also strikes immediately when the last strike was longer than an interval ago and an enemy enters the area.
- Always strikes the closest valid target. There are no priorities. Cannot target wards or buildings.
- The Nimbus can strike invisible units and units inside the Fog of War.
- Can strike up to 12 times over its full duration, considering the default 2.5 strike interval.
- The strike interval is not affected by any cooldown reduction and cooldown resets sources.
- The visual effects on the ground which mark the Nimbus' radius are visible to everyone.
- Requires to be unlocked.
- Static Field only works with Zeus' abilities. It does not react on items or other abilities.
- Static Field always applies its damage before the triggering ability applies any of its effects.
- applies Static Field's damage on each enemy units it bounces on.
- Manually casting (and from ) applies Static Field's damage on whoever it hits, regardless of whether they were unit-targeted or ground-targeted.
- invisible enemies. applies Static Field's damage on all hit enemies, except
- Neither works on Spell Block sources. , nor apply its damage if the ability is blocked by
- Only hits enemy heroes, including the illusions and creep-heroes. , but excluding ,
- Thundergod's Wrath first applies its damage, then provides its vision and True Sight.
- This means if an invisible enemy is not revealed beforehand, it only applies the vision and True Sight around them, but not the damage.
- Thundergod's Wrath provides 500 radius flying vision and 900 radius True Sight around each struck hero.
- The vision and True Sight last for 3 seconds.
- The True Sight is provided by an aura, its debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- Hitting all 5 enemy heroes collectively deals 1500/2125/2750 ( ) damage (before reductions).
- The visual and sound effects during the cast time are visible and audible to everyone.
- The sound effects upon cast is global. Enemies can hear it when they have vision over Zeus, else they can only hear the local hit sound.
- Shifts the lighting of the whole map for a split second, which is also visible to everyone.
|+20 Movement Speed||10||+1.25 Mana Regen|
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
Main Article: Zeus/Changelogs
- Increased damage from 80/110/140/170 to 90/120/150/180.
- Reduced cast point from 0.4 to 0.3.
- Increased leap distance from 450 to 500.
- Increased damage from 75/100/125/150 to 80/110/140/170.
- Increased mana cost from 80 on each level to 80/85/90/95.
- Replaced with .
- Zeus performs a Heavenly Jump, shocking the closest visible nearby enemy (prioritizing heroes) within search radius, reducing their movement speed, attack speed, and increasing their cast time. Zeus gets unobstructed vision around him for 3 seconds. Can't be cast while leashed.
- Search radius: 700/800/900/1000
- Movement speed slow: 100%
- Attack speed slow: 100
- Enemy cast time increase: 50%
- Debuff duration: 1/1.5/2/2.5
- Vision range bonus: 900
- Buff duration: 3
- Cooldown: 25/20/15/10
- Mana cost: 50/60/70/80
- Changed attack class from Pierce to Default. [ ] [ ]
- Changed defense class from Basic to Default. [ ]
- Old: can be cast to perform a Heavenly Jump, shocking the closest visible enemy (prioritizing heroes) within its search radius, dealing Static Field damage and reducing their movement speed. If Zeus was moving forward, he will jump towards that direction. Zeus gets 900 unobstructed vision.
- New: Grants the ability.
- Zeus shocks any enemy hit by his abilities, causing damage proportional to their current health.
- Current health as damage: 9%
- Level 15 left talent changed: +1.2% current health as damage ➜ +1 target.
- regenerates HP for Zeus to stay in lane.
- also restores health.
- gives burst mana for Zeus to use abilities.
- gives constant supply of mana for Zeus to farm with Arc Lightning.
- gives attributes, and Zeus can combine it with Tango for more heal.
- will make you faster, allowing for easier escapes and a better time catching up to enemy heroes.
- allows for lane control and sustainability through runes and crowing. Getting it early helps you to maintain your mana to get last hits consistently.
- gives more intelligence, allowing for a larger mana pool whilst reducing his mana cost to spam his spells.
- sustain Zeus' high rate of spell casting and give him the mana pool necessary to remain relevant in longer engagements. It can also be later disassembled to use the energy booster in another item like Aether Lens, and eventually upgrades into .
- makes you better at your job by dealing lots of magical damage from as far back as possible.
- can also be picked up, as Zeus benefits a lot from mobility items.
- gives mana regeneration, a bit more of speed and a good ability to incapacitate enemy heroes.
- provides a useful amplification of your magical damage dealt to any enemy caught in its blast. In addition to this, the armor bonus helps mitigate the impact of Zeus' poor base armor, allowing him to survive longer against physical damage.
- grants more health and more mana, which are very needed for Zeus. The more kills you score, the more mana regeneration you get.
- unlocks Nimbus, giving Zeus extra nuking power and global influence.
- increases Zeus's damage output with its cooldown reduction and increased cast range, after upgrading from .
- can help with early mana issues.
- is a good choice for mobility and utility, very useful for evading carries and kiting spell immune targets.
- can be a great choice if you find yourself getting blown up by physical damage. It can also be upgraded into an , which can be used to disable the enemy carry, save allies and deal a massive amount of burst damage in combination with your spells.
- grants more health and more mana, which are very needed for Zeus. Though it does not provide needed mana regeneration, but it provides him an active that regenerates mana based on the damage he dealt, an area which he excels in.
- increases spell damage and decreases mana cost, making Zeus a better caster in the mid game as he can use more abilities and deal more damage.
- allows Zeus to use Thundergod's Wrath and Nimbus twice in quick succession given sufficient mana, increasing his damage output in fights.
- gives a much-needed boost to Zeus's mana and grants a hard disable to deal with troublesome enemies.
- increase your mana pool enough to cast your combo while offering good enemy control.
- Zeus was the first hero to be implemented in Dota 2.
- Zeus is based on the Greek mythological god of the same name.
- As suggested by the game's files, Zeus's name was, at one time, Zuus. The possible reason being that 'Zuus' is the correct pronunciation of his name 'Zeus'.
- Zeus' alternate/fun name in DotA was "Merlini", a tribute to a professional DotA player.
- Zeus' title in DotA was "Lord of Olympus".
- Static Field is most likely a reference to the Sorceress' skill of the same name in Diablo II. In Diablo II, the spell also reduced enemies' HP by a percentage within a short radius.
- Zeus' respawn line ▶️ "To err is human. To respawn, divine." is a reference to Alexander Pope, whose quote is "To err is human; to forgive, divine."
- Zeus' rival line towards ▶️ "Keep in mind, Chen, Godliness is next to deadliness." is a reference to an old and well-known saying "Cleanliness is next to godliness." ,
- Zeus' rare response line, ▶️ "In Me I Trust.", refers to the national motto of the United States – "In God We Trust".
- Zeus' rare response line, ▶️ "If I didn't exist, it would be necessary to invent me.", is a reference to a similar quote by french philosopher Voltaire: "If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."
- Zeus' bottling line, ▶️ "Nature abhors an empty bottle.", is a reference to the Plenism postulate attributed to Aristotle, which states that nature contains no vacuums because the denser surrounding material continuum would immediately fill the rarity of an incipient void – "Nature abhors a vacuum."
Model and icons before December 16, 2015 Patch