Lyralei, the Windranger, is a ranged intelligence hero that uses powerful abilities in conjunction with her physical attack to take down enemies. Despite being an intelligence Hero, Windranger's playstyle resembles that of an agility Hero, due in large part to her skill set. Windranger is most often played as an offlane solo due to her escape, long range harass, and farm capability; however, she is quite versatile and can be fielded as a midlaner, roamer, lane support, or even a carry, if the game calls for it. She is famous for her immense utility and versatility.
- Shackleshot travels at a speed of 1650.
- The projectile searches for enemies or trees within 46° at the opposite side of the target from where Shackleshot was cast.
- This means when Windranger teleports away after cast, it latches on targets based on the cast location, not her new location.
- The complete search area is shaped like a triangle. 575 is the triangle's height.
- Therefore, the triangle has two sides with a length of 624.66, and the third side has a length of 488.15.
- Shackleshot always prioritizes units over trees as a secondary target.
- If the target does not get shackled, it is only briefly stunned using the default .
- If the target gets shackled to a unit, both of them are stunned for the full duration using the debuff.
- The stun persists, even when the primary or the secondary unit dies, or the tree is destroyed earlier.
- The stun also persists, when one of the targets gets freed from the stun earlier.
- When the primary target dies before the shackle reaches it, it still can latch to a secondary unit and stun it.
- The talent only increases the success stun duration. The fail stun duration is not increased.
- The arrow travels at a speed of 3000, taking 0.87 seconds to reach max distance.
- With the travel distance and damage radius, the arrow can damage units up to 2725 range away.
- The full damage is done after the full 1 second of channeling. Each channeled 0.03 seconds increase its damage by 5/8.33/11.67/15 ( ).
- Every time the arrow hits an enemy, its current damage is reduced by 20%.
- The arrow destroys trees within 50 radius around it while traveling. Hit trees do not reduce its damage.
- This is how much damage a fully channeled arrow deals (before reductions) after hitting up to 10 units:
- Level 1: 150 / 120 / 96 / 76.8 / 61.4 / 49.1 / 39.3 / 31.4 / 25.1 / 20.1
- Level 2: 250 / 200 / 160 / 128 / 102.4 / 81.9 / 65.5 / 52.4 / 41.9 / 33.5
- Level 3: 350 / 280 / 224 / 179.2 / 143.4 / 114.7 / 91.8 / 73.4 / 58.7 / 47
- Level 4: 450 / 360 / 288 / 230.4 / 184.3 / 147.4 / 117.9 / 94.3 / 75.4 / 60.3
- With the talent, this is how much damage a fully channeled arrow deals after hitting up to 10 units:
- Level 1: 250 / 200 / 160 / 128 / 102.4 / 81.9 / 65.5 / 52.4 / 41.9 / 33.5
- Level 2: 350 / 280 / 224 / 179.2 / 143.4 / 114.7 / 91.8 / 73.4 / 58.7 / 47
- Level 3: 450 / 360 / 288 / 230.4 / 184.3 / 147.4 / 117.9 / 94.3 / 75.4 / 60.3
- Level 4: 550 / 440 / 352 / 281.6 / 225.3 / 180.2 / 144.2 / 115.4 / 92.3 / 73.8
- The arrow provides 400 radius flying vision as it travels, which sticks at its final location for 3.34 seconds.
- The sound of a bow getting stretched during channeling time is audible to allies only.
, Powershot travels .
- It only stops traveling upon hitting an enemy hero (including illusions and clones, excluding creep-heroes) beyond the initial 2600 range.
- When hitting a hero, it first applies its damage, and then checks the target's current health.
- Stops hitting creeps after traveling the initial 2600 distance.
- Still destroys trees and provides vision along the entire travel path.
- Windrun interrupts Windranger's channeling abilities upon cast.
- Grants Windranger 100% evasion for its duration.
- The slow is provided by an aura on Windranger. Its debuff lingers for 2.5 seconds.
- With the level 25 talent, Windrun turns Windranger invisible and phased for its duration.
- During the fade time, Windranger can cast abilities, use items and perform attacks without breaking the invisibility.
- Invisibility is broken upon reaching the cast point of spells or items, or upon launching an attack.
- The invisibility is provided by a second , so breaking it prevents Windranger from going invisible again.
- Windranger can pick up or drop items without breaking the invisibility.
- With evasion, and applies haste on Windranger while active, meaning she cannot be slowed while affected.
, Windrun passively grants
- The evasion stacks diminishingly with other sources of evasion and uses pseudo-random distribution.
- On average, the evasion increases Windranger's survivability against physical attacks by 42.86%.
- The cast range of Focus Fire is based on the attack range of the caster.
- The cast range can be further increased by other attack range bonuses. However, it is not affected by cast range bonuses.
- However, this does not include the unlimited range while is active.
- Focus Fire orders Windranger to attack the target upon cast.
- Focus Fire allows Windranger to move while attacking the Focus Fire target.
- Windranger automatically attacks the Focus Fire target whenever she is in range, unless she is given an order that is not a move or attack order.
- The automatic attacking can be paused by ordering her to stop (S) or hold position (H) once. When paused, she no longer attacks the target while moving.
- To resume the automatic attacking, a new attack order (rightclick or (A) must be given to her.
- Only reduces Windranger's main and bonus damage when attacking the target. Damage from item effects (e.g. , ) is unaffected.
- Windranger can switch attack targets without losing the buff against the Focus Fire target.
- When switching attack targets, the attack speed and damage adapt as soon as the attack begins.
- Casting Focus Fire on multiple targets only grants the attack speed and damage reduction against the most recent target.
- Focus Fire ends prematurely when Windranger dies, but persists through the target's death.
|25% Cooldown Reduction||25||Grants Invisibility|
|+100 Attack Range||15||+100Damage|
|-2sCooldown||10||+1.5 Mana Regen|
- Reduced mana cost from 70/85/100/115 to 70/80/90/100.
- Reduced tree destruction radius from 75 to 50
- Now also reduces cooldown by 1.5 seconds.
- The max health kill threshold is now fixed at 13%, instead of scaling up to that value based on distance.
- Reduced movement speed bonus from 45% to 40%.
- now stops attacking the target when a stop or hold position command is given, until a new attack order is given.
- regenerates health for Windranger to stay in lane.
- also restores health.
- supplies mana for Windranger to use Powershot for last hits.
- gives cheap attribute bonuses to increase damage, mana, and health.
- provide movement and attack damage, so Windranger can run down enemies with Focus Fire.
- gives burst healing and mana regen in the middle of fights.
- gives cheap attributes and spell damage, making Windranger stronger in lane.
- shrugs off magical burst damage, which Windrun does not block, giving Windranger an easier time versus nukers.
- helps Windranger manage runes, as well as restoring her health and mana.
- greatly increase damage output of Focus Fire in early game.
- allows Windranger to instantly reposition for her abilities, especially Shackleshot, or escape incoming enemies when combined with Windrun.
- greatly increases Windranger's flash-farming speed, and Focus Fire will proc Chain Lightning repeatedly for area damage in teamfights. Upgrading to improves Chain Lightning and makes Windranger less reliant on her ultimate for damage.
- greatly increases Windranger's damage output. Pierce can proc multiple times during the course of her ultimate, bypassing evasion and dealing bonus magical damage.
- grants extra intelligence to increase her base damage and more mana regeneration to cast spells. The hex can serve as a potent complement to Shackleshot or used to instantly hard-disable priority targets.
- grants a huge damage boost with Critical Strike, allowing Focus Fire to shred most enemies very quickly.
- spellblock helps to make Windranger much more slippery when evading enemy ganks, or gives her a larger window of opportunity to cast her disables in a teamfight without being disabled herself. gives Windranger stats across the board and powerful mana regen. Its
- is a good cheap utility item for support Windranger. The increased base movement speed greatly augments Windranger's mobility in combination with and Windrun, and the extra intelligence and mana regen give her much more utility with her spells. The active can be used to disable an enemy and position yourself for landing a full-duration Shackleshot, or for generally disabling enemies or giving yourself temporary invulnerability (while removing debuffs from yourself) during fights.
- protects Windranger against magical damage and disables, making it an important carry item; combining Avatar with Windrun will make her nearly untouchable.
- gives bonus damage, prevents enemies from using defensive items like , or , and locks enemies down during Focus Fire.
- shuts down ability-dependent enemies and gives bonus damage with Soul Burn. It can be upgraded to for a large DPS increase and True Strike to counter evasive foes.
- is very effective and versatile for positioning a Shackleshot, allowing you to force a unit in front of a tree, force a creep/unit in front of another unit, or force yourself into position. The additional intelligence gives her more mana and base damage as well, and in emergencies it can be used to displace yourself during escapes.
- gives Windranger additional damage output, as well as an armor reduction debuff that can be applied to buildings as well as heroes.
- can hold a target down so that Shackleshot may be cast from an angle of Windranger's choosing.
- improves Windrun's speed boost and gives it 2 charges, making Windranger very mobile and evasive, though the attributes are unimpressive for a carry.
|Roles:||Carry Support Disabler Escape Nuker|
|Playstyle:||Born in the midst of a ruinous tempest, Lyralei has always been one with the elemental wind. Swift of foot, and true of aim, she Windruns across the battlefield, avoiding attacks as she charges a Powershot to pierce foes from afar. Armed with both quiver and rope, the Windranger binds enemies together with a handy Shackleshot. Honing her concentration, Lyralei launches a relentless sequence of arrows, Focus Firing on a single target until it resembles little more than an oversized pincushion.|
- In DotA, Windranger was known as Alleria, the Windrunner. Alleria Windrunner is a character from the Warcraft universe. In the November 21, 2013 update, her name was changed to "Windranger", likely to avoid trademark issues with Blizzard.
- Windranger's current name, Lyralei, is a partial anagram of Alleria (one of the A's was replaced with the Y).