|Proof enough to some that unseen forces manipulate the happenings of the material plane.|
- The item's attributes grants the following bonuses:
- Stacks with all other movement speed bonuses.
- ↓↓ Double-tapping automatically target self.
- Applies a basic dispel and Cyclone effect on the target upon cast, turning it invulnerable and fully disabled.
- The Cyclone duration is not affected by status resistance.
- Cyclone first applies the invulnerability, then the dispel.
- Can target any unit that is not a ward or building.
- Cannot be cast on allies who have ☐ Disabled Help from the caster.
- The affected unit is silenced, muted and disarmed.
- While cycloned, the affected unit is moved upwards and has no collision. However, a pathing blocker is created at the base of the cyclone within a 24 radius.
- The damage is applied at the end of the duration. If the cyclone gets dispelled, it still applies the damage as soon as the target lands.
- The damage is only applied to enemy targets.
- Can be cast on , but has no effect, since Roshan is immune to forced movement. However, the damage is still applied.
- Shares cooldown with .
Heroes whose default item build includesas a core item can upgrade item to Wind Waker during late game:
can be used in the following situations:
- Offensively by disabling an enemy before a gank, giving you the time to set up your abilities.
- On fleeing enemies to give your team the time to surround the target.
- On enemies in teamfights to take them out of the fight for a few seconds. This is especially effective on carries.
- ↓↓ Double-tapping during teamfights, baiting enemies into using their abilities on you, then becoming invulnerable to interrupt their burst damage.
- To buy yourself a little more time for abilities and items to come off cooldown, especially items like or .
- On an enemy who has activated items like , or . Doing so will waste the duration of those items.
- The item provides a cheap and beneficial dispel for support heroes who are very susceptible to silences. So when facing a lot of silences, or other strong but dispellable effects, Eul's Scepter of Divinity is usually the best option.
- The bonus movement speed works well with other items that increase movement speed, such as .
- The item's name may be a reference to The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Main Article: Wind Waker/Changelogs