Demnok Lannik, the Warlock, is a ranged intelligence hero who possesses many powerful teamfight spells capable of inflicting chaos upon the enemy team. Shadow Word is a highly versatile spell, as it allows him to support allies by healing them or harass enemies by dealing damage over time, giving him strong lane presence. Beyond the early game, Warlock can turn any teamfight in his team's favor as his other spells are strong when unleashed against multiple enemies. Fatal Bonds causes all enemies linked together to take bonus damage when one of their number takes damage, magnifying the strength of area-of-effect spells, while Upheaval can allow him to greatly slow any enemies caught in the radius of the spell, making it harder for them to maneuver in fights or escape. His ultimate, Chaotic Offering, summons a Golem after stunning all enemies in a wide area, allowing him to throw them into disarray. While unassuming and weak by himself, Warlock is a dangerous threat in any teamfight as his spells allow him to turn the enemies' numbers against them and sow chaos amongst their ranks.
- Fatal Bonds has no bounce delay, so all targets are bound at the same time.
- The binding prioritises units that do not have the Fatal Bonds debuff yet, and goes for the closest units.
- This means when cast multiple times, it goes for enemies which were not debuffed by the first cast, but can still stack on the same units if no unbound units are nearby.
- Successive casts of Fatal Bonds fully stack and work independently from each other.
- Shared damage is the same damage type as the source of the damage.
- Fatal Bonds' damage has the no-reflection flag, preventing its damage from interacting with other sources of damage with the same flag.
- Spreads the damage before it is reduced or amplified in any way on the receiving target.
- For example, if gets damaged while under the effect of , the bonds still spread the damage, before Borrowed Time negates the damage.
- This also goes for illusions. When damaging a bonded illusion, the damage is spread before it gets amplified for the illusions.
- This also goes for finishing blows. When, for example, a unit at 10 health is hit by 1000 damage, the bonds still spread based on the 1000 damage.
- Does not spread damage flagged as HP Removal.
- The distance between the bonded units does not matter. Once bonded, they always spread or receive the spread damage.
- The spread damage is always sourced to Warlock. If a unit dies to the damage done by Fatal Bonds, Warlock is always credited.
- The damage caused by Fatal Bonds does not cause aggro. Bonded neutral creeps do not react on the damage.
Cannot be cast on spell immune enemies. Attempts to damage if debuff was placed before spell immunity and when not dispelled.
- ↓↓ Double-tapping automatically targets self.
- Can be cast on allied .
- Deals damage or heals in 1-second intervals, starting 1 second after cast, resulting in 10 instances.
- Can deal up to 150/250/350/450 ( ) damage to the target (before reductions), or heal for the same amount if cast on an ally.
- Successive casts of Shadow Word fully stack and work independently from each other.
- The first sound is played when the target is an ally, the second sound when it is an enemy.
- The strength of the slow is based on the channel duration, not on how long a unit stands in the affected area.
- The slow percentage increases by 0.4%/0.57%/0.73%/0.9% on each
, starting 1 tick after cast.
- So it takes 3.33/3.53/3.64/3.7 seconds for the slow to reach the maximum slow value.
- The slow debuff is applied or refreshed in the same intervals.
- With the level 15 talent, Upheaval's debuff starts deals damage over time.
- Deals damage in intervals, starting 0.5 seconds after being placed, resulting in a minimum of instances.
- One instance of the debuff can deal up to damage.
- On level 1 and 2, the last damage instance is missing, resulting in up to instances over the full duration.
- Can deal a total of damage to each enemy over its full duration.
- When learned while already channeling, the talent immediately updates the current instance.
- are always summoned at the center of the targeted area.
- The golems are creep-heroes and ancient creeps, making them interact differently with several abilities. For detailed interactions follow the two links.
- Upon spawning, the golems destroy all trees within a 600 radius around them.
- The visual effect and sounds during the effect delay are visible and audible to everyone.
- Also plays a sound effect during the cast time, which is audible to everyone as well.
- Learning the talents do not update already summoned golems. or
- With the level 20 , Warlock Golem is summoned whenever Warlock dies, on his death location.
- This golem's stats are based on the current level of Chaotic Offering, and benifits from the level 25 talents as well.
- However, neither affects this golem's stats, nor does it increase the number of golems on death.
- The golem is not summoned when Warlock has Reincarnation.
- Unlike a regular cast, the golem is summoned instantly upon Warlock's death.
- The area stun and tree destruction of Chaotic Offering is also applied around Warlock.
, Chaotic Offering summons a golem seconds after the first golem.
- This golem applies the area stun and the tree destruction as well, effectively extending the total stun duration to seconds.
- Permanent Immolation is an aura. The debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- Deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after the debuff is placed.
- Permanent Immolation of multiple golems fully stacks with each other.
|80% Magic Resistance for||25||+20Armor|
|+25Damage/Heal||20||Summons aon Death|
- Reduced base strength from 26 to 24.
- Increased damage/heal per second from 15/25/35/45 to 18/27/36/45.
- Reduced duration from 12 to 10.
- Increased turn rate from 0.5 to 0.6.
- Reduced cast time from 0.5 to 0.4.
- Reduced radius from 650 on each level to 500/550/600/650.
- Rescaled movement speed slow increase per second from 7%/14%/21%/28% to 12%/17%/22%/27%.
- Rescaled maximum movement speed slow from 84% on each level to 40%/60%/80%/100%.
- Reduced max channel time from 16 on each level to 10/12/14/16.
- Reduced slow update interval from 0.5 to 0.033. [ ]
- Reduced golem spawn interval from 0.4 to 0.2.
- Now also turns it into an area-targeted ability with a 450 radius.
- Reduced movement speed change from 20% to 10%.
upgrade for :
- Makes grant targeted allies 20% movement speed and slow targeted enemies' movement speed by 20%.
- Level 20 left talent: 300 AoE increased to 500 AoE.
- regenerates health to keep Warlock and allies in lane.
- also restores health.
- regenerates mana so Warlock can keep using Shadow Word at the beginning of the game.
- provides cheap attributes and builds into Magic Wand or Mekansm.
- gives vision that may spot incoming enemy ganks.
- sustains Warlock with burst health and mana restoration so he can survive or use more abilities.
- grants movement speed bonus so Warlock can get into position to use Shadow Word or Fatal Bonds to secure kills or save allies in time.
- gets Warlock to the right place to gank or counter gank with his abilities to damage or save allies.
- also restores health and mana in burst, as well as giving some attributes.
- replenishes Warlock's and allies' mana so they can stay on the map..
- grants invisibility and magic resistance to Warlock or allies so they can escape; the item also works when Warlock is channeling Upheaval.
- allows Chaotic Offering to summon two Golems, boosting overall damage in teamfights as Permanent Immolation and Flaming Fists do not get their effectiveness reduced.
- allows Warlock to use Fatal Bonds and Chaotic Offering twice, increasing the damage done on enemy targets. The item also boosts Warlock regeneration so he can keep using abilities without going back to base.
- grants attributes, mana regeneration, and ability to heal or damage as Warlock participates in ganks.
- allows Warlock to get in position to use his spells, as well as having utility in positioning teammates and displacing enemies; it can even be used on Golem to help it to chase fleeing enemies.
- counters enemy physical attackers so Warlock can escape or use abilties without getting killed.
- buffs armor, attack speed, and movement speed of allies or Golems; it can also reduce armor of enemies and Roshan.
- gives Warlock additional attributes. The active increases movement and attack speed to aid allies and Golems in teamfights.
- helps Warlock and teammates with heal, armor, and health regeneration so they can survive in teamfights.
- improves Warlock's movement speed, allowing him to position in fights and ganks, and provides intelligence and mana regeneration so Warlock can use abilities liberally. The active gives him a disable to use against enemies, or can be used on himself to provide temporary invulnerability while removing debuffs, such as silences.
- roots enemy target from great distance so Warlock's allies and Golems can focus their attacks. It also boosts attributes to make Warlock more survivable.
- strengthens Warlock with armor and regeneration; the active dispels and gives an ally a shield that reflect target abilities, which may discourage enemies from focusing them.
- increases survivability with armor and attack speed reducing aura, as well as intelligence so Warlock can use all of his abilities with Refresher Orb. The active movement speed slow may also help keeping enemies within range of Upheaval and Golems.
- gives Warlock a large boost to mana regeneration and attributes, especially intelligence. The Hex ability instantly disables an enemy from range, greatly reducing enemy teamfight potential.
- reduces the cooldown time on Warlock abilities and allows him to have Chaotic Offering available on a more regular basis. Additionally, Warlock can lifesteal from damage done by Fatal Bonds and Shadow Word, increasing his survivability in fights.
- , upgraded from Mekansm and Arcane Boots, gives Warlock strong teamfight contribution as well as opening up an inventory slot. The self-dispel allows Warlock to remove debuffs from himself, such as silences that are preventing him from casting his spells.
|Roles:||Support Initiator Disabler|
|Playstyle:||In the endless pursuit of rare texts, Demnok Lannik found it necessary to learn the magicks that would help him reach the most inaccessible tomes. In short time, his obsessive study made him the most powerful Warlock in the academy. He whispers a versatile Shadow Word to heal fellow adventurers, or damage hostile creatures. Fatal Bonds link his enemies together, forcing each to suffer a share of the others' pains. Demnok Lannik brings a Chaotic Offering to every fight. Mired in a dimensional Upheaval, not even an army can hold out long against the Warlock's flaming Golem.|
- In DotA, Warlock's ultimate is named Rain of Chaos and the summoned unit was called an Infernal, a hulking golem with green-colored flames. Both names were changed in the transition to Dota 2 to avoid copyright conflicts.
- Warlock is related to and , as he comes from the Oglodi tribe.
- Warlock's response ▶️ "Just for that, I'm unfiending you." when killed is probably a play on "Unfriending you" an action in the popular social network Facebook where a person removes another from their friend list.
- The response ▶️ "Bloodied but unbowed" when respawning is a reference to William Ernest Henley's poem "Invictus".
- Fatal Bonds' sound effect is based on this ▶️ otherwise unused voice line.
- Upon respawning, one of Warlock lines is ▶️ "Dark interval", which is likely a reference to the song of the same name featured in the credits of Half-Life 2: Episode 2, another game by Valve.