Visage, the bound form of Necro'lic, is a ranged intelligence hero whose traits are unusual when compared to most intelligence heroes; he can be a ganker, tank, or nuker. Resilient and ruthless, Visage is a highly aggressive hero thanks to his great Strength gain and Gravekeeper's Cloak which allow him to soak up surprising amounts of damage. This is especially true from attacks mounted by Heroes who try to chip at his health with spells and burst damage without committing to a protracted engagement. This unholy gargoyle thrives in the midst of large battles, where the abundant pain and suffering in the air charges his Soul Assumption, allowing him to fire off huge bursts of magical damage in rapid succession. Additionally, Visage's proficiency with attacks is augmented by his ability to absorb the attack and movement speed of his foes with Grave Chill. Finally, his versatile ultimate, Familiars, is arguably one of the best scouting utilities in the game while also being excellent sources of damage and AoE disables. Utilizing his Familiars to their fullest requires constant split attention and good positioning to avoid feeding their large bounties to an enemy Hero. With a legion of ghostly gargoyles, incredible toughness, and fast attacks, Visage sows terror and agony, relentlessly hunting poor souls and leading them in the shackles of death to the gates of the Underscape.
Cannot target spell immune enemies. Slow persists if debuff was placed before spell immunity and when not dispelled.
- The slow and speed bonus values are independent from each other.
- Upon cast, Visage gains movement speed based on his current movement speed while the affected target loses movement speed based on theirs.
- The same applies for the attack speed bonus and its reduction.
- This also means when either Visage or the target loses the buff/debuff, the other still keep theirs.
- The buff is also applied to within 900 range of Visage.
- Grave Chill places a separate buff on each Familiar.
- Since the buff is not aura-based, Familiars can move away from Visage and still keep the buff after Grave Chill is cast.
- Dispelling Visage does not remove the buff on the Familiars.
- While active, increases Visage's total movement speed to 327.75/342/356.25/370.5 and the Familiars' movement speed to 494.5/516/537.5/559 ( ).
- The projectile travels at a speed of 1000.
- Each instance of damage taken by heroes within 1800 radius is saved for 6 seconds or until Soul Assumption is cast.
- When the sum of the saved damage exceeds 100 damage, a charge is added.
- A total of 300/400/500/600 damage is needed, within the radius in the last 6 seconds to reach the maximum amount of charges.
- Only counts damage values between 2 – 3000 (after reductions) that is dealt by player-controlled units and to heroes (and clones).
- The number of current charges is visible in the form of yellow bars above Visage. This is visible to Visage and his allies only.
- Upon cast, Soul Assumption's damage is set and the charges counter is reset upon projectile launch.
- The projectile's visual appearance also reflects the amount of charges, revealing how much damage it is approximately about to deal.
- With 0/1/2/3/4/5/6 charges, Soul Assumption can deal 20/95/170/245/320/395/470 ( ) damage to the target (before reductions).
- With the level 15 talent, Soul Assumption launches another additional projectile towards a random visible valid target within the search range.
- With Soul Assumption's cast range and the secondary target range buffer, the ability has a search range of .
- Since the additional projectile uses the ability's cast range, cast range increasing effects increase its search range as well.
- If no other valid targets are found within the search radius, the second Soul Assumption is not released.
- Heroes and illusions have a higher priority than other units. Treats creep-heroes as creeps.
Damage reduction on Familiars is only disabled when applying Break on Visage, not on the Familiar itself.
- Applies generic incoming damage reduction on Visage. Stacks additively with other sources of generic incoming damage manipulation.
- The reduction affects all damage Visage takes that is not flagged as HP removal.
- Upon learning, 4 floating stones appear around Visage, indicating the number of layers he has.
- A stone disappears for each missing layer. If he has more than 4 layers, the amount of floating stones around him will still be 4, and the stones start disappearing once his layers drop below 4 layers.
- The number of layers can be seen on the status buff icon as well.
- The damage reduction only reacts on player-based damage instances that are greater than 40 (after all other reductions).
- Does not interact at all with damage instances lower than the value above, or self-inflicted damage sources.
- With 4 layers, the damage reduction is hard capped at 32%/48%/64%/80%, unless the talent is learned.
- As the layers recharge, and once it reaches the 80% damage reduction cap, subsequent layers added will be also at their maximum damage reduction potency, until it reaches the maximum layers count.
- With the level 25 talent, subsequent layers added after the 4th stack will be at 80% damage reduction, up to the stack.
- For how much damage reduction is granted per layer, please refer to the chart below.
- The aura also affects all under Visage's control, granting them damage reduction based on the current charges on Visage. The buff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- Unlike the damage reduction on Visage, this damage reduction has no minimum threshold and no maximum cap on Familiars.
- This means it reduces any damage they take, no matter how small, and that it grants them 100% incoming damage reduction when at 13/9/7/5 charges.
- The buff is applied even while they are invulnerable (i.e. ), but not when hidden.
- However, the buff is not applied to any other player-controlled units.
, Gravekeeper's Cloak turns into an active ability. The passive component is still present.
- Except for the health regeneration, the other values are taken from , based on the current level of .
- If Summon Familiars is not learned, nothing happens upon cast, wasting the mana and cooldown.
- Visage is rooted during the seconds effect delay. He can still turn, attack, and cast abilities and items during the effect delay.
- Gravekeeper's Cloak first applies .
- After the effect delay, Visage is invulnerable and disabled.
- The area damage and second stun duration is then applied, and Visage regenerates of his maximum health over the duration.
- If Visage dies during the effect delay, the area damage and stun are not applied, but the visual effects still appear.
- The duration is indicated by a yellow number above Visage. This number is visible to Visage only.
- The stun and damage location is determined upon landing, not upon cast.
- Upon landing, trees within radius are destroyed.
- Stone Form does not interrupt Visage's channeling abilities upon cast.
- This ability is disabled when no
- The ability goes on a cooldown equal to the cooldown time of the Stone Form with the lowest cooldown among all Familiars.
- The cooldown is not affected by any cooldown reduction and cooldown resets sources, it periodically updates itself to match the next lowest Stone Form cooldown.
- This means re-casting while the sub-ability is on cooldown, Stone Form is instantly ready to be cast again.
- Upon cast, it orders the closest Familiar to enter Stone Form automatically.
- Requires to be unlocked.
- Silent as the Grave does not interrupt Visage's channeling abilities upon cast.
- Only affects Visage and his
, regardless of where they are on the map.
- Does not affect any other player-controlled units.
- While active, increases Visage's total movement speed to 342 and the Familiars' movement speed to 516 ( ).
- The invisibility is lost upon reaching the cast point of abilities, or upon landing an attack on an enemy.
- This means if the attack misses, the invisibility is not lost.
- Visage can pick up, drop, and attack items without breaking the invisibility.
- The main attack damage buff is granted whenever the invisibility buff is lost in any way.
- Summon Familiars interrupts Visage's channeling abilities upon cast.
- Casting Summon Familiars replaces all currently active Familiars from a previous cast.
- Their attack damage, health, and armor values (including 's level) are only updated upon ability recast, and not immediately upon leveling the ability up.
|Summoned Ancient Creep-Hero|
- The Familiar is rooted during the 0.55 effect delay. It can still turn, attack, and cast abilities during the effect delay.
- Stone Form first applies the debuff, then the damage.
- After the effect delay, the Familiar is invulnerable and disabled.
- The 60/100/140 area damage and 1/1.25/1.5 seconds stun is then applied, and it regenerates up to 900/1050/1200 health over its full duration.
- When a Familiar dies during the effect delay, the area damage and stun are not applied, but the visual effects still appear.
- The duration is indicated by a yellow number above the Familiar. This number is visible to Visage only.
- The stun and damage location is determined upon landing, not upon cast.
- Upon landing, trees within 350 radius are destroyed.
Gravekeeper's Cloak Calculations
|Level / Layer(s)||1||2||3||4||5
|+40Movement Speed||20||+20Damage Per Charge|
|Hits 2 Targets||15||-3 Armor Corruption|
- This attack damage talent is added as bonus attack damage.
- Does not benefit illusions and is not affected by most percentage-based damage increasing or reducing effects.
- Reduced attack point from 0.46 to 0.4.
- Increased turn rate from 0.5 to 0.6.
- Increased armor from -2 to -1.
- Reduced mana cost from 135/140/145/150 to 125 on each level.
- Increased active max health as health regen bonus from 25% to 35%.
- Reduced mana cost from 200 to 125.
- Level 10 right talent changed: +75 cast range ➜ -3s cooldown.
- Reduced active mana cost from 300 to 200.
- sustains Visage's health during the laning phase, keeping him from returning to base due to enemy harassment.
- also restores health to Visage in the laning stage.
- allows Visage to maintain his mana in order to cast his spells in the laning phase, particularly Soul Assumption, which costs roughly half of his base mana pool and can be important for securing kills during ganks.
- is cheap and give Visage a small amount of attributes, a useful way to spend his remaining gold. They can be used with Tango for more health restoration, sold for inventory space, or built into Magic Wand or Mekansm.
- gives map vision and allows Visage to better position his Familiars to take advantage of gank opportunities. It can also spot incoming enemy ganks and other map movements.
- allows Visage to take map vision away from the enemy; as well, Familiars can use their small vision radius to scout high ground areas for enemy wards after placing a Sentry Ward on lower ground to cover more detection area.
- are necessary to rectify Visage's poor movement speed. Getting boots as early as possible in the laning phase allows Visage to pursue enemies during ganks, particularly to get within range to cast Grave Chill to slow them.
- is a useful burst healing/mana item if the enemies in lane will be casting many spells. It can later be built into a Magic Wand.
- gives Visage's lane increased physical survivability and some mana regeneration to sustain spell casting. Past the laning stage, it can be disassembled and the Sage's Mask recycled for other items.
- is a powerful utility support item in Visage's hands. The item provides armor and mana regeneration, giving Visage more survivability and maintaining his mana pool. The active allows him to either buff up an ally's armor to help them in fights, or reduce an enemy's armor to increase the amount of damage they take from allies, Visage's attacks, and most importantly his Summon Familiars.
- , built from Magic Stick, gives Visage bonus attributes and increased charge storage for burst regeneration. As a support, Visage can benefit greatly from both if lacking farm.
- , upgraded from Medallion of Courage, provides many of the same benefits. The increased armor, stats, and mana regeneration give Visage even more tankiness and helps keep his mana topped up even in the late game. Can be used on enemies to slow and increase familiar damage by lowering target armor. Can also be used on a familiar while attacking towers to give +80 attack speed.
- provides attack speed aura to strengthen damage output of Visage and Familiars. It also allows Visage to control a neutral creep, taking full advantage of its abilities.
- is a powerful item for Visage, as the bonus move speed during invisibility and bonus damage after breaking out can lead to more kill potential when engaging a target. The item also provides Visage with all-around attributes, giving him more health and mana.
- root on a low cooldown. It can greatly increase Visage's ability to chase down foes as he can root them at long range with the active, then use Familiar's Stone From to stun, and finish off with Grave Chill for more movement speed slow. provides Visage with more health, more intelligence for mana and base damage, and a long-ranged
- greatly boosts Visage's armor and attack speed, making him a strong presence in teamfights and ganks. The aura can boost his Familiars' attack speed and reduce enemies' armor to allow the Familiars' attacks to deal additional damage.
- saves Visage and teammates with magic resistance and invisibility.
- makes Visage invulnerable to physical attacks, so he can survive to use more abilities and items.
- benefits only two of Visage's spells and any applicable items like Force Staff or Orchid Malevolence but can help him hit enemies from further away with Grave Chill and Soul Assumption.
- gives Visage more intelligence, increasing his base damage and the size of his mana pool, and provides some health regeneration. The active allows Visage to quickly re-position himself to cast his spells during ganks and fights, and can act as an escape if needed. It can also be cast on teammates caught out of position in order to save them.
- builds out of Force Staff and helps him become more proficient at attacking. Since Visage's range is already good, this can allow him to assist in fighting without putting himself in as much danger while his Familiars attack as well.
- gives Visage increased utility and allows him to further support his team through healing them. The increased attributes and armor also vastly boost Visage's durability, making him tankier in fights and allowing him to contribute more.
- can give Visage increased survivability and utility for his team. The magic resistance allows Visage to weather magic nukes more effectively when Gravekeeper's Cloak is down, and the magic barrier can shield teammates from magic damage during fights.
- is a very powerful support item that gives Visage powerful utility in teamfights. The increased attributes and aura make Visage much tankier, and he can heal himself while also removing negative debuffs with the active.
- gives Visage many useful benefits, including physical damage output, more mana and powerful mana regeneration. The silence can prevent enemies from casting escape spells during ganks, and deal powerful burn damage from Visage's powerful burst damage at the end of the silence.
- is upgraded from Orchid Malevolence, giving critical strike and true strike on affected targets, synergizing well with armor reduction of Solar Crest to shred enemies.
- 's slow will be applied when a familiar attacks the target and since the slow duration is the same as the attack time for familiars the slow can be applied to the target for the entire mute duration. This item can also be applied along with an Orchid or Bloodthorn to effectively debuff an enemy to the same effect as a Scythe of Vyse but for a longer duration and with the added effect from Bloodthorn's guaranteed crits and Soul Rend effect.
- 's Echo Shell deters enemy heroes from using single-target abilities on Visage or affected allies for fear of reflection. Otherwise, it grants armor and regeneration so Visage can survive in battles a little longer.
- is a strong support item that, while expensive, provides extremely strong benefits. The all-around attributes, larger mana pool and increased mana regeneration allow Visage to better contribute in teamfights, and the instant hard-disable can be crucial for getting off successful ganks and disabling important targets in teamfights.
- boosts Visage's survivability against physical damage and greatly improves his mana pool and base damage. The active can be used as a slow and nuke, further slowing an enemy alongside Grave Chill and building up damage for Soul Assumption.
|Roles:||Support Nuker Durable Disabler Pusher|
|Playstyle:||Perched atop the Narrow Maze was Visage, a dreadful gargoyle form to which the eternal spirit Necro'lic was bound. Tasked with hunting down those who escape the afterlife, Visage instills a Grave Chill in his prey, impairing them as he reaps their essence with Soul Assumption. Protected by a Gravekeeper's Cloak, the gargoyle's ablative layers deflect both steel and spells. Visage's Familiars circle above, scouting the land for runaways. On his command, they harass their prey, then drop down to earth in Stone Form to restrain the captive for their master's impending arrival.|
- Visage has one of the most numerous ability remakes in the game, with Grave Chill being his only mainstay:
- Soul Assumption, in an earlier version, was an autocast enabled attack modifier where he will deal bonus damage and steal the life of his enemies upon death, healing him and leaving no corpse.
- Gravekeeper's Cloak used to be a passive aura where allies in the area will be healed when Visage takes damage, physical or magical.
- Raise Revenants, his former ultimate, lets him summon up to eight pitch-black, gargoyle-shaped spirits from a corpse. It was likely changed because of it being a very effective scouting tool that makes map control easier. The Revenants had good vision range, a flying attribute, and can be resummoned easily since the ability neither cost a lot of mana nor had a long cooldown. This, along with the fact that the Revenants did not do a lot of damage on their own (attack modifier limits their damage to one-third the stated amount against heroes) and no special abilities give them very limited usage in combat situations.
- Visage's rival line towards ▶️ "You shall not pass!" is a direct quote from Gandalf, a character from The Lord of the Rings. This reference is due to the similarities between Keeper of the Light and Gandalf.
Low Violence model