|Veil of Discord|
|The headwear of corrupt magi.|
1525 ( )
- For strength heroes, it grants 80 health, 0.4 health regen, 0.67 armor, 4 attack speed, 48 mana, 0.2 mana regen and 4 attack damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 80 health, 0.4 health regen, 0.67 armor, 4 attack speed, 48 mana, 0.2 mana regen and 4 attack damage.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 80 health, 0.4 health regen, 0.67 armor, 4 attack speed, 48 mana, 0.2 mana regen and 4 attack damage.
- Places a debuff on enemy units in the area upon cast. Leaving or entering the area afterwards has no effect.
- Applies generic incoming damage amplification on the targets. Stacks additively with other sources of generic incoming damage manipulation.
- Multiple casts on the same targets do not stack, but refresh the duration instead.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Veil of Discord as a core item:
- Heroes whose default item build includes Veil of Discord as a situational item:
, , , , , , , .
- Consider how much spell damage your team produces when deciding whether or not to buy Veil of Discord.
- Veil of Discord can be a good purchase if your team overall outputs a good amount of spell damage, even if your own hero doesn't. Due to changes to Spell immunity and improved range of , it can be a reliable item by all means.
- It compliments nicely for armor reducing debuffs for casters that deal physical damage with their spells. Also benefits as pure and magical damage.
- Knowing the potentials about magic resistance and armor of the enemy is the main allure of this item. Early game, before anyone can buy a magic resistance artifact or armor, reach their defensive talents or stack enough strength or agility to resist the spell effects lategame; is when Veil of Discord is most destructive.
- Thinking standard 25-30% magic resistance of heroes and no other sources to amplify it further; treats target as 10-15% magic resistance lost. All inflicted targets incur magical damage at 85-90% efficiency along the duration depends on their stats.
- For physical damage spells, it is roughly equivalent to reducing armor by 3.5 points.
Main Article: Veil of Discord/Changelogs
- Increased cast range from 1000 to 1200.
- Reduced cooldown from 25 to 22.
- Increased mana regeneration bonus from 1.5 to 1.75.