Hey, you've done a great job prettying up the Hero Infobox. Thanks for that, looks great. :D RJackson 06:46, 21 August 2011 (CDT)
I'm one of the parties guilty of coping data straight from PlayDota. Sorry. I thought copying lore and statistics about heroes and items was acceptable, because I thought PlayDota was the only definitive source. I'll be better about citations from now on, but can you clarify what we are and are not allowed to more-or-less straight copy from PlayDota?
- Hero statistics ("Kunkka's armor is 1.96")
- Hero introductions ("Daelin Proudmoore is a fearsome opponent in nearly any situation...")
- Hero background stories ("Of all the allies in the Sentinel's ranks, only one, is known by as many names and is feared in as many lands...")
- Skill descriptions ("Using his unparalleled knowledge of the sea, Daelin is able to summon a blast of water at a targeted area...")
- Skill statistics ("120 damage, 30% slow")
- Skill notes ("Units tossed in the air will be paused and still able to be attacked.")
- Item statistics ("Heals 250 HP and gives +2 armor in 750 AoE")
- Item lore ("A glowing jewel formed out of assorted parts that somehow fit together perfectly, Mekansm protects its bearer from danger.")
I'm most curious about lore. If we don't get the lore from PlayDota, what other sources are there? (Other than a few snippets here and there from the Dota 2 Blog, etc.) Should we dance the Academic Bullshit Tango where we pretend that running a paragraph through a thesauruses is more scholastic than quoting it? :-D --Kroocsiogsi 06:04, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
- Statistics and the like are information, and you can't really change them to say "Kunkka's armor is 3". They're fine.
- Introductions aren't relevant to Dota 2 anymore, so I wouldn't know why you'd use them. I guess if you're trying to get a (very flawed) overview of the hero, you can read them. Don't just copy and paste them though.
- Background stories are too.
- Descriptions changed, though they're actually straight out of DotA on Playdota. You're welcome to use them for unreleased Heroes and stuff but they should be taken from Dota 2 once they're released.
- See 1 for statistics. They didn't change in Dota 2, and they're specific things.
- Notes are something that Playdota made up themselves. Hard to make a call. If you cite the Playdota page at the end it's fine.
- Statistics see statistics
- Lore is also taken directly from DotA IIRC. I didn't see any lore for items in Dota 2 though.
- Rules of thumb: if it's information taken straight out of DotA, it's fine. If it's not relevant anymore, there shouldn't be a problem. If it's a small thing like the notes, cite your sources. If it's a whole page, don't do it. -Lancey 19:31, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks! --Kroocsiogsi 22:14, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
- Did it resolve itself yet? -Lancey 16:05, 23 November 2011 (UTC)
- Still unresolved. Redefining history 20:03, 11 December 2011 (UTC)
- I just added Power Treads to Robe of the Magi. Same issue there too. --Kroocsiogsi 01:48, 24 December 2011 (UTC)
- Hm. I wonder how hard it would be to refactor the code to use HTML5 Canvas. It might allow us to draw straight lines and distribute icons evenly. On the other hand, I don't know how much browser support there is. --Kroocsiogsi
- Now Staff of Wizardry, with the 6.73 patch. Just keeping them all in one place. :-) --Kroocsiogsi 20:44, 13 January 2012 (UTC)
- DONE. --Kroocsiogsi 06:26, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
Was curious if you needed a bit of help with the playermodel perspectives (Or anything involving the player models/models in general) or do you have it under control? --Vaught 20:15, 18 December 2011 (UTC)
- I've got it under control myself, thanks. -Lancey 20:17, 18 December 2011 (UTC)
I feel that the W4G rating bar is sorta horrible, especially rating it out of 100. I suggest using this one instead.
I also feel that the "Latest Ratings" section is totally unnecessary, it doesn't help in showing anything. Just expand the top guides section.
I think the "top guides" section should just be a sortable table with the date of creation (see this extension) like on playdota. While clicking on every hero on the guide listing will lead the user to another table which is filtered to specific heroes, instead of a category page. Redefining history 01:45, 5 February 2012 (UTC)