|Contains the ashes of powerful demons.|
- The item's attributes grants the following bonuses:
- ↓↓ Double-tapping automatically target self.
- Successive casts on the same target do not stack, but refresh the duration instead.
- The buff and debuff are independent and stack with each other, although the heal gets canceled as soon as the damage ticks.
- Both Urn of Shadows' and
's heal and damage debuffs do not stack, with Spirit Vessel's modifers overriding both of Urn of Shadows' modifiers.
- When attempting to do so, Urn of Shadows goes on cooldown, without losing charges.
- Can regenerate up to 240 health over its full duration.
- Deals 25 damage in 1-second intervals, starting 1 second after cast, resulting in 8 damage instances.
- Can deal a total of 200 damage to the target (before reductions).
- Damage greater than
from any player (including allies, excluding self) or dispels the healing effect, but not the damage effect.
- Does not get dispelled by damage flagged as HP Removal.
- When no charges are left, Soul Release gain 2 charges from the next enemy hero's death instead of 1.
- Does not gain charges if the dying hero has Reincarnation, is an illusion or the .
- Soul Release charges cannot be gathered by clones, illusions and creep-heroes.
- When having multiple Urn of Shadows and/or Spirit Vessels, the one in the higher inventory slot gains charges.
- The top left inventory slot has the highest priority, the bottom right one the lowest.
- Cannot gain charges while inside the backpack.
- When multiple heroes in a team have Urn of Shadows, the hero who is closest to the dying enemy hero gains charges.
- Shares cooldown with .
- All current charges are carried over when upgrading Urn of Shadows-based items.
Support heroes can use Urn of Shadows from the backline, and will also benefit from the extra health given by strength.
- Urn of Shadows is a great item to have when going for a heavy ganking lineup, as it helps heal any damage taken while finishing off any low health enemies.
Main Article: Urn of Shadows/Changelogs