Jah'rakal, the Troll Warlord, is a ranged agility hero able to output mighty damage competitively at range and in melee. His Berserker's Rage gives him the unique ability to change his attack position from ranged to melee and back at will as the situation warrants. When in close combat, his stats are increased accordingly: he gains bonus armor, movement speed, reduced base attack time, and the ability to root. Not only does this greatly improve the Troll Warlord, but allows him to overpower most other carries, as well as permanently ensnare a target for extended amounts of time. The Troll Warlord is an axe specialist, using them in his unique Whirling Axes, which has two variations: the first is available to his ranged form wherein he throws axes in a cone formation to damage and slow enemies. The second is available to his melee form, whirling axes around himself in a small radius to damage and blind nearby enemies. In keeping with his savage nature, Fervor builds up the Warlord's momentum, granting him attack speed with each consecutive hit on the same target, though the momentum is lost upon switching targets. His Ultimate, Battle Trance, increases his attack speed further, boosts his movement speed, prevents death and grants lifesteal at the expense of almost complete loss of control when enemies are nearby, mindlessly attacking them. Notorious for his superbly fast attack speed that can be matched by few, Jah'rakal is truly a force to be reckoned with.
- Does not interrupt Troll Warlord's channeling abilities upon toggling.
- Toggling On disables and then enables .
- Turns Troll Warlord into a melee unit with 150 attack range for its duration.
- This causes items that use different values for melee and ranged heroes (e.g. ) to now treat the caster as a melee hero.
- Attack range bonuses are not overridden and still work normally.
- When toggling On while a ranged projectile is airborne, the projectile is treated as a melee attack by items, but it does not proc Berserker's Rage's root chance.
- Berserker's Rage melee and ranged form persists through Troll Warlord's death. He respawns with the same form as he dies.
- The root proccing attack first applies the debuff, then its own damage.
- When toggled Off, all changes are reverted and he becomes a ranged unit again.
- Whirling Axes (Ranged) is only available when Off. is toggled
- The axes travel at a speed of 1500, taking 0.63 seconds to travel the full distance.
- Spawns 5 axes which spread up to 25° and affect units within 100 radius around them.
- Has no starting radius, the axes spawn at one point in front of Troll Warlord. So the total area is shaped like a cone.
- With the travel distance and axes radius, it can hit units up to 1050 range away.
- The axes first apply , then the damage, then the debuff.
- Does not affect .
- While is active, Whirling Axes (Ranged) has an instant cast time and does not require Troll Warlord to face the targeted direction.
- Whirling Axes (Melee) is only available when is toggled On.
- Interrupts Troll Warlord's channeling abilities upon cast.
- The axes travel out at a speed of 1250 and move out at a speed of 233.33 until reaching the max distance in 1.5 seconds, and then returning to Troll Warlord at the same speed.
- The axes always spawn towards east and west at Troll Warlord's position and rotate clockwise.
- With the max spin radius and axes radius, it can hit units up to 450 range away.
- The axes first apply the damage, then the debuff.
- Only units within 100 range of an axe are damaged and blinded.
- The visual effects of this ability are offset and do not reflect the actual currently affected area.
- The full damage and debuff are dealt the first time when a unit comes in contact with an axe, being hit by the other axe does not deal extra damage or reapply the debuff.
- Does not affect .
- If Troll Warlord dies, the ability ends and the axes disappear.
- With basic dispel on Troll Warlord upon cast. , applies a
- Troll Warlord gains or loses stacks as soon as his attacks land on the target.
- This is how much attack speed Fervor grants with a certain amount of stacks on each level.
- Level 1: 15/30/45/60/75/90/105/120/135/150/165/180
- Level 2: 20/40/60/80/100/120/140/160/180/200/220/240
- Level 3: 25/50/75/100/125/150/175/200/225/250/275/300
- Level 4: 30/60/90/120/150/180/210/240/270/300/330/360
- At level 4 with the talent, Ferver grants attack speed bonus per stack.
- When already having stacks, the first attack against a new target removes the previous stacks, without granting a new stack.
- Requires upgrade to be unlocked.
- Rampage interrupts Troll Warlord's channeling abilities upon cast.
- Affects ally heroes, clones, illusions (even if they are invulnerable or hidden).
- Does not affect creep-heroes.
- Rampage works independently from
- When cast, it checks for the caster's current range type.
- Creates red particles if the caster was melee on cast, and teal if they were ranged.
- Rampage checks for the caster's range type periodically and updates the buff immediately. However, the particle effects do not update.
- For example, when cast by during , Rampage grants status resistance bonus.
- The status resistance stacks multiplicatively with other sources of status resistance.
- Despite the tooltip, the buff is dispellable by any dispel and it fully works on spell immune allies.
- Increases self attack speed bonus to 210/240/270 while Troll Warlord is in ranged form and is active.
- Battle Trance interrupts Troll Warlord's channeling abilities upon cast.
- Applies a basic dispel on Troll Warlord upon cast.
- Battle Trance first applies the buff, then the dispel.
- When cast while not attacking, Troll Warlord automatically chooses an attack target within the search radius.
- When cast while already attacking a target, Troll Warlord sticks to that target, even if it is Roshan, buildings, wards, or an ally.
- He only switches the current attack target when it becomes unattackable (turns invulnerable or attack immune, or dies).
- Grants shared vision over the current attack target as long as he stays within 900 range of the target, revealing it through the Fog of War. Does not provide True Sight.
- While attacking, Troll Warlord becomes almost fully uncontrollable. He is hasted, fully ignoring movement speed slows, and completely ignores taunts.
- Prevents Troll Warlord from dying by setting his minimum health to 1.
- This means he cannot die to damage, not even damage flagged as HP removal, so that it prevents him from dying to 's delayed damage.
- Does not protect him against expiring. 's kill threshold, or
- Stops from shattering him when Battle Trance is active while below the shatter threshold.
- Damage taken is technically not reduced, so any damage event still registers the full damage.
- The talent turns the basic dispel into a strong dispel.
|+30 Damage||20||20% Evasion|
- Increased turn rate from 0.5 to 0.6.
- Rescaled armor bonus from 6 on each level to 4/5/6/7.
- Reduced cast range from 1000 to 950.
- Reduced axes travel distance from 1000 to 950.
- Increased mana cost from 50 to 60.
- Reduced movement speed bonus from 30%/35%/40% to 25%/30%/35%.
- Old: Makes provide a global aura that grants allied heroes, including self, 60 attack speed.
- New: Grants the ability.
- Grants all allied heroes on the map attack speed if Troll Warlord is in his ranged form, or status resistance if he is in his melee form.
- Cast time: 0
- Radius: Global
- Attack speed bonus: 70
- Status resistance bonus: 25%
- Duration: 5
- Mana cost: 75
- Cooldown: 80
- Notes: Affects Troll Warlord himself as well.
- Increased movement speed bonus from 10/20/30/40 to 15/25/35/45.
- Old: Reduces cooldown from 90 to 35, and allows it to be cast on allied and enemy heroes. Has a cast range of 525, and lasts 3.25 seconds on enemy heroes.
- New: Reduces basic dispel on hit enemies, and to apply a basic dispel on self upon cast. cooldown from 9 to 4 and mana cost by 50%. Causes to apply a
upgrade for :
- Makes provide a global aura that grants allied heroes, including self, 60 attack speed.
- Level 25 right talent changed: -5s cooldown ➜ +2s duration.
- sustains health so you can stay longer in lane.
- restores health as well.
- helps to sustain in the lane against enemies that can spam spells.
- increase attack damage to complement Troll Warlord's high attack speed.
- increases farm speed, allowing to get more items quicker.
- is core on troll because Battle Trance only lasts 6.5 seconds. Every second matters, and stuns and disables potentially make you unable to do anything for several seconds, wasting the spell's potential.
- provides lifesteal which works well with your high attack speed. Getting this can help you take out Roshan in the early game by yourself. It also upgrades into , which helps with survivability in the late game.
- provides a massive agility and attack speed bonus as well as evasion. In addition, the evasion, combined with the blind provided by Whirling Axes provides a great deal of survivability.
- provides Troll Warlord with stun and bash, which he can take advantage of due to his high attack speed. The item also gives damage block and health so he can survive in fights.
- provides an active that will allow Troll Warlord to hit enemies without the fear of dying and gain full health in a fraction of a second. The passive status resistance is what makes this item a must, as Troll Warlord doesn't like to be interrupted in fights so that he can focus one target.
- is alternative way to farm faster.
- is always a decent choice, for extra movement speed and agility. Upgrade it into either a for some durability, or a for the illusions, dispel and disjointing projectiles.
- offers cost effective attack speed and damage increases, strong initiation and mobility, and a mediocre escape. It also upgrades in the improved .
- allows Troll Warlord to get on top of the enemies to root and kill them. Can be upgraded later to
- provides good agility and helps you deplete (quickly) a target of its mana.
- gives your attacks a great deal of damage. Because maximum attack speed is easily achievable with his ultimate and passive, Troll Warlord can focus on damage and get multiple Daedalus to crit more often and lifesteal even more.
- evasion from the enemies due to its magical damage procs, and gives an increase to attack damage which complements attack speed bonuses from Fervor and Battle Trance. counters
|Roles:||Carry Pusher Disabler Durable|
|Playstyle:||Jah'rakal is an intolerable scoundrel, even for a troll. As such, being kicked out of the troll encampment only served to fuel his anger. The next day, he returned with steel in hand, and slew his former comrades in a Berserker's Rage. With each passing blow, the self-styled Troll Warlord accelerates his swings in an irate Fervor. Swapping effortlessly between melee and ranged, he throws his weapons to cripple from afar, while chopping down adjacent foes with Whirling Axes. To challenge Jah'rakal is to invite one's own death. The Troll Warlord enters a Battle Trance, channeling pure hatred into unequaled speed as he decimates his opponents in a storm of bloody axes.|
- Jah'rakal's lore and certain dialogue lines make several references to Internet trolls, a type of identity or role assumed by certain Internet users.
- Troll Warlord's alternate name in DotA was Cory Clark a nod to the famous internet troll.
- Battle Trance's ▶️ sound effect is based on ▶️ this and ▶️ this line combined.
- Troll Warlord's rare ▶️ "Axes of evil." is a reference to the term "axis of evil" which former U.S. president George W. Bush coined and used many times during his presidency. cast response