|Places||Vale of Augury|
|Gods||Spirit of Nature|
Rooftrellen is the only member of the Treant Protectors known by name. Like the others of his race, he is long lived, and time appears to pass quickly for him. Being the only Protector to ever leave their homeland, Rooftrellen is confounded by gold and items, objects he has never before seen. Like other Protectors, Rooftrellen fears heroes who wield axes and fire.
On his forehead, Rooftrellen wears a special runestone. What this signifies is unknown. Whether or not the Treant Protectors are related to treants is also unknown. Rooftrellen can summon the Spirit of Nature to release its power, causing an of vines and roots. It is unknown whether this ability is unique to him, or available to all Protectors. If Rooftrellen were to fall in battle, a seedling will sprout from his body, grow into a second Protector, and continue his mission.'s
It is likely that the city of Augury Bay was scouted out by Rooftrellen, because it was soon attacked by an army of "walking trees". Given geographical closeness and Rizzrack's account of the attack, these trees strongly resemble the Treant Protectors. For this reason, Rooftrellen has a natural rivalry with .
Friendships and rivalries
Allies meeting Treant Protector
- ▶️ Don't worry, Treant, Axe does not come to chop you.
- ▶️ Come on, big fella.
- ▶️ Twigs and stones will break their bones.
- ▶️ Walk with me, Treant, and we'll teach these fools to fear.
- ▶️ Beware of forest fires, Treant.
- ▶️ Ain't you a tall tree!
- ▶️ ▶️ The trees respect you, Treant, but they love me.
- ▶️ ▶️ Yes, yes, Treant. I remember. No climbing.
- ▶️ Were you a bud of the Undertree? We could be no better companions.
- ▶️ There's…a giant…tree-person…right next to me. Stay calm. Ha ha ha ha. Just stay calm.
- ▶️ There's…a giant…tree-person…next to me. Ha ha. Stay calm. Hi there. Stay calm!
- ▶️ You ready to work together?
- ▶️ I admire what you did in Roseleaf. I mean, it was stupid, but admirable.
- ▶️ Sorry. I will try not to destroy too many trees.
- ▶️ You certainly do take your time, Treant...
- ▶️ I too was a protector, Treant... Or so my people thought.
- ▶️ I'm only a handful of generations into this whole helping people thing. Any pointers?
- ▶️ In the old days, I never stopped to admire how beautiful the battlefield really is.
- ▶️ I don't think they've got any of you lot in the Outlands. Least, those trees sure don't seem protected.
- ▶️ Don't worry, Rizzrack's particular brand of psychosis does not run in the family.
- ▶️ Hey can I check out your upper branches? It'll only take a sec.
Enemies killing Treant Protector
- ▶️ You will be kindling for the rest of your kind.
- ▶️ The Treant brought much wood for Axe to chop.
- ▶️ More things for Axe to chop!
- ▶️ That was all sap and no brain.
- ▶️ I was hiding in your shadow the whole time.
- ▶️ Was the soil too rocky to hold your roots?
- ▶️ You'll find no safe soil here.
- ▶️ Your roots will find no purchase in this earth.
- ▶️ I have reduced you to pulp.
- ▶️ I remember when you were but a sapling.
- ▶️ Have a little fire, Treant.
- ▶️ A forest fire begins.
- ▶️ ▶️ Never trust a tree.
- ▶️ And that's how you start a forest fire.
- ▶️ ▶️ The trees will be just fine without you.
- ▶️ ▶️ I always wanted to take up woodcarving.
- ▶️ Treant, I cut you down.
- ▶️ Treant, logging season is open.
- ▶️ Treant, you log.
- ▶️ Just let me carve in my initials.
- ▶️ And so your wood rots.
- ▶️ The biggest tree in the forest must bow to the smallest storm.
- ▶️ Oh, a windfall!
- ▶️ I got you. I got you! I chopped you down.
- ▶️ Ha! You're sawdust!
- ▶️ Oh you gave me a splinter!
- ▶️ If you fall in the woods, and I laugh, will anyone hear me?
- ▶️ Trees do have a way of dying around me!
- ▶️ Your life is trunk-cated, heh hah he hah.
- ▶️ Leaving Roseleaf was a mistake.
- ▶️ You can't even save yourself.
- ▶️ Rest easy, Treant. I shall protect the forest in your stead.
- ▶️ And that is how you plant a tree.
- ▶️ Grow a pair.
- ▶️ Heavy timber falls with ease!
- ▶️ Fear not, I shall build something grand with you!
- ▶️ Feel the iron bite!
- ▶️ From the forest itself!
- ▶️ Rest easy, child.
- ▶️ Bummer, I think he had some of my stash. Ah well. I'll find more.
- ▶️ No matter how quickly you move, enmeshed you may become in the overgrowth.
- ▶️ ▶️ Defend your beard!
- Treant Protector response: ▶️ Shiny rocks?
- Treant Protector response: ▶️ Mmm. What sort of prize is this?
- Treant Protector response: ▶️ Axe! I will fear you no more.
- Treant Protector response: ▶️ Keep your hot little hands away from me, Lina.
- Overgrowth description.
- Eldritch Gnarl description.
- Timbersaw biography.
- Dark Willow response: ▶️ I admire what you did in Roseleaf. I mean it was stupid, but admirable.
- Dark Willow response: ▶️ Leaving Roseleaf was a mistake.
- Stuntwood Sanctuary description.