|Tome of Knowledge|
|That which raises beast to man and man to god.|
- Tomes of Knowledge do not stack in the inventory. Each bought instance requires its own slot.
- Tomes of Knowledge are fully sharable.
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells on cast.
- The first two Tomes used only grant the 700XP base experience. Each subsequent Tome used by that team grants a bonus 135XP than the previous Tome.
- This growth effect has no upper limit, so the experience bonus keeps growing bigger and bigger with each Tome of Knowledge consumed by that team.
- Grants the experience instantly.
- Cannot be used by or .
- Can be used even when already at max level, effectively wasting the item.
- Because Tome is relatively cheap for the amount of experience it provides, it is generally advisable for someone on your team to buy and use it about as soon as each one becomes available.
- Because it takes more and more experience to level up the more a hero levels, the experience bonus is technically more relevant the lower its user's level. For example, a hero that is nearly lvl 5 can use Tome to jump all the way to level 6, while a hero that is lvl 24 might receive about 1/3 of a level from the same tome.
- It is recommended that your team allow the first tome to be consumed by someone that is not yet Lvl 6. Ideally, they then use their newly acquired ultimate ability to make a play (such as, to kill an enemy hero) for immediate pay-off.
- What your team uses any further tomes for is more debatable. Tomes can be used to put your core heroes even further ahead, or they can be used to help your lower-leveled heroes catch up. In general, they should be used to help your team achieve key hero levels, namely 6/12/18 (for ultimates) and 10/15/20/25 (for talents). Keep in mind that some ultimate/talent upgrades are worth much more than others.
Main Article: Tome of Knowledge/Changelogs
- The initial replenish time now provides only 1 .
- The initial replenish time now provides 2 at once. [ ]
- No longer stacks with itself in the inventory. [ ]
- Increased cooldown from 0 to .
- Bonus experience gained per previous tome now starts with the third used tome, instead of the second. [ ]