Taunts are cosmetic items that causes the hero to perform an in-game animation. Certain in-game events can trigger some equipped taunts to autoplay.
- Taunts are activated by pressing the designated hotkey (
- There is an 8 second cooldown between uses counting the taunt duration.
- Taunts can be used while channeling.
- Taunts released before The International Compendium 2015 can only be used while standing still.
- Moving will stop the animation.
- These taunts cannot be triggered to autoplay.
The following in-game events will cause an equipped taunt to autoplay. This feature is only available for taunts released in The International Compendium 2015 and after.
- When using a HP or lower. or at 15%
- When escaping at 15% HP or lower after diving a tower and killing an enemy.
- After being involved in an enemy teamwipe.
- After denying a Rune.
- Killing a courier.
- Denying an allied hero.