|Cleaves down enemies with his incredible strength.|
|The Rogue Knight lives by two creeds: Honor, as ordained by his own personal code, and Solitude. Always eager to charge into a fight. Using his iron gauntlet, he launches a Storm Hammer, stunning grouped enemies as he transports himself into battle, then closes in to cut them down with Great Cleave. Letting out a truly frightening Warcry, he ignites and calls upon God's Strength, a few swings of his gargantuan sword are often more than enough to slay on his hapless foes.|
|Roles:||Carry Disabler Initiator Durable Nuker|
- The targeting reticle must be centered over an enemy unit.
- The projectile travels at a speed of 1000 and has 225 radius flying vision. This vision does not last.
- Storm Hammer can be cast on invulnerable enemies, but does not affect them.
- Storm Hammer first applies , then the damage, then the debuff.
- Sven's sword emits some particles during the cast time, visible to everyone.
- With moved along with the projectile.
, Sven is
- While being moved, Sven is fully disabled, untargetable and invulnerable.
- If the movement gets interrupted (e.g. with teleport), Sven is no longer disabled, untargetable and invulnerable.
- Sven stops moving along with the projectile if Storm Hammer is disjointed, if the distance between him and the target exceeds 2200, or when Sven dies.
- Cleave damage cannot be amplified with outgoing spell damage amplification and cannot spell lifesteal.
- Can be amplified by incoming spell damage amplification.
- Cleave damage is reduced by Damage Block.
- The complete area is shaped like an isosceles trapezoid in front of Sven.
- Fully stacks with other sources of cleaves. Each source of cleave works completely independent.
- Does not cleave upon attacking wards, buildings or allied units. Wards and buildings are unaffected by cleave.
- Despite the visual effect, cleave damage is applied instantly in the whole area.
- Interrupts Sven's channeling abilities upon cast.
- Only affects allied heroes, including clones, illusions and creep-heroes.
- Leveling up the ability, both talents do not update already existing Warcry buffs. and
- Grants flat bonus attack damage based on Sven's main attack damage. Does not further increase bonus attack damage.
- Sven's current main attack damage is periodically checked and the bonuses are adapted instantly.
- Leveling up the ability and the talent do not update an already existing God's Strength buff.
|+15 Attack Speed||10||+3sDuration|
Main Article: Sven/Changelogs
- Rescaled stun duration from 1.25/1.5/1.75/2 to 1.4/1.6/1.8/2.
- Reduced mana cost from 110/120/130/140 to 110/115/120/125.
- Increased active movement speed bonus from 8%/12%/16%/20% to 10%/14%/18%/22%.
- Increased armor bonus from 5 to 7. passive
- Increased agility gain from 2 to 2.2.
- basic dispel on all hit enemies. now also apply a
- Old: Reduces cooldown by 4 and causes to apply a basic dispel on all hit enemies
- New: armor to all allies within 1200 radius. is now undispellable and passively grants 5 bonus
- gives Sven attributes, and additional regeneration when combined with .
- supplies early health regeneration to survive the laning stage.
- gives health restoration as well.
- helps Sven stay in lane, and allows for an additional Storm Hammer in a pinch.
- helps Sven last hit more efficiently in early game and jungle slightly faster.
- is needed on all heroes.
- provides burst health and mana, useful to keep Sven alive and using abilities.
- give bonuses in attack speed and strength; he can switch to intelligence for more mana to use abilities.
- is a great item to rush or get second after Power Treads. it allows Sven to jungle without losing health and give a ton of bonus attack speed for getting kills.
- allows Sven to farm faster while also briefly slowing the enemy and attacking twice. It also gives bonus mana regeneration.
- is a a really good item on Sven this patch, as it dispels the target and allows him to navigate the fight to the enemies who he wouldn't otherwise be able to get to.
- can be potentially good against heavy physical damage opponents.
- * is a very situational item that can be amazing if the opponent team has many ways to stop you from attacking people.
- evasion items against Sven or if you predict that they will. is often necessary to counter heroes who purchase
- can be considered in the late game, as the negative armor debuff, attack speed and massive armor gain allow for Sven to truly become a tank.
- provides Sven with a good amount of survivability and damage. The active directly goes well with Sven's high damage, ensuring that he will be able to get back into full health in just a few hits. Crucially, it also grants Sven a basic dispel on himself on a brief 25 second cooldown, allowing him to dispel most slows and roots, making him much harder to kite.
- is the alternative to Aghanim Scepter and can be better if you are behind or need a cheaper option for mobility. Just be aware that this item does not make Storm Hammer dispel the target.
- is a very situational item if all you need is damage output. A lot of the time it will be your final item, and will be contested for with Satanic so choose wisely.
- is a natural pickup in late game.
- break helps Sven against important passive abilities. , an upgrade for Echo Sabre provides reliable attack speed and damage, and its
- is an easy item to build if Sven is struggling to build up gold. Its extra movement speed makes it harder for enemies to kite Sven.
- grants a huge boost in attack speed. It is a powerful luxury item that ensures Sven's continued dominance in a winning game.
- Sven is named after Danish bodybuilder and actor Sven-Ole Thorsen.
- In earlier versions of DotA, Sven had the fun name "Arnold Schwarzenegger".
- The phrases "▶️ Twas only a flesh wound" and "▶️ It was but a scratch" are references to the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- The phrases "▶️ Blame the host" and "▶️ Bad host" are references to the original Warcraft III DotA gameplay when game stability depended on the quality of internet connection on the host player.
- ▶️ "Storm Bolt".
was named Storm Bolt in the early beta phases and was renamed into Storm Hammer at one point. It is also its original name in DotA 1 and reflected in one of Sven's cast responses in Dota 2, where he is referring to it as
- also has the same response when stealing .