|Heroes|| Ember Spirit|
- Storm Spirit is the product of a forbidden spell that merged the spirit of Raijin, the Celestial of storms, into Thunderkeg's physical form, an elementalist from beyond the Wailing Mountains.
- Storm Spirit has apparently read Demnok Lannik's grimoire.
- Storm Spirit was the first among his brothers to venture away from the Wailing Mountains. When words of his exploits reached his brothers who were still within the peaks, they grew curious and joined their "cousin".
- Raijin and Thunderkeg both share a boisterous personality. This has led to his brothers and several other people to call Raijin annoying and immature.
- Raijin is rebellious and doesn't like to be controlled nor does he like being ordered around. This might be the reason why he was furious at Thunderkeg (the poor elementalist's pleas was stated to be a "presumption" to him) and why his brother Void Spirit planned to control him.
- They both share a good sense of humor and a constantly jovial mood. Raijin, however, retains this personality even during a battle.
- Raijin seems to be an egotist and is quite arrogant. It is unknown if Thunderkeg shares this trait, but he also like to admire his own looks.
Before his fusion
Among the four spirits, Raijin is the youngest spirit among them. Raijin found the Wailing Mountains too constricted for his taste, so he ventured out to manipulate the winds of the wider world. Before he even set foot outside the peaks, he was caught into a bungled summoning spell that was secretly planted by his eldest brother for Thunderkeg to find and clumsily cast by an amateur elementalist named Thunderkeg who had hoped to end a drought. What happened next in this story can be read in his biography.
Storm Spirit (or at least his mortal half Thunderkeg) shares ancestors with Ember Spirit, Earth Spirit, Void Spirit, and the Brewmaster. Mangix might be referring to Thunderkeg rather than the Storm Spirit, because the former also comes from the Wailing Mountains. When Mangix dies, he asks him to bury his body beneath the Ruined City.
Storm Spirit has an ancient rivalry with Razor, likely dating to a time before Raijin merged with Thunderkeg. Razor's lore implies that the rivalry began when he stole energy from sentient storms (likely referring to Raijin) which made these storms very angry.
In the story of Artifact, Storm Spirit has an intense rivalry with Zeus.
Amidst the landmass that has been torn by the skirmishes of Ancients, Humans, Oglodi, Vhoul and other beings of the mortal flesh, a new battle of divine proportions rises to shake the already fragile world of mortals. Not wanting to share the authority over all that is storm and weather, and refusing to bow to a pathetic excuse of a mortal god, Storm Spirit must battle against Zeus to prove that there is only one true lord of lightning...and to remind him that for all his remaining godly powers, he still has to walk with his feet.
Every time he and Zeus have to meet, they always end up dealing with each others' posturing before having a serious conversation. He also had a competition of power against Zeus, with Zeus earning the first point by destroying a building. In response to this feat, Storm Spirit destroyed an entire army to settle the matter. Frustrated, the mortal god had a temper tantrum and reduced an entire city to a crater.
Friendships and rivalries
Allies meeting Storm Spirit
- ▶️ Gonna enjoy working with you, Storm Spirit.
- ▶️ The spirits unite in battle.
- ▶️ See the clouds gather, Storm Spirit?
- ▶️ ▶️ I've seen Xin and Kaolin. Where's your other brother?
- ▶️ ▶️ Just make me a damn cloud.
- ▶️ Ho ho ho ho! Are you not the jovial sort!
- ▶️ Well, Storm Spirit. Isn't this a wintry mix?
Enemies killing Storm Spirit
- ▶️ Shoulda warned ya, Storm Spirit. She likes fruit.
- ▶️ Our ancestors welcome you home, cousin.
- ▶️ The wailing mountains will grieve your name tonight, my cousin.
- ▶️ You rejoin the spirit plane.
- ▶️ Your wind was messing up my snowflakes.
- ▶️ Too much bluster, not enough snow.
- ▶️ That storm sort of fizzled out.
- ▶️ Storm Spirit, you're a pretentious bastard.
- ▶️ Storm Spirit, I eat your tangos.
- ▶️ Storm Spirit, enjoy the firestorm.
- ▶️ Storm Spirit, shut up.
- ▶️ Storm Spirit, I weary of your endless self-promotion.
- ▶️ Contemplate your spiritual errors.
- ▶️ Well I suppose that's one way to clear the air.
- ▶️ ▶️ Did you think with all of your jumping you could elude me?
- ▶️ ▶️ Your bubble deserved to be popped.
- ▶️ ▶️ Now you are truly a spirit.
- ▶️ ▶️ You'll have to try harder than that Storm Spirit.
- ▶️ ▶️ Every storm eventually blows out, Raijin.
- ▶️ Storm Spirit, my oldest enemy. And I do mean old.
- ▶️ You should drop the thunder and work on your lightning.
- ▶️ I silenced that annoying tongue.
- ▶️ Spirited Away.
- ▶️ Your spirit fades.
- ▶️ The spirit fails.
- ▶️ Storm Spirit, I am a storm chaser.
- ▶️ That will settle you.
- ▶️ Enough jumping around.
- ▶️ That one gives me such a headache.
- ▶️ The storms answer to me.
- ▶️ ▶️ ▶️ Spirit, you ran your mouth; I ran you through.
- ▶️ ▶️ ▶️ Not so glib now, eh Storm Spirit?
- ▶️ The Storm Spirit, blown away.
- ▶️ Face oblivion, Spirit.
Enemies dying to Storm Spirit
- ▶️ Bury me beneath the ruined city.
- Storm Spirit response: ▶️ That grimoire of his got terrible reviews.
- Three Spirits Update.
- Dawnbreaker response: ▶️ For how long Inai has been sentient, the rest of you seem fairly immature.
- Dota Underlords, Earth Spirit response: Raijin is annoying, but he's family.
- Storm Spirit response: ▶️ You cannot control me, brother. You merely set me loose.
- Void Spirit response: ▶️ Try to contain that wild streak for once and stick to the plan.
- Artifact, Storm Spirit response: Watching people get electrocuted never gets old...
- Artifact, Storm Spirit response: Ahh how I look forward to electrocuting people...
- Dota Underlords: Ball Lightning description.
- Static Remnant description.
- Void Spirit response: ▶️ I make no apologies for allowing Thunderkeg to stumble upon that forbidden spell.
- Brewmaster response: ▶️ Our ancestors welcome you home, cousin.
- Brewmaster response: ▶️ The wailing mountains will grieve your name tonight, my cousin.
- Brewmaster response: ▶️ Bury me beneath the Ruined City.
- Razor response: ▶️ Storm Spirit, my oldest enemy. And I do mean old.
- Storm-Stealer's Whip description.
- Grimstroke response: ▶️ Your very existence was offensive!
- Artifact: Storm Spirit lore.
- Artifact Card: Ball Lightning
- Artifact Card: Rolling Storm
- Artifact Card: Thunderstorm