The Steam Community Market is a real money auction service used to buy and sell items related to Steam and Steam games, including Dota 2. All sales and purchases are completed using the Steam Wallet. Currency conversion is possible and automatic.
Many cosmetic items can be sold and bought on the Community Market. These items are considered Marketable.
Items of certain Quality are always Marketable:
There are no fees for listing an item.
For Dota 2 items, buyers must pay two fees.
|Steam Transaction Fee||5% (Minimum $0.01)|
|Dota 2 Fee||10%|
Steam will automatically calculate fees during listing. (Example: An item listed by a seller for $1.00 will be displayed as $1.15 for buyers.)
- Items purchased from the Market cannot be traded or sold again on the Market within 1 week of purchase.
- Account must have a successful purchase older than thirty days, but not older than a year.
- Account must have had Steam Guard enabled for 15 days.
- If you have had your password reset by Steam Support you will need to wait another 15 days with Steam Guard enabled before you can trade or list items on the Community Market.
- If a chargeback has occurred on your account you will be eligible 30 days after your next successful purchase.
- If a password is reset on an active account, trading will be restricted for 5 days. If an account has not been active within the past two months, this restriction will last for 30 days. this does not affect password changes, only password resets.
- Adding a new purchase method to an account will trigger a trade and market restriction for 7 days.
- Accounts under trade or VAC bans cannot trade or use the market.