Barathrum, the Spirit Breaker, is a powerful ganker-type melee strength hero that excels at focusing on and taking out lone targets in skirmishes, while lacking presence in larger team fights. His Charge of Darkness lets him charge rapidly towards any enemy visible on the map, while knocking off all enemies in his path. If you see the charge coming, it may already be too late. Bulldoze provides him with bonus movement speed and status resistance in order to easily chase his opponents while reducing the duration of most disables. He is picked mostly for his high damage given by his Greater Bash which crushes the life out of his helpless victims (and stuns them). Barathrum can instantly and quickly move to his enemy via Nether Strike and shock them with a soul-bashing blow. Tanky, mobile and with an array of high-damage knockbacks, including a passive one attached to his right clicks, Spirit Breaker's ganking capabilities are second to none.
- Increases Spirit Breaker's total movement speed to 590/615/640/665 ( ) and removes the 550 movement speed cap while charging.
- This means the charge speed bonus affects the damage of .
- The charge speed is based on Spirit Breaker's current movement speed, checking his movement speed periodically and adapts immediately.
- Goes on cooldown once the charge ends or is canceled, not upon cast.
- The charge indicator above the target, as well as the target buff on the caster are visible to allies only.
- The charge is canceled upon getting stunned, cycloned, hexed, rooted, slept, hidden, feared, hypnotized or by Forced Movement.
- The charge is not cancelled by taunts. Instead, Spirit Breaker starts attacking the taunting unit once the charge stops.
- Charge of Darkness cannot be manually canceled during taunts.
- The player can manually cancel the charge by giving the hero a stop (S), hold position (H) or any targeted order.
- Non-targeted abilities do not cancel the charge.
- Spirit Breaker is unable to ⇧ Shift-queue orders with Charge of Darkness, since it is not a channeling ability.
- Shift-queue orders cancels the ability, with the exception of shift-queued Patrol commands.
- However, when Charge of Darkness ends, Spirit Breaker is issued an attack order which overwrites shift-queue orders.
- When auto-attack is set to ◎ Always, Spirit Breaker can automatically attack units within attack range, without cancelling the charge.
- Any unit which comes within 300 radius of Spirit Breaker during the charge gets hit by
based on its current level.
- Greater Bash notes fully apply.
- A unit may only be bashed once per cast. If an enemy unit enters the radius a second time, they do not get bashed again.
- The bash radius is offset by 20 units in front of him, so it can hit units 280 range behind and 320 range in front of him.
- The primary target is bashed upon the charge reaching it, not upon coming within range of the bash radius.
- A is placed upon reaching the target and lasts for 0.1 seconds. The buff is responsible for the Greater Bash proc.
- With level 4 Charge of Darkness, the Greater Bash hit deals 93.1/133/172.9/212.8 ( ) damage (before reductions).
- With the talent, it deals at least damage.
- With both talents, it deals at least damage.
- If the target dies during the charge, it is transferred to the nearest valid target within 4000 range of the previous target.
- The charge provides shared vision over the targeted unit, revealing their silhouette when they become invisible.
- However, it does not provide vision when neutral creeps are targeted.
- Destroys trees within a small radius around Spirit Breaker whenever the charge ends.
- Does not stack with other bashes. The bash from and is completely disabled for Spirit Breaker.
- Does not go on cooldown when proccing from or .
- Greater Bash first applies the debuff, then the damage, no matter whether it procs on attacks, or is applied by Spirit Breaker's abilities.
- The bash effects happen before the attack damage of the attack that procs it, and before Nether Strike's damage.
- Bashed units are knocked back at a speed of 286/304/316/324.
- Also knocks affected enemies 50 units upwards, resulting in a small arc. This has only visual purposes.
- Deals 21%/30%/39%/48% ( ) of current movement speed as damage to non-hero units. Treats creep-heroes as heroes.
- With the movement speed limits of 100 to 550, the minimum and maximum possible damage are 14/20/26/32 ‒ 77/110/143/176 ( ‒ ).
- The bonus damage is dealt in a separate damage instance, and counts as spell damage.
- Can proc on stunned. , putting it on cooldown and applying the damage, but Roshan is neither knocked back nor
- Adds an average of 2.38%/3.4%/4.42%/5.44% ( ) or 3.57%/5.1%/6.63%/8.16% ( ) of current movement speed as magical damage against heroes or against creeps respectively to every attack.
- With the talent, it adds an average of (or against creeps) damage.
- With both talents, it adds an average of (or against creeps) damage.
- Greater Bash uses pseudo-random distribution.
- Nether Strike does not disjoint projectiles upon cast.
- Places a on the target during the cast time.
- Nether Strike instantly moves Spirit Breaker on the opposite side of the target, 54 range away from it.
based on its current level is instantly applied on the target.
- Greater Bash notes fully apply. If it is not leveled, the bash does not occur.
- The knockback distance is doubled. Bashed units are knocked back 286/304/316/324 distance, over 0.5 seconds, at a speed of 572/608/632/648.
- A is placed upon reaching the target and lasts for 0.1 seconds. The buff is responsible for the Greater Bash proc.
- Nether Strike first applies the Greater Bash debuff, the Greater Bash damage,
, and then its own damage.
- With , Spirit Breaker first gains the spell immunity before the target is affected.
- Spirit Breaker is issued an attack order on the target. This attack order ignores the auto-attack settings.
- Can be cast on , applying all its effects.
- The spell immune.
is responsible for a delay upon successfully casting Nether Strike, during which Spirit Breaker is
- However, its duration is set to 0, so it effectively does nothing.
|+4 Armor||10||+500 Night Vision|
- The night vision talent does not counter any vision reducing effect.
- This attack damage talent is added as raw attack damage.
- Does not benefit illusions and is not affected by most percentage-based damage increasing or reducing effects.
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- Reduced base strength and gain from 29 + 3.1 to 27 + 3.
- Increased mana cost from 70/80/90/100 to 100 on each level.
- now deals 1.5x damage against non-hero units.
- Old: Increases charge speed bonus by 175 and reduces cooldown to 7.
- New: Reduced spell immunity. cast time to 0.1, cooldown to 7, and makes it pierce
- Level 15 right talent changed: +10 health regen ➜ -4s cooldown.
- Level 20 left talent changed: -5.5s cooldown ➜ +200 charge speed bonus.
- Level 20 right talent changed: +12% movement speed as damage ➜ +10% proc chance.
- Level 25 right talent changed: +20% proc chance ➜ +25% movement speed as damage.
- No longer reduces cast time to 0.
- No longer delays the effects by 1.2 seconds.
- Now grants Spirit Breaker spell immunity for 2 seconds upon cast.
- helps Spirit Breaker sustain during the laning phase, preventing him from returning to base due to enemy harassment.
- restores health as well.
- is a cheap and effective way to improve Spirit Breaker's low mana pool, as well as his health pool.
- are essential for Spirit Breaker, as the improved speed will allow him to escape deadly situations, as well as catching up to an escaping enemy. The bonus movement speed will also provide additional damage because of Greater Bash.
- is a useful burst health/mana item if the enemies in lane will be casting many spells. It can later be built into a .
- aids ganking as it grants mana regeneration and healing. The damage over time can also cancel enemy healing items like and .
- give attack speed, so Spirit Breaker will have a better chance of proccing Greater Bash.
- is good for burst health/mana while providing a boost to his attributes compared to the .
- gives bonus attack speed and movement speed when activated, increasing both the damage and frequency of Greater Bash attacks.
- makes you immune to many abilities that interrupt your Charge of Darkness, allowing you to engage and damage your target unimpeded.
- will give Spirit Breaker a large increase in attack speed, as well as providing an attack speed/armor aura to nearby allies. The extra attack speed will cause Greater Bash to occur more often.
- grants you invisibility which could be useful for escape or to further increase your ganking/roaming capabilities. Attacking to break invisibility will disable enemy passives, reduce their damage, and give you a powerful 175 damage strike. It also grants a decent amount of attack speed, attack damage and attribute bonuses, it can also be used during charge before hitting your target in order to avoid getting disabled and thus avoiding breaking your charge.
- provides excellent capabilities for Spirit Breaker as it grants not only significant attack speed, but also a lightning proc and the lightning shield for teamfight presence.
- improves Charge of Darkness by greatly increasing its speed, as well as decreasing its cooldown.
- status resistance, its active ability can disarm enemy carries relying on physical attacks. will not only increase Spirit Breaker's durability because of the added evasion and
- lifesteal given by , making it a useful purchase when used correctly. grants Spirit Breaker additional attack speed and damage output at the cost of his health every second. However, the life drain can mostly be mitigated by the
- increases attacks damage and allows Spirit Breaker to hit enemies with evasion.
- increases the movement speed and attack speed of both himself and his team. The bonus movement speed and attack speed synergize well with Greater Bash.
- gives Spirit Breaker the largest single-item-slot increase in attack speed in the entire game, which causes Greater Bash to occur very frequently. Thus, it should be considered to keep it through the majority of the game until a more effective item can be purchased, at which point the Shard can be consumed and replaced - The attack speed bonus will be halved, but having a permanent 60 attack speed bonus without needing an inventory slot for it is extremely useful.
- gives you good survivability stats and mana regen to allow you to use Charge of Darkness with little need to ever return to base for more mana. Its active will also make your initiation abilities stronger as spellcasters will need to think twice before attacking to nuke you or shut you down.
|Roles:||Carry Initiator Disabler Durable Escape|
|Playstyle:||From the elemental realm, Barathrum crosses into this world as an amalgamate of bestial forms, selected for the purpose of serving his hidden master. Gifted with unusual haste, the Spirit Breaker's strength increases with speed as he Bulldozes all in his path. Given sight of a distant foe, Barathrum initiates a Charge of Darkness, rushing past high valleys and dense woods until he crashes headlong into battle, stunning and knocking back enemies with a Greater Bash. Before foes can muster a response, the Spirit Breaker shifts into his native realm, reappearing up close to deliver the Nether Strike that will seal their fates.|
- Barathrum's fun names are Roadrunner and Space-Cow, the latter of which is referenced by ▶️ "You aren't half bad, for a space cow." The line about the spirit breaker being a "Space-Cow" Is likely a reference to , one of the famously imbalanced DotA heroes, whose model was reworked into the original Spirit Breaker model. 's ally line:
- "Barathrum" means "underworld" in Latin.
- His response ▶️ "Rampage" might be a reference to who used to be his equivalent in Heroes of Newerth (most of the HoN hero abilities changed since the port)
- Charge of Darkness' indicator is the astrological sign of Taurus, the Bull.