|A ring that feeds on the souls of those who wear it.|
- The item's attributes grants the following bonuses:
- Interrupts the caster's channeling abilities upon cast.
- If the mana bonus would exceed the caster's current mana pool, its max mana pool is temporarily increased by the exceeding amount.
- At the end of the duration, the user loses any unused mana of the 150 mana bonus.
- If its maximum mana pool was increased, it goes back to normal if it was exceeded.
- Only counts actual mana used. Abilities modified by mana (e.g. ) does not count.
- The lost health is not gained back when the gained mana was unused or partly unused.
- The 170 health lost upon cast is never lethal. When casting with 170 health or less, the user's health goes down to 1.
- You can keep the bonus mana for 10 seconds so you can use the item even if you don't cast your abilities immediately to put your item on cooldown.
- Using the item each time it is ready is equivalent of having 6 mana regeneration per second, making it by far the most cost-effective mana regeneration item of the game.
- Make sure you are safe before using Soul Ring, as the reduced health can make your hero much more vulnerable.
- If your hero has low health or no means of regenerating health, consider picking up too in order to refill health after using the active a lot.
- By the same token, this item is very good on strength heroes due to their larger health pools and health regeneration rates. Heroes with increased base health regeneration rates may benefit more from this item as well.
- Against heroes with mana burning abilities, Soul Ring can give you enough mana to get an important spell off in a fight.
- Consider dropping items that increase mana capacity before using Soul Ring and picking them back up afterwards. Dropping those items decreases your mana capacity while current mana percentage remains the same, but Soul Ring still gives the full amount of mana. Picking up the items afterwards increases mana capacity while retaining the same percentage, thus resulting in a net gain of mana. As an added bonus, the extra mana gained through this method does not count as having been gained through the Soul Ring, and as such, will not be lost at the end of the duration even if unused.
- Soul Ring was the only item not allowed in The International 2013 Solo Championship.
Main Article: Soul Ring/Changelogs