|Picks off his enemies from afar.|
|With a single bullet, Kardel Sharpeye pierced the steep-stalker's central eye from the valley floor, an ominous act that resulted in his ritual exile. He would win acclaim on a field of battle, or never return. Like his mountain kin, the Sniper is one with his firearm. He Takes Aim from great distances, and scores Headshots that stop his targets dead. Armed with a modular rifle, Kardel launches incendiary rounds to rain burning Shrapnel or throwing a Grenade knocking back his enemies over entrenched positions. No enemy is safe within the range of the Sniper's scope. As he pauses to line up his cross-hairs, compensating for every variable before he Assassinates his mark in one fatal shot.|
- Sniper gets all 3 charges immediately upon learning Shrapnel.
- The talent immediately grants charges.
- Shrapnel starts dealing damage, slowing and providing vision after the effect delay.
- Provides 450 radius flying vision at the targeted area.
- The damage and the slow are both provided by an aura. Its debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- Multiple instances of the aura do not stack.
- Deals damage in 1-second intervals, starting immediately as the debuff is placed, resulting in up to 10 possible damage instances.
- Can deal up to 275/440/605/770 ( ) damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- Does not affect buildings.
- Leveling up Shrapnel immediately updates all already existing Shrapnel instances. However, the already placed debuffs on enemies do not update.
- Headshot can miss.
- The proccing attack first applies the debuffs, then its own damage.
- The damage is considered as a conditional attack damage bonus.
- Although the attack damage bonus values are not displayed in the HUD, it is still considered and directly added to Sniper's attack damage.
- The attack damage bonus values are not considered by critical strike or cleave.
- However, it is considered by lifesteal, and it can be reduced only by flat reductions (e.g. damage block).
- Since it is considered bonus attack damage, it is not affected by percentage-based attack damage bonuses or reductions.
- Adds an average of 8/20/32/44 damage to each attack.
- Has a proc chance of 100% while
- During Take Aim, it increases his attack damage output by 20/50/80/110.
- Upon proccing, Headshot knocks back the target, away from Sniper.
- Headshot uses pseudo-random distribution.
- Requires to be unlocked.
- The grenade travels at a speed of 2500 until reaching the targeted point.
- The projectile has 175 radius flying vision. This vision does not last.
- Knocks Sniper and enemies within the radius away from the targeted point at a speed of 1187.5 upon cast.
- The knockback distance is always 475, no matter how far the unit is from the center.
- Also knocks Sniper and the affected enemies 100 range upwards, resulting in a small arc.
- Can push units over impassable terrain. Destroys trees any unit come in contact with during the knockback.
- Affected enemies are fully disabled during the knockback.
- Although Sniper is affected by the knockback, he is not disabled.
- Although not mentioned in the tooltip, enemies are also disarmed, on top of being slowed.
- Concussive Grenade first applies the debuff, then the knockback, then the damage.
- Does not affect .
- The projectile travels at a speed of 2500.
- Assassinate first applies the damage, then the stun debuff.
- Although the stun duration is set to 0.01 seconds, it lasts 0.033 seconds due to the server tick rate limit.
- Assassinate places a debuff on the target as soon as Sniper begins casting.
- The debuff lasts 4 seconds, or until the projectile lands, or the cast gets canceled.
- Grants shared vision with the targeted unit. Does not provide any vision when targeting neutral creeps.
- Also, it grants True Sight over the target, meaning it cannot be canceled or be disjointed with invisibility without True Sight immunity.
- The debuff is visible to everyone. The crosshair above the target is visible to allies only.
- Can directly target invulnerable units, and does not get canceled if the target turns invulnerable during the cast time.
- The vision debuff is not placed when targeting an invulnerable unit, but stays if the unit turned invulnerable during the cast time.
- The projectile does not affect the target if it is still invulnerable on impact.
- Cannot target hidden units and gets canceled when the target turns hidden.
- Assassinate has an increased cast range buffer of 600, instead of using the default 250.
- This means once the cast animation begins, the target has to move at least 3600 range away from Sniper to be considered out of range.
- The initial weapon loading sound during the cast time is audible to Sniper only.
|+6Charges||25||+100 Attack Range|
|+24DPS||20||+28 Knockback Distance|
|-14%Slow||15||+30 Attack Speed|
Main Article: Sniper/Changelogs
- Increased damage from 320/485/650 to 320/510/700.
- Increased mana cost from 25 to 50.
- Reduced damage from 125 to 25.
- Reduced cooldown from 16 to 10.
- Increased health regeneration from 0 to 0.25.
- Increased damage per second from 20/35/50/65 to 25/40/55/70.
- No longer grants True Strike while active.
- Now sets 's proc chance to 100%, instead of increasing it by 30%.
- Increased active self movement speed slow from 25% on each level to 45%/40%/35%/30%.
- Reduced duration from 4 to 3.
- Reduced mana cost from 50 to 25.
- Reduced cooldown from 35/30/25/20 to 20/18/16/14.
- Increased enemy knockback distance from 450 to 475.
- Increased self knockback distance from 425 to 475.
- Level 10 right talent changed: 15% cooldown reduction ➜ +1s active duration.
- improves Sniper's early stats, and can be built into a later on.
- helps with Sniper's naturally low base damage, allowing him to last hit better.
- helps Sniper score last hits.
- helps Sniper stay in lane.
- not only rejuvenates Sniper, using it at the last second can save also save him from a gank.
- is useful in emergencies and gives Sniper some much-needed survivability.
- boosts Sniper's early stats, keeping him viable in his vulnerable early game stage.
- is usually picked up by supports but can be useful on Sniper to help offset his low mobility.
- helps Sniper resist harassment and gankers.
- gives Sniper the ability to switch between strength for survivability, agility for damage, and even intelligence for extra mana to use a clutch Assassinate.
- greatly improves Sniper's mid-game damage, and its debuff can be safely applied from long range on multiple enemies.
- attack range to a maximum of 1190, allowing him to shoot down opponents before they can close the gap. increases Sniper's
- greatly increases Sniper's attack speed and provides a moderate boost to his movement speed. The lifesteal is good for farming and can save Sniper in a head-to-head fight, while Silence doesn't hurt him so much. Another good choice can be for damage and survivability boost.
- summoned units like . Combined with more attack speed items, the lightning damage will trigger continuously. is excellent against groups of enemies, or heroes with numerous
- , upgraded from Dragon Lance, provides additional means of escape and/or positioning.
- gives Sniper massive damage in the late game, and lets him tear through enemies in just a few shots.
- give Sniper movement speed boost to chase enemies.
- is often picked up by beginners, as it gives Sniper a much-needed escape mechanism, as well as enabling him to position himself in team engagements. It also gives a damage boost to Sniper's first attack when cloaked.
- is a decent upgrade to , and can be useful on more offense-oriented Snipers.
- sacrifices damage for a great boost to Sniper's survivability, as well as adding a slow debuff that helps keep enemies within Sniper's range.
- is a natural progression from , but is sometimes skipped in favor of other direct damage boosting items.
- evasion. However, it provides no defensive boosts and can be quite expensive. grants a great increase in damage, and is usually necessary to deal with
- evasion and armor give him considerably more survivability against opposing carries. is a costly but useful item if Sniper is struggling against physical carries. The attack speed and damage boosts Sniper's combat capabilities a little, while the
- status resistance. It also provides more movement speed to help in chasing or kiting enemies. boosts survivability with bonuses to strength and
- A number of Sniper's lines are either direct quotations or paraphrases of lines used by the Sniper class in Team Fortress 2, a popular class-based shooter also by Valve. Such phrases include:
- One of Sniper's lines while bottling a rune is ▶️ "Jarate!", which is a reference to Team Fortress 2 in-game weapon for Sniper class, Jarate.
- One of Sniper's lines while casting his ultimate is ▶️ "Boom headshot!", which is a reference to the Pure Pwnage mockumentary series.
- Incidentally, his voice actor, Gary Schwartz, also voices the Heavy Weapons Guy and Demoman in Team Fortress 2.
- Sniper's line, "▶️ Inconceivable!" is likely a reference to Vizzini's catchphrase in the film The Princess Bride due to the similarities in both the appearance and voices of the two.
- Sniper's name, Kardel Sharpeye, is a reference to professional Counter-Strike player Kyle "Ksharp" Miller of team 3D, who is regarded for his skillful AWP (Sniper rifle) use.
- Sniper's fun name in DotA was Vasily Zaitsev, a highly skilled Russian sniper who was active during World War 2.
- Sniper's line, "▶️ What a dum-dum!" is a pun on the Expanding bullet, also known as a dum-dum. It is designed to expand on impact in order to limit penetration and create a wound larger in diameter.
- Sniper's line, "▶️ Oh, a few bullets more!" is a reference to the film For a Few Dollars More.