Beatrix Snapfire is a keen, living in the desert regions near the Outlands. Known as Beadie to her friends, she rides across the dry lands on Mortimer, her trusty dragon toad. Once a member of a gang, Beatrix spent her youth committing unsavory acts, but has since left to live on her own. With a natural knack for smithing, she arms herself with an array of weapons, keeping Ol' Rackatee, her trusty shotgun, by her side at all times. Aside from weaponsmithing, Beatrix delights in baking cookies, though she never shares her secret recipe.
Departure & Outlands
In her youth, Beatrix caused great problems among the keen she lived with, resulting in a grudge with others like Kardel and Rattletrap. She ran off on a small adventure, planning to return after a few months. But her escapade turned into several years, and she was forced to flee into the Dread Marsh over a misunderstanding, to escape from her pursuers. After she made it out of the marsh, she decided not to return home, having already gone too far. 
Arriving at the outlands, she found herself desperate and alone, and resorted to manufacturing weapons for sale to the outlaws of the area. Her expertise in weaponsmithing made her wares highly valuable. This activity soon led her to join a gang. The gang lasted for many years, during which Beatrix continue to supply arms to unsavory characters. She no longer talks much about those days.
During her time with the gang, Beatrix found a baby dragon toad, no bigger than her hand. As a joke, she named him Mortimer. Her gang joked that she was his mother, and the group seriously considered eating Mortimer when it grew up.
Beatrix grew fond of Mortimer, and when she left the gang, he went with her. She expects him to outlive her, and find a new partner in the future.
Upon returning to her hometown, Beatrix found that her sister, who had originally settled in the Vale of Augury, had passed away while she was gone. Shes notes that her sister's son, Rizzrack, is still around, but somewhat traumatized. The older keen still remember the things she did as a youth, and are still afraid of her. Seeing this, Beatrix is unsure of how long she will stay in her old hometown.
Beatrix has an antagonistic relationship with Kardel and Rattletrap due to unspecified deeds she committed in her youth. However, she owns a watch made by Rattletrap's grandfather. She is friends with at least one keen, Boush, having collaborated on something many years ago.
Beatrix's primary occupation is making black powder, along with firearms, because she wants the quality of her weapons to match that of her powder. She once sold her weapons to any buyer, but is more selective these days.
There came a time when she did not want to make weapons anymore, and took up baking instead. Her battle cookies are her favorite, and she gives them out to those she likes. The recipe is secret, although she hints that it includes things used in her 'other talents'. She teases others with misleading hints regarding the secret ingredient, although it is sometimes assumed to be black powder. Aside from her regular cookies, Beatrix has also been known to make snickerdoodles and crumble pie.
Before going to bed, Beatrix enjoys a glass of brandy.
Ol' Rackatee, Beatrix's weapon
- Scatterblast description.
- [[Firesnap Cookie] description.
- Snapfire introduction video
- Snapfire response: ▶️ Never had a brood myself...
- Snapfire response: ▶️ Oh, I eventually made it back for a visit with my sisters and their respective broods, but I was changed by then.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ Papa taught me how to fish from a young age: with dynamite!
- Snapfire response: ▶️ I know a lot your kin were hacked off with me. They still hold a grudge?
- Snapfire response: ▶️ Anyway, by the time I made it through the marsh and lost those in pursuit, it seemed easier to keep going than to turn back. So I did.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ Never saw any other folk like myself. There were some with similarities, but they didn't have much knack for tinkering.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ Course, lacking convictions while simultaneously manufacturing weapons of mass murder is a purty good way to find yourself in cahoots with a bad bunch.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ I wasn't needlessly cruel, but I did get my hands dirty. And I supplied armaments to folks who caused real harm.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ While I'm sure there's something to learn from it, most days I feel the less said about those days, the better.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ Heck, it was more of a joke n' anything. Even givin him a name -- Mortimer! Just a little nugget in my hand.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ Sure, we all joshed I was his mammy, but I really thought we were gonna eat him when he got a little bigger. Which he did, rapidly.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ But I know he'll find someone else when I'm gone -- who needs his help just as much as I did.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ My sister passed while I was away. Time'll get away from ya if you're not careful.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ Her little snipper's still runnin' around, but he's... had a hard time of it.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ I see some of the old keen around a bit--the ones that survived. But they're still scared of me like back in the day.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ Anywho, I don't know how long I'll stick around.
- Timbersaw response: ▶️ I don't know if you've heard, but she's back. Don't risk talking to her and you'll be fine.
- Timbersaw response: ▶️ Snap another layer of plate on your armor, granny's back!
- Snapfire response: ▶️ I still carry one of your grandfather's timepieces. Quality workmanship!
- Snapfire response: ▶️ Always hate to lose a friend!
- Snapfire response: ▶️ Could you imagine it? All those years ago, coming to this?
- Snapfire response: ▶️ Scourge? Is that you?! Oh, we had some times!
- Snapfire response: ▶️ I've met your kind before, Troll. I try to be nice, but it always ends the same.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ I once crossed paths with a fella claimed to serve a hidden master. Maybe your predecessor?
- Snapfire response: ▶️ I only really started making guns to ensure the quality of the smithing matched the quality of my pretty black dust.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ At first I'd sell to anyone buying. Principles don't get you out of a tight spot--and I sure was in one after crossin the marsh.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ I even found a way to apply some of my previous talents in whipping up an effective new recipe.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ But ride with me long enough and you might sample the odd snickerdoodle or taste some crumble pie.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ I'll take a good brandy before bed, but a drink in battle'll always be your last.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ Got any pulps in there, Warlock? Good way to pass the time.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ Oh, I just love your poetry, Auroth. Do one about Mortimer.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ Never had much use for religion. But you pray all you like.
- Snapfire response: ▶️ I been to Jidi once. Wouldn't mind going back there...