|A feared weapon in the right hands, this maul's ability to shatter the defenses of its opponents should not be underestimated.|
- The item's attributes grants the following bonuses:
- Does not stack with the bash of Skull Bashers and other
- Does not stack with , and either. If any of these are present, Bash cannot proc.
- For multiple items with the bash ability, only the one that has been continuously the longest in the inventory works.
- The proccing attack first applies the debuff, then the damage.
- The bonus damage is considered as a conditional attack damage bonus.
- Although the attack damage bonus values are not displayed in the HUD, it is still considered and directly added to the wielder's attack damage.
- The attack damage bonus values are not considered by critical strike and cleave.
- However, it is considered by lifesteal, and it can be reduced only by flat reductions (e.g. damage block).
- Since it is considered bonus attack damage, it is not affected by percentage-based attack damage bonuses or reductions.
- Bash uses pseudo-random distribution.
- Since the is a chance based ability, buying attack speed granting items increases the odds of a bash proccing. However, the effectiveness stops at a certain amount of attack speed due to the cooldown has.
- The spell immunity. When not having other spell immunity piercing spells in the team, a Skull Basher is a great purchase as it can help greatly against heroes with spell immunity, especially those who get a in order to cancel their channeling spell. goes through
- Despite having a much lower chance to proc for ranged heroes, it still has a decent chance. When coupled with high attack speed, a Skull Basher on ranged heroes can be very viable, especially for heroes who have attack speed boosting abilities like .
- In the original DotA, this item was called "Cranium Basher", a reference to a unique item in Diablo 2.
Main Article: Skull Basher/Changelogs