|Once used to slay an unjust king, only to have the kingdom erupt into civil war in the aftermath.|
- The attack out of Silver Edge's Shadow Walk cannot miss.
- Does not interrupt the caster's channeling abilities upon cast.
- The bonus damage is considered as a conditional attack damage bonus.
- Although the attack damage bonus values are not displayed in the HUD, it is still considered and directly added to the caster's attack damage.
- The attack damage bonus values are not considered by critical strike.
- However, it is considered by lifesteal and cleave, and it can be reduced only by flat reductions (e.g. damage block).
- Since it is considered bonus attack damage, it is not affected by percentage-based attack damage bonuses or reductions.
- During the fade time, the unit can still cast abilities, use items and perform attacks.
- Unlike , Silver Edge does not apply the damage if an attack hits during the fade time.
- While invisible, the unit can turn and pick up or drop items without breaking the invisibility. The unit is also phased, meaning other units can walk through it without getting blocked.
- Applies a break on the target when attacking from invisibility, disabling passive abilities.
- Places the debuff before the attack damage is applied, but still relies on the attack (or projectile) to hit.
- The invisibility is lost upon reaching the cast point of abilities, or upon finishing an attack (for ranged heroes upon projectile launch).
- This means when the attack misses, the invisibility is still lost.
- Shares cooldown with .
- Increases attack damage by an average of 18%.
- The proc chances of multiple critical strike sources stack.
- If two sources of critical strike proc at the same time, the higher multiplier has priority.
- Critical Strike uses pseudo-random distribution.
Heroes who considers Silver Edge as a core item:
Heroes who lack mobility benefits from Silver Edge:
- Be aware that the Break mechanic has no effect on your opponents' items. If they have a or , for example, they will still receive the full benefits of these items.
- Consider purchasing this item if the enemy has troubling passives such as , , , , and .
- Remember that abilities using stacks (such as , and ) are only prevented from gaining or placing new stacks. If the target already has existing stacks (on themselves or on their target), their passive can still function until the stacks expire (such as Reactive Armor's regeneration/armor and Fury Swipes' additional damage).
Main Article: Silver Edge/Changelogs