Presence of the Dark Lord (Pre 6.06)
- This ability got reworked into the current in the 6.06 gameplay patch.
- The debuff lingers for 2-4 seconds.
Dark Flames (Pre 6.09)
- This ability was replaced by 6.09 gameplay patch. in the
- Upon learning, 6 fire balls are summoned instantly around Shadow Fiend, forming a 100 radius circle. The distances between the balls are even.
- The balls spin around Shadow Fiend counter-clock wise and complete a revolution every 2 seconds regardless of their distance to Shadow Fiend.
- This means their angular velocity is constant, meaning that the balls move faster when further away from Shadow Fiend.
- Does not interrupt Shadow Fiend's channeling spells upon toggling.
- When toggling on, the balls start moving away from Shadow Fiend, up to 700 range away, and then start returning to him to a minimum of 100 range.
- This repeats until the ability is toggled off, or when Shadow Fiend dies.
- The balls move at a constant speed of 140, away and towards Shadow Fiend. It takes 5 seconds for them to reach max/min distance.
- Every enemy unit who comes within 100 range of a ball gets damaged. The damage intervals are twice as long on heroes as they are on non-heroes.
- However, the damage per instance is same. This means it effectively deals twice as much damage to non-heroes.
- The damage radius of every orb fully stack, meaning if a unit is within range of for example 3 orbs, it will take damage from 3 orbs.
- Upon death, the balls disappear until respawning. However, they do not disappear when being revived by an .
- Though illusions have fully functional Dark Flames, Shadow Fiend was disallowed to own a Illusion Rune did not exist back then). (the