Razor, the Lightning Revenant, is a ranged agility hero who works as a position-based tank/carry that employs his abilities to deal massive damage in a relatively short amount of time, chase down the fleeing injured with his speed, and inflict debuffs on more powerful foes. Razor prefers to keep his position or kite his enemies allowing his spells to unleash its full potential. Known for being a speedy and a great anti-carry hero, Razor specializes in using his opponent's own powers against them, draining them of their damage and using it to smite them, as well as damaging and slowing targets that focus their abilities on him. His ultimate, Eye of the Storm, further enhances his carry-killing powers by inflicting constant, armor-shattering, lightning strikes on the foe with the lowest health within a radius. For those who rely on their pure brute force alone to fight, there is truly no escape from the Underscape.
- Plasma Field interrupts Razor's channeling abilities upon cast.
- Plasma Field expands and retracts at a speed of 636, taking a total of 2.2 seconds to fully expand and retract.
- Plasma Field is centered on Razor for the full duration.
- Provides 700 radius flying vision during the 2.2-second effect, following Razor and leaving a trail of vision which lasts 2 seconds.
- Plasma Field's effect area is a 100 range wide annulus, a ring shape.
- The ring starts 105 range away from Razor and expands for up to 700 range, reaching a total distance of 805.
- Together with the damage width, it can hit units up to 905 range away.
- The visual effect starts at Razor's location and expands for the same distance.
- This means the visual effect is 105 range behind the damaging ring, and not centered on it.
- The damage and slow are applied upon expanding and upon retracting, so each enemy can be hit twice. The slow debuff fully stacks.
- This means it can deal up to 70/80/90/100 - 160/230/300/370 damage and slow for up to 10% - 50%/60%/70%/80% movement speed.
- The slow and damage values are based on how far the ring traveled, reaching max values at 805 range.
- 105 Distance: 35/40/45/50 damage and 5%/5%/5%/5% movement speed slow.
- 205 Distance: 41/51/60/69 damage and 8%/9%/9%/10% movement speed slow.
- 305 Distance: 48/61/75/89 damage and 11%/12%/14%/15% movement speed slow.
- 405 Distance: 54/72/90/108 damage and 14%/16%/18%/20% movement speed slow.
- 505 Distance: 61/83/105/127 damage and 16%/19%/22%/25% movement speed slow.
- 605 Distance: 67/94/120/146 damage and 19%/23%/26%/30% movement speed slow.
- 705 Distance: 74/104/135/166 damage and 22%/26%/31%/35% movement speed slow.
- 805 Distance: 80/115/150/185 damage and 25%/30%/35%/40% movement speed slow.
- 905 Distance: 80/115/150/185 damage and 25%/30%/35%/40% movement speed slow.
- Static Link is broken when either unit dies or the link gets stretched more than 800 range. Nothing else can break the link.
- The distance between Razor and the target is checked right before each damage steal interval. If the distance is greater upon check, the link breaks.
- Since the link uses the ability's cast range, cast range increasing effects increase the link break distance as well.
- Static Link provides shared vision over the target while draining.
- Static Link keeps stealing damage even if the target's damage has reached 0.
- Drains 1.75/3/4.25/5.5 ( ) damage in 0.25-second intervals, starting 0.25 seconds after cast, resulting in 20/24/28/32 instances.
- Static Link orders Razor to attack the target upon cast, and upon each move order.
- Allows Razor to move while attacking the Static Link target.
- To not attack the target while moving, a unit-targeted order, or a ground-targeted order that is not a move or attack order must be given to Razor.
- Multiple casts of Static Link stack with each other, each cast placing its own debuff on the target and buff on Razor.
- However, the does not stack. It disappears as soon as the first link ends.
- Only the oldest linked target may be attacked while moving.
- With missed attacks.
, can only proc when an enemy unit lands an attack on Razor, regardless of distance. This means it cannot proc on
- Does not proc on attacks from buildings and wards.
- Can be procced by allied attacks. Doing so hits the proccing ally, but it still chooses enemies as secondary targets.
- Also triggers on every single-target ability that is cast on Razor, including ground-targeted abilities with unit-targeting option.
- This means it neither follows the Spell Reflection list, nor the Spell Block list. Projectile-based abilities trigger it on launch, not on impact.
- Storm Surge's effect is applied after the triggering ability takes effect.
- This means when the casting unit has low enough health to die to it, the triggering ability still takes effect.
- The search radius is centered around the triggering unit, not around Razor.
- Storm Surge first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- Storm Surge's proc chance uses pseudo-random distribution.
- Interrupts Razor's channeling abilities upon cast.
- Eye of the Storm always targets the unit with the lowest current health within the radius first.
- If there are multiple units with the same lowest health in range, Eye of the Storm chooses between them randomly.
- The storm prioritizes enemies which have the on them, striking them over any other unit when within range, regardless of health values.
- When there are multiple enemies with the within the radius, the storm chooses between them randomly on each strike.
- The strikes are neither regular attacks nor instant attacks, so they fully ignore effects such as evasion and Damage Block.
- This also means that they cannot trigger the on-attack effects of , and or break enemy .
- The strikes first deal their damage and then apply the armor reduction.
- The armor reduction debuff on units lasts as long as the storm, or until Razor dies.
- Eye of the Storm can strike up to 42/50/60 ( ) times and deal up to 2520/3750/5400 ( ) damage per target (before reductions).
- When Razor turns invisible, Eye of the Storm and its strike turn invisible as well, but still strike nearby enemies without them seeing or hearing them.
- Eye of the Storm immediately ends when Razor dies.
- With buildings, only the damage is applied.
, does not reduce the armor of
- Prioritizes units over buildings and fully ignores filler buildings.
- It also allows it to strike targets at the same time on each interval.
- An enemy may only be hit by one strike at a time, so a lone target is not hit multiple times per instance.
- This also goes for the level 25 talent, which allows it to strike targets as well, or , together with Aghanim's Scepter.
|+1Target||25||+80 Attack Speed|
|-0.1Strike Interval||20||+8 Armor|
|+14 Strength||15||+5Damage Steal|
|+9 Agility||10||+175 Health|
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- Increased base movement speed from 285 to 290.
- Increased base health regeneration from 0 to 1.
- Increased minimum damage from 15/25/35/45 to 35/40/45/50.
upgrade for :
- Grants a 18% chance to release forked lightning when getting attacked, hitting the target and up to 2 other enemies with 120 damage, and slowing their movement speed by 50% for 1.5 seconds. Forked lightning always triggers when getting targeted by a spell.
- adds to Razor's already decent starting attributes.
- helps Razor stay in lane with health regeneration.
- can save Razor by restoring his health.
- may keep Razor alive with burst health.
- gives burst mana so Razor can use Plasma Field to finish off his enemies in the early game.
- can help Razor get off an extra Plasma Field.
- , combined with Storm Surge, make Razor one of the fastest heroes in the early game.
- helps with regeneration if Razor is playing in mid, as his superior movement speed helps him reach runes faster.
- grants attributes and more charges to restore health and mana.
- allow Razor to catch up to enemies and keep them within range of Static Link and Eye of the Storm.
- enhances attributes, attack speed, and movement speed.
- rooting the enemies to keep them in range of Static Link and Eye of the Storm. adds attributes, as well as
- provides many bonuses including movement speed and status resistance, helping Razor keep enemies within range of his abilities.
- spell immunity negates numerous disables, allowing Razor to keep up with enemies. 's
- 's evasion make Razor more difficult for enemy carries to take down, so he can live and drain more damage.
- upgrades Eye of the Storm's damage output by striking two targets at once, as well as helping Razor take down buildings faster.
- magic resistance, magical damage absorption, and health regeneration. protects Razor against magical damage with
- channeling like Town Portal Scroll. 's Cyclone holds target in place so Razor can continue to drain their damage. Furthermore, it increases movement speed so Razor can keep the enemies within range, as well as providing a way to interrupt
- helps Razor last longer in lane, increases his attack speed, and allows him to dominate a creep to scout, use its abilities, or attack.
- deters enemies from attacking, letting Razor stay alive longer when using Static Link and Eye of the Storm.
- allows Razor to use and pursue enemies with Static Link and Eye of the Storm with invisibility. Enemies cannot hear or see the sounds and visual effects from his abilities, but they will still do damage.
- increases Razor's attack range and attributes, as well as giving him a tool to escape or position himself.
- increases defense with armor and aura that decreases enemy attack speed. The active ability slows enemy movement speed to keep them within abilities' ranges of Razor.
- 's armor reduction works well with Eye of the Storm. It also provides attack speed and armor aura to keep Razor and teammates alive.
- gives a sizeable amount of health and attributes, as well as a slow to keep enemies in range.
- gives Razor durability with strength and health, helping him stay alive and keep Eye of the Storm active for as long as possible.
- allows Razor to keep two instances of Eye of the Storm active at the same time, dealing heavy damage and armor reduction. Combined with , Eye of the Storm can hit buildings twice as often.
|Roles:||Carry Durable Nuker Pusher|
|Playstyle:||The whip that ushers the dead through the Narrow Maze brings just as much pain on the battlefield. The Lightning Revenant radiates a Plasma Field that shocks nearby foes, once upon expansion, and again upon contraction. He connects to enemy heroes with a Static Link, transferring their power to his own reserves. Charged by a Storm Surge, Razor hovers effortlessly off the ground, and sends jolts of electricity to those who dare come too close. In the Eye of the Storm, one finds Razor, watching and delighting in his work as bolts of lightning reduce his foes to charred remains.|
- Razor's alternate/fun name was Gillette, which is also the name of a reputable brand of shaving razors.
- Razor's attack response ▶️ "Ride the Lightning!" is also the name of a Metallica's album and song (which references execution via electric chair).
- Razor's response upon picking the ▶️ "There is a lightning that never goes out." is a reference to a song "There is a light that never goes out" by The Smiths.
- Razor's response ▶️ "Conduct me where you will." is also a line said by Scrooge in A Christmas Carol.