- provides constant sight and speed to Bloodseeker, allows him to catch up a fleeing Pangolier through all of his mobility.
- is a great threat to Pangolier, causing him to take heavy damage if he uses Swashbuckle and especially Rolling Thunder, forcing him to stop his ultimate prematurely, or keep rolling to his death.
- When Swashbuckle hits Centaur Warrunner, will deal significant damage, as it procs off every strike made.
- helps allies avoid or disengage from Pangolier during Rolling Thunder, as well as neutralizing the slow debuff from Lucky Shot.
- 's large obstacle denies Pangolier the room to roll around during teamfights, as well as wasting his ultimate's duration.
- ignores spell immunity, forcing Pangolier to roll in place during his ultimate as well as anchoring the other victim to his vicinity.
- will keep attacking Pangolier even when he is rolling around.
- stuns Pangolier during Rolling Thunder, or forces him to roll away.
- protects an ally for much of Rolling Thunder's duration, especially at the lower levels. As Rolling Thunder has a considerable cast animation, an Outworld Destroyer with can initiate on him and destroy his timing.
- and provides great mobility, allowing Puck to catch up Pangolier when he is attempting to disengage with his own skills.
- silence to Pangolier, disabling half of his arsenal and also piercing his spell immunity during Rolling Thunder. Also Dream Coil's very long duration will make Pangolier wasting his entire ultimate rolling in place. 's leash act almost as a literal
- disarm effect from Lucky Shot. easily purges away both slow and
- With now applying leash to the target, Pangolier is helpless against Slark since both his Swashbuckle and Rolling Thunder will be disabled. Pounce also help Slark to easily escape from Rolling Thunder.
- can be used to chase down Pangolier if he escapes with Swashbuckle or Rolling Thunder.
- ignores Rolling Thunder's spell immunity, and will still hit Pangolier if he rolls or dashes away.
- can easily interfere with Rolling Thunder, making him stuck inside the arc and wasting his ultimate. Do not panic and use Shield Crash to get out of that position.
- helps Tusk and his allies follow a fleeing Pangolier, keep in mind that the Pangolier can always counter-initiate with his Rolling Thunder.
- deals heavy damage even during his Rolling Thunder.
- Heroes with powerful rooting abilities will disable most of Pangolier's skills, a bonus point if it pierces spell immunity since it will also be able to stop Pangolier during his Rolling Thunder: , , , , ,
- Heroes with considerable mobility can easily escape from a rolling Pangolier: , , , , , , moreover, if a player is familiar with how Rolling Thunder works, they can adjust their movement to avoid it entirely and of course outplay the Pangolier player.
- Heroes with other kind of disables that pierce spell immunity can hold Pangolier in place during Rolling Thunder: , , , , , , ,
- Certain heroes can mess up with Pangolier's positioning and timing (especially if he intends to use Rolling Thunder during combat): , , ,
- Powerful physical hitters that can destroy Pangolier during his rolling from afar: , , ,
- negates the damage from Shield Crash and Rolling Thunder.
- 's bash goes through Rolling Thunder's spell immunity as well as a built-in Blink to catch up with an escaping Pangolier.
- helps heroes avoid Pangolier during Rolling Thunder, wasting part of its duration.
- pushes heroes out of Rolling Thunder's path.
- roots Pangolier from afar, disabling most of his escaping mechanism.
- Rolling Thunder hits Arc Warden, his and any allies through .
- Rolling Thunder also causes Pangolier to take no damage from existing stacks of as well as clear all s on the way.
- Swashbuckle and Shield Crash quickly destroys Broodmother's spiderlings and spiderites.
- Lucky Shot's disarm is very valuable when dealing with a Broodmother during her .
- Swashbuckle can be used to disarm Legion Commander while she is Dueling an ally, granting her opponent a considerable advantage, Lucky Shot lasts 4 seconds at most wasting Legion Commander's entire Duel, (Or half, if Legion Commander has the Scepter).
- Legion Commander will try not to duel Pangolier alone, as she will almost inevitably lose, thanks to Lucky Shot's disarm, If Legion Commander wants to duel a Pangolier, she must be with atleast a teammate, and if she has her scepter, 3 or 4 teammates.
- Legion Commander is often with her allies, allowing you to rack up some considerable damage resistance with Shield Crash.
- Pangolier's Lucky Shot disarms her if it procs, making useless.
- Swashbuckle will easily burn away Marci's already low mana pool with , an item commonly built on Pangolier.
- Swashbuckle's cooldown is shorter than , making it easy for Pangolier to outmaneuver her.
- Marci will get stunned if she tries to use while Pangolier is using Rolling Thunder, somewhat hindering her mobility in teamfights.
- Shield Crash gains its damage reduction bonus from all Meepo clones, and can be used even when rooted, allowing Pangolier to gain a massive amount of damage reduction (even more than 100%).
- With too many clone running around during combat, it is almost impossible for Meepo to avoid Rolling Thunder or Swashbuckle.
- Still, remember that a lone Pangolier can never escape from a ganking Meepo.
- Pangolier's skill has considerable damage and area of effect, allows him to quickly destroy Phantom Lancer's illusions.
- Pangolier's high mobility allows him to easily escape from Phantom Lancer, through both Phantom Rush and .
- will cause Phantom Lancer to be stunned by Rolling Thunder, or set himself up for a Shield Crash.
- Swashbuckle quickly burns away charges.
- Lucky Shot can possibly disrupt Templar Assassin when she is boosted with Refraction.
- Pangolier's abilities which does not need to target and has big area of effect allows him to damage her even during .
- Pangolier's high mobility easily shrug off the slow from .
- Pangolier's high mobility allows Pangolier to escape from Visage's ganking attempt. Keep in mind that his familiars can easily interfere with your ultimate during casting time if they are able to scout your position.
- Swashbuckle quickly burn away charges.
- Heroes who rely on channeling abilities can be interrupted in teamfights by Rolling Thunder: , ,
- Heroes who have summons, which can be quickly cleared by his powerful area of effect skill: , ,
- Heroes who are illusion based, or even heroes who frequently build Manta Style can be cleared quickly by Pangolier's high damage, or lose their damage ouput because of Lucky Shot: ,
- Heroes who rely on skills to become a heavy hitter in a certain amount of time can waste their timing because of a lucky Lucky Shot's disarm: , , , , , ,
Works well with...
- gives Pangolier extra burst damage when rolling into fights, as well as dispel some nasty disables that pierce through magic immunity.
- 's forced movement can be used to drag a foe into Rolling Thunder, hitting and stunning them repeatedly.
- slows enemies turn rate, preventing them from moving out of Rolling Thunder's path.
- can push fleeing foes back into Rolling Thunder's path, or if careful aimed, cause a second hit.
- Any enemy caught within is vulnerable to several consecutive stuns of Rolling Thunder.
- A good is a perfect set up to follow with a large Rolling Thunder + Shield Crash combo.
- add more dps to Rolling Thunder + Shield Crash combo.
- Rolling Thunder adds to the chaos created by Earth Spirit's stuns, and knocks d enemies into s.
- Swashbuckle can quickly finish off d enemies.
- Rolling Thunder knocks enemies into Jakiro's linear AoE abilities. On the other hand, a Pangolier can roll straight through a good to add more disabling time on top of a burning .
- can push enemies into Rolling Thunder's path.
- and Rolling Thunder can become a deadly combo that prevent enemy from escaping from both abilites.
- synergizes with Rolling Thunder and Shield Crash, keeping targets within range of both abilities.
- Heroes with large AoE disables can set up a good spot for Pangolier to roll in, adding more disabling time: , , , , bonus point for ,
- Heroes with large AoE abilities can add to and take advantage of the chaotic fray caused by Rolling Thunder: , , , , , , ,
- Heavy damage dealers that can take advantage from the chaos caused by Rolling Thunder to keep dealing damage without much worry about the surrounding combat: , , , ,
- Heroes who can create barriers for Rolling Thunder to bounce against: ,