Harbinger, the Outworld Destroyer, is a ranged intelligence hero who qualifies as a carry, though unlike traditional carries, he excels against high-armor targets whilst being crippled by spell immunity. With Arcane Orb, his damage output is reliant on his intelligence attribute and the size of his mana pool, so he must focus more or less exclusively on items which augment them. Though he lacks somewhat in range and has no innate mobility skills, Arcane Orb deals Pure damage, meaning that if he gains an advantage in a match he deals constant, colossal damage which cannot be decreased or resisted except with total spell immunity and gets stronger with each hit. He enjoys more-or-less unlimited mana because of his Essence Flux. With Astral Imprisonment, Harbinger can render himself or an ally invulnerable for a short period of time, or disable the target enemy. His ultimate, Sanity's Eclipse, can instantly deal colossal area-of-effect damage against his enemies based on how much greater his mana pool is than theirs.
- The cast range of Arcane Orb is based on the attack range of the caster.
- The cast range can be further increased by other attack range bonuses. However, it is not affected by cast range bonuses.
- Both Autocast and manually casting it uses Outworld Destroyer's current attack range.
- The bonus damage is dealt in a separate damage instance, and counts as spell damage.
- Deals its damage before the attack damage is applied, but still depends on the attack hitting the target.
- Checks Outworld Destroyer's mana pool upon projectile hit, so increasing or decreasing his mana pool while the projectile flies does affect its damage.
- Astral Imprisonment fully disables the target and turns it invulnerable and hidden for its duration.
- Targeted allies are imprisoned without any of the other effects being applied on them.
- If the target is an enemy, they get damaged at the end of the imprisonment duration.
- If the target is an enemy hero (including illusions and clones, excluding creep-heroes), they also get a portion of their maximum mana stolen.
- Only reduces the target's maximum mana value. Their current mana value stays unchanged.
- This also goes for when the target gains their mana back. Only their max mana value is increased, the current mana value stays unchanged.
- This also goes for Outworld Destroyer. Only his max mana gets changed, with current mana staying the same.
- Outworld Destroyer gains a status buff that shows how much mana he currently acquired with Astral Imprisonment.
- The target also gains a status debuff that shows how much mana they are currently missing.
- The red ring expanding at the center of the visual effects indicates a fixed 4-second duration. The red ring is visible to allies only.
- With , the area damage is applied at the end of the imprisonment duration regardless of the target's alliance.
- Restores mana after other abilities are cast.
- Does not proc on any item abilities.
- Essence Flux uses pseudo-random distribution.
- On average, restores 9%/12%/15%/18% of caster's maximum mana per cast.
|30% Spell Lifesteal||25||+2%Damage|
|+0.15Mana Difference Multiplier||20||+20 Strength|
|+30 Movement Speed||15||+250 Mana|
|+20 Attack Speed||10||+200 Health|
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- The mana talent increases maximum mana capacity, and keeps the current mana percentage.
- Increased mana restore from 20%/30%/40%/50% to 30%/40%/50%/60%.
- Level 10 left talent: +15 attack speed increased to +20.
- can now be cast on .
- Old: Adds an active component to , that causes it to swap Outworld Destroyer's current health and mana pools. Has a 0.75-second cast time and a cooldown of 45 seconds.
- New: Increases silenced, muted, disarmed, invulnerable, and untargetable during it. max mana steal by 5%, and allows targeted allies to move during it, with 40% reduced movement speed. Allies are visible,
- Increased turn rate from 0.5 to 0.6.
- Increased cast time from 0.25 to 0.3.
- No longer increases cast range by 150.
- Now causes it to deal damage within a 400 radius.
- Now also increases damage by 140.
- Now has a 0.75-second cast time, instead of a 1.5-second channeling time.
- Increased health/mana transfer from 75% to 100%.
- provides cheap attributes for a mid hero with low base damage. Outworld Destroyer may consider a second Null Talisman later on to boost his intelligence for cheap, giving him an edge in the laning stage.
- gives a little bit of extra damage, and can be consumed to turn the tide in a close fight.
- restores health to stay in lane.
- restores health more quickly than Tangoes while being slightly less cost efficient, however it is better to buy a Salve if you are forced out of last hit range due to spam damage.
- gives cheap attributes, and Outworld Destroyer can use it with Tango to receive more heal.
- make Outworld Destroyer run faster, which is important in middle lane.
- gives attributes and sustainability.
- is a cheap and cost effective item that gives Outworld Destroyer stats across the board, and greatly helps your teamfight potential. Typically, if you plan to farm more before fighting, pick up a Hand of Midas instead, but if you plan to teamfight early, Drum can be amazing.
- allow you to heal quickly between skirmishes, as you effectively have infinite mana and hp. He also has an outstanding base move speed, a move speed talent, and his default build includes Yasha and Kaya, allowing you to move extremely quickly with Tranquils active. Consider swapping to a different pair of boots late game.
- provide exactly the stats Outworld Destroyer needs, allowing him to move ridiculously fast, attack faster, and have more armor. Sange and Kaya may be considered if the enemy lineup consists of mainly spellcasters, but even then Yasha and Kaya is more attractive.
- provides an escape mechanism as well as good attributes and upgrades later into Hurricane Pike.
- increases his mobility, allowing Outworld Destroyer to blink and escape after a self-cast Astral Imprisonment.
- active is guaranteed by Astral Imprisonment, provided you are not otherwise stunned. This grants extra damage and two seconds of stun to land arcane orbs.
- gives attack range and attributes. The active allows Outworld Destroyer to position, as well as increasing his attack speed for a number of attacks.
- protects against most disables and nukes, buying Outworld Destroyer the time to stack intelligence and use his ultimate more effectively.
- provides him with both additional intelligence and a hex, giving him more time to deal damage with Arcane Orb.
- provides attributes, health, and mana boosts. Extra Astral Imprisonment charges and its range improvement provides an additional disable.
- lets Outworld Destroyer scale better, although it may hamper some of your early game power.
- gives attack speed and intelligence to use more Arcane Orbs. Can be considered as an alternative to Tranquil Boots.
- will give him more armor for survivability, as well as more intelligence. The slow also helps him either chase, or escape.
- can be considered as an alternative to Black King Bar if you find yourself heavily focused by single target abilities.
- gives the most mana in a single item, and allows you to steal more mana by spamming Astral imprisonment. It also increase damages and allows Sanity Eclipse to be used more frequently.
- gives a high attack speed boost, allowing him to deal more damage in battles.
- root against a single target. will provide him with additional health and intelligence, as well as the ability to
- silence that also amplifies his damage for the time period. Also builds later into . gives him even more intelligence and attack speed, and also gives him a
- is one of the strongest late-game items on Outworld Destroyer, as it allows Sanity's Eclipse, as well as items like Black King Bar and Scythe of Vyse to be used twice, which can be devastating in teamfights.
- provide a large amount of Mana, greatly increase damage output of Sanity's Eclipse, and allows you to turn your massive max mana, and mana regaining capabilities into HP Regeneration for a short time, often bringing you up to full or near-full HP.
|Roles:||Carry Nuker Disabler|
|Playstyle:||Wary of the happenings near the central sun, Harbinger departs from his vigil to take his place on the plains of war. The Outworld Destroyer creates an Essence Flux, balancing the tides of mana between him and his opponents. Any being may be placed in Astral Imprisonment, strategically removing them from the field. Glowing spheres fly from his staff, Arcane Orbs that permeate any shield. Looming above his enemies, the Outworld Destroyer drops the proverbial hammer, extinguishing the unenlightened with the cosmic force of Sanity's Eclipse.|
- Outworld Destroyer was originally called "Obsidian Destroyer" in DotA. Obsidian Destroyer was based on two units in Warcraft III: Frozen Throne; the Obsidian Statue, and its alternate form, the Destroyer.
- Outworld Destroyer was originally added to Dota 2 with his current name, but was changed to "Outworld Demolisher" before the patch left the Test Client. However, due to community outcry, it was changed to "Outworld Devourer" as he arrived on the Main Client. This name was used up until 7.28, where it was changed again to the original Dota 2 iteration of "Outworld Destroyer".
- Due to the many name changes Outworld Destroyer went through, he gained many humorous community names such as "Outworld Developer" and "Outhouse Decorator".
- Outworld Destroyer has lines for carrying two, three or even four Aghanim's Scepter. The reason for this is because in Dota 1 early development Aghanim's Scepter was made using Mystic Staff and a Soul Booster giving 500 mana and 30 int, which helped Outworld Destroyer tremendously.