|Can imprison a hero, making them invulnerable.|
|Wary of the happenings near the central sun, Harbinger departs from his vigil to take his place on the plains of war. The Outworld Destroyer creates an Essence Flux, balancing the tides of mana between him and his opponents. Stealing from the minds of those in his Astral Imprisonment, Outworld Destroyer turns raw intelligence into destructive power. Weakening enemies with a barrage of Arcane Energy glowing spheres that permeates any shield. Looming above his enemies, he drops the proverbial hammer, extinguishing the unenlightened with the cosmic force of Sanity's Eclipse.|
|Roles:||Carry Nuker Disabler|
- The cast range of Arcane Orb is based on the attack range of the caster.
- The cast range can be further increased by other attack range bonuses. However, it is not affected by cast range bonuses.
- Both Autocast and manually casting it uses Outworld Destroyer's current attack range.
- The bonus damage is dealt in a separate damage instance, and counts as spell damage.
- Deals its damage before the attack damage is applied, but still depends on the attack hitting the target.
- Checks Outworld Destroyer's mana pool upon projectile hit, so increasing or decreasing his mana pool while the projectile flies does affect its damage.
- Astral Imprisonment fully disables the target and turns it invulnerable and hidden for its duration.
- Targeted allies are imprisoned without any of the other effects being applied on them.
- If the target is an enemy, they get damaged at the end of the imprisonment duration.
- If the target is an enemy hero (including illusions and clones, excluding creep-heroes), they also get a portion of their maximum mana stolen.
- Only reduces the target's maximum mana value. Their current mana value stays unchanged.
- This also goes for when the target gains their mana back. Only their max mana value is increased, the current mana value stays unchanged.
- This also goes for Outworld Destroyer. Only his max mana gets changed, with current mana staying the same.
- Outworld Destroyer gains a status buff that shows how much mana he currently acquired with Astral Imprisonment.
- The target also gains a status debuff that shows how much mana they are currently missing.
- The red ring expanding at the center of the visual effects indicates a fixed 4-second duration. The red ring is visible to allies only.
- With faction. , the area damage is applied at the end of the imprisonment duration regardless of the target's
- Restores mana after other abilities are cast.
- Does not proc on any item abilities.
- Essence Flux uses pseudo-random distribution.
- Restores 7.5%/10.5%/13.5%/16.5% of caster's maximum mana per cast on average.
|30% Spell Lifesteal||25||+2%Damage|
|+0.15Mana Difference Multiplier||20||+20 Strength|
|+30 Movement Speed||15||+250 Mana|
|+20 Attack Speed||10||+200 Health|
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- The mana talent increases maximum mana capacity, and keeps the current mana percentage.
Main Article: Outworld Destroyer/Changelogs
- Reduced current mana as damage from 16% on each level to 13%/14%/15%/16%.
- Reduced mana restore from 30%/40%/50%/60% to 25%/35%/45%/55%.
- can now be cast on .
- Old: Adds an active component to , that causes it to swap Outworld Destroyer's current health and mana pools. Has a 0.75-second cast time and a cooldown of 45 seconds.
- New: Increases silenced, muted, disarmed, invulnerable, and untargetable during it. max mana steal by 5%, and allows targeted allies to move during it, with 40% reduced movement speed. Allies are visible,
- restores health to stay in lane.
- restores health more quickly than Tangoes while being slightly less cost efficient, however it is better to buy a Salve if you are forced out of last hit range due to spam damage. Extremely situational, as you can rush meteor hammer on this hero, and the perseverance regenerates HP well enough to stay in lane.
- gives cheap attributes, and Outworld Destroyer can use it with Tango to receive more heal.
- gives stats to help with last hitting and later builds into meteor hammer.
- builds into meteor hammer and provides HP.
- make Outworld Destroyer run faster, which is important in middle lane.
- active is guaranteed by Astral Imprisonment, provided you are not otherwise stunned. This grants extra damage and 1.25 seconds of stun to land arcane orbs. Also helps destroying the mid and safelane towers, opening up a large area of the map for your team.
- Gives extra movement speed. Can build into Power Treads for extra attack speed and intelligence, or can build into Boots of Travel for split pushing.
- increases his mobility, allowing Outworld Destroyer to blink and escape after a self-cast Astral Imprisonment.
- gives attack range and attributes. The active allows Outworld Destroyer to position, as well as increasing his attack speed for a number of attacks.
- protects against most disables and nukes, buying Outworld Destroyer the time to stack intelligence and use his ultimate more effectively.
- provides him with both additional intelligence and a hex, giving him more time to deal damage with Arcane Orb.
- provides attributes, health, and mana boosts. Extra Astral Imprisonment charges and its range improvement provides an additional disable.
- Allows allies to move during Astral Imprisonment, albeit at a slower movement speed. Extremely useful to save allies from massive disables, such as Black Hole, Reverse Polarity, Arena of Mars (allies can move outside the Arena while hidden), and so on. Pairs up especially well with Aghanim's Scepter.
- lets Outworld Destroyer scale better, although it may hamper some of your early game power.
- gives attack speed and intelligence to use more Arcane Orbs.
- can be considered as an alternative to Black King Bar if you find yourself heavily focused by single target abilities.
- gives the most mana in a single item, and allows you to steal more mana by spamming Astral imprisonment. It also increase damages and allows Sanity Eclipse to be used more frequently.
- gives a high attack speed boost, allowing him to deal more damage in battles. The bonus night vision is also nice for ganking at night, as catching a hero with your astral imprisonment + meteor hammer combo is very deadly.
- root against a single target. Get this item if your team doesn't have lots of crowd control. will provide him with additional health and intelligence, as well as the ability to
- silence that also amplifies his damage for the time period. Also builds later into . gives him even more intelligence and attack speed, and also gives him a
- is one of the strongest late-game items on Outworld Destroyer, as it allows Sanity's Eclipse, as well as items like Black King Bar and Scythe of Vyse to be used twice, which can be devastating in teamfights.
- provide a large amount of Mana, greatly increase damage output of Sanity's Eclipse, and gives you 25% spell lifesteal. This can bring you up to full health after casting Sanity's Eclipse on a bunch of heroes. Also pairs up nicely with the level 25 talent.
- Outworld Destroyer was originally called "Obsidian Destroyer" in DotA. Obsidian Destroyer was based on two units in Warcraft III: Frozen Throne; the Obsidian Statue, and its alternate form, the Destroyer.
- Outworld Destroyer was originally added to Dota 2 with his current name, but was changed to "Outworld Demolisher" before the patch left the Test Client. However, due to community outcry, it was changed to "Outworld Devourer" as he arrived on the Main Client. This name was used up until 7.28, where it was changed again to the original Dota 2 iteration of "Outworld Destroyer".
- Due to the many name changes Outworld Destroyer went through, he gained many humorous community names such as "Outworld Developer" and "Outhouse Decorator".
- Outworld Destroyer has lines for carrying two, three or even four intelligence, which helped Outworld Destroyer tremendously. . The reason for this is because in Dota 1 early development Aghanim's Scepter was made using and giving 500 mana and 30