Purist Thunderwrath, the Omniknight, is a melee strength hero who is renowned for his ability to protect his allies, preventing the enemy from easily killing them. A holy and courageous hero, Purist Thunderwrath is an adept support whose powerful spells give his team strong survivability. He possesses a potent healing ability in Purification, which can instantly heal the targeted ally and, if there are nearby enemy units, deal pure damage in the same amount, allowing it to be used as a nuke. He is also capable of providing status resistance to allies in the form of Heavenly Grace, a basic ability that heals an ally over time, as well as greatly reducing the duration of enemy effects and granting bonus strength, making it especially useful for strength heroes. His passive ability, Degen Aura, can greatly slow the movement speed of enemies, preventing them from easily using their physical attacks to deal damage. And finally, his ultimate, Guardian Angel, can provide complete immunity against physical damage to all nearby allies, completely nullifying the damage output of most carries for a short time. Few can escape the mighty and heavenly power of the Omniknight and he is a powerful ally in team fights. He is a mighty tank, and a very difficult hero to kill.
- The targeting reticule must be centered over an allied unit.
- ↓↓ Double-tapping automatically targets self.
- Despite the visual effects, the damage is applied instantly to all enemy units within range of the target.
- ↓↓ Double-tapping automatically targets self.
- Applies a strong dispel on the target upon cast.
- Heavenly Grace first applies the buff, then the dispel.
- The strength bonus effectively grants the target 160/360/560/760 health and 0.8/1.8/2.8/3.8 health regeneration (and 8/18/28/38 main attack damage for strength heroes).
- Can regenerate up to 80/120/160/200 ( ) health over its full duration.
- The status resistance stacks multiplicatively with other sources of status resistance.
- The aura's debuff lingers for 1 second.
- Requires to be unlocked.
- The cast range of Hammer of Purity is based on the attack range of the caster.
- The cast range can be further increased by other attack range bonuses. However, it is not affected by cast range bonuses.
- The bonus damage is dealt in a separate damage instance, and counts as spell damage.
- The damage is based on the caster's base attack damage, and damage granted from their primary attribute. Raw damage bonus are ignored.
- The damage is independent from the actual damage dealt by the leading attack. Its values are calculated separately.
- Considers the minimum and maximum damage values of the caster, so the damage varies like how regular attacks do.
- Applies unique outgoing damage reduction on the target. Stacks multiplicatively with all other sources of outgoing damage manipulation.
- The reduction affects all damage the target deals that is not flagged as HP removal.
- Hammer of Purity first applies the debuff, then its own damage, then the attack damage.
|+30 Movement Speed||15||-2sCooldown|
|+50 Base Damage||10||+10HP Regen|
- Increased base armor from 1 to 2.
- Increased movement speed slow from 10%/19%/28%/37% to 14%/22%/30%/38%.
- dispellable. is now
- Increasead movement speed slow from 10%/18%/26%/34% to 10%/19%/28%/37%.
- Increased mana cost from 125/175/250 to 150/200/250.
- Level 20 left talent: -3s cooldown reduced to -2s.
- Reduced base strength and gain from 24 + 3.4 to 23 + 3.1.
- Increased agility gain from 1.8 to 2.
- Increased health regeneration from 0 to 0.25.
- Increased strength bonus from 8/16/24/32 to 8/18/28/38.
- Reduced cooldown from 160/150/140 to 160/140/120.
- Can no longer be cast on non-hero units.
- No longer heals Omniknight for 100% of the damage dealt.
- Now applies 60% outgoing damage reduction on the enemy for 4 seconds.
- Increased mana cost from 20 to 40.
- Increased cooldown from 4 to 10.
- is necessary for giving yourself flexibility when healing from enemy harass. Since Purification is so inefficient at low levels, you need a way to regenerate health without sacrificing your mana pool.
- also restores health to Omniknight.
- potions greatly help you to maintain lane presence due to Omniknight's small mana pool and costly, spammable spells.
- is a situationally useful laning item to purchase on Omniknight, as his mana pool is limited before he can purchase items to allow him to cast his spells. The passive HP regen gives him a measure of health sustain, and consuming it can give him enough mana to cast any of his spells at least one more time in a fight or gank if he runs out of mana.
- fills out any remaining inventory slots. Purchasing two of them allows you to either build a Magic Wand, or complete the two Mekansm components more readily.
- s are a general requirement on support heroes, as map vision is a basic key to victory.
- are important on Omniknight as he can use them to take advantage of Degen Aura to slow enemies down, whether while pursuing during a gank or body-blocking chasing enemies attempting to kill your carry. As all of Omniknight's spells are very position-dependent, increasing his movement speed should be a major priority.
- is very useful on Omniknight due to his small mana pool. Having the ability to give yourself 150 mana can easily be the difference between being able to cast your spells or not.
- is a powerful support item that enhances Omniknight's ability to heal teammates and inflict magic damage. The item grants more strength, increasing Omniknight's HP and base damage, and some mana regen to help him manage his mana pool more efficiently. The active allows Omniknight to utilize yet another heal, or deal more magic damage in fights on top of Purification.
- should be the first major item that Omniknight purchases, as its active ability is what allows him to cast Purification more than once every few minutes. By alleviating his mana dependencies, Omniknight can become much more active in teamfights and ganks.
- gives Omniknight more attributes for little gold and allows him to replenish 255 health and mana instantly, enough to cast any of his abilities.
- is necessary to increase the size of Omniknight's small mana pool, allowing more frequent use of his mana-costly abilities. Moreover, the active ability allows him to replenish his and his team's mana pools, an essential duty for a support hero.
- , besides giving all-around attributes, further speeds Omniknight and his allies' movement and attack speed. The active charges can be used in conjunction with Degen Aura to further create a disparity in movement and attack speed between the respective teams.
- provides Omniknight with another source of healing, one that affects allies around him. Its all-around attributes and bonus armor also help to increase Omniknight's tankiness, but make sure that your mana pool is large enough to support the use of Mekansm, as it is extremely costly in mana to use.
- dispel can allow Omniknight to instantly remove debuffs from himself that may be preventing him from contributing effectively in teamfights. are a strong item to purchase on Omniknight in the late game, as he often builds a Mekansm and Arcane Boots already. Combining the two items into one inventory slot frees up space for more items in the late game, eliminates Mekansm's mana cost and strengthens its aura even further. As well, the self-
- upgrades Guardian Angel into a global ability, giving it much greater utility as Omniknight doesn't need to be with his teammates for them to benefit from it, as well as bestowing physical immunity to all allied buildings. It also grants him additional attributes, health and mana.
- allows Omniknight to greatly hinder enemies' attempts to focus down him or a teammate. The item's bonuses give Omniknight more armor and mana regen, increasing his durability and letting him cast his spells more frequently. Using Echo Shell on himself or a teammate in a fight allows him to use his enemies' disables and magical nukes against themselves, slowing the pace of a battle down and giving him more time to use his defensive spells.
- is a useful early-game item to buy, as its slow stacks with that of Degen Aura.
- gives Omniknight mana regeneration and a hard disable, greatly increasing his teamfight contribution and his ability to gank targets.
- provides Omniknight with a great amount of armor for durability and intelligence for increasing the size of his mana pool. Both the active and passive abilities stack with Degen Aura, allowing him to drastically impede enemies' attempts to attack and move around in teamfights.
- is a useful all-around utility aura item to purchase. The armor and mana regen aura benefit your team, and the lifesteal and attack damage bonus give them an extra edge.
- is a strong pickup as it can allow Omniknight to cast Guardian Angel twice, as well as use Purification and Heavenly Grace in quick succession. However, refreshing your cooldowns is very costly in mana, so it is highly recommended to increase the size of your mana pool first if you intend on building this.
- is a useful item on any support hero, and is no exception on Omniknight. Being able to re-position quickly can allow you to use your spells to greater effect, as you can get within range for casting Purification to deal 360 pure damage to enemies, or instantly apply Degen Aura to a fleeing enemy. As well, it can be cast on fleeing allies to save them from chasing enemies, further augmenting Omniknight's ability to save teammates who are in trouble. The extra intelligence is also useful for increasing the size of your mana pool.
- is a useful mid-game utility item that can give Omniknight more initiation, utility and protection capability, once he has mitigated his mana deficiency issues. Using the active on an ally can allow them to initiate or gank an enemy, as well as letting them get right next to an enemy to hit them with Purification. If a teammate is initiated on by the enemy, using the active on them can give them extra magic resistance and give them temporary invisibility. Finally, Heavenly Grace can be used as a last-ditch measure to remove debuffs from an invisible ally, such as .
- is a strong utility item that boosts Omniknight's casting capabilities, and can be assembled more quickly by using the Energy Booster from a disassembled Arcane Boots. It provides more mana regen that compensates for Omniknight's pitiful pool, and the increased cast range allows him to use Purification and Heavenly Grace on allies from farther away, greatly increasing the survivability of his teammates.
- is a good cheap support item that provides many uses. The extra intelligence and mana regeneration ensure that Omniknight almost always has the mana he needs to cast his spells, while the extra movement speed allows him to capitalize on Degen Aura more easily. The active ability can be used to hard-disable an enemy, something that Omniknight otherwise lacks, and then get within range to cast Purification to deal damage to them, or can be cast on yourself to dispel debuffs from yourself (such as silences which may be preventing you from casting your spells).
- gives mana regeneration, armor, and attributes, increasing Omniknight's survivability. The active can transfer the armor bonus to a teammate, as well as increasing their movement and attack speed, protecting them even more on top of Purification and Heavenly Grace, or used on an enemy to inflict them with reduced armor, movement and attack speed that stacks alongside Degen Aura to greatly reduce their ability to inflict physical damage.
- is useful for protecting Omniknight and his team against magical damage in a teamfight, thus ensuring that he can cast his spells to their utmost and apply Degen Aura to the enemy for longer. The active ability also synergizes with his ability to protect his teammates from harm.
- is a strong pick giving you a enhanced HP and Mana pool, some extra stats, increased HP regeneration and a active that restores up to 300 HP and mana wen fully charged. The real strength in this item relies in the 35% heal amplification it gives to all your skills, which also applies to Mekansm and Guardian Greaves; greatly increasing your survivabillity and supporting ability.
- is a good pickup for Omniknight giving more resistance against physical damage, as he is a melee hero who must get close to the enemy to apply Degen Aura's debuff to them. However, its main use is in the active, Guard, which gives damage block and armor to all nearby teammates, very useful if you need to give them survivability against physical damage while your ultimate is on cooldown or you want to save it for more important situations.
- provides damage and passive burn, as the slow from Degen Aura synergizes well with Radiance's burn, keeping the enemy within the radius.
|Roles:||Support Durable Nuker|
|Playstyle:||One of few to ever gaze upon the Omniscience itself, Purist Thunderwrath's faith in the All Seeing One was unshakable. The seasoned knight had been imbued with holy strength, with which he now uses to preserve his allies. The light of Purification not only heals his companions, but burns any foes close by. No sorceries avail against an ally blessed with Heavenly Grace. In decisive moments of battle, Omniknight calls forth the Guardian Angel, granting himself and nearby allies near invulnerability against all physical attacks.|
- Some parts of Omniknight's bio are a reference to the bible story of Daniel in the Lion's Pit. Daniel was thrown into the lion's den for praying to God and challenging Darius' command not to do so, but God prevented the lions from harming Daniel, saving his life. Similarly, Omniknight was to be thrown to the pit of sacrifice for challenging his priests but the Omniscience revealed itself, saving Purist.
- His response "▶️ I have gazed into the omniscience, and it has gazed into me." is a reference to German philosopher Nietzsche's quote "If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you".
- His kill response "▶️ You chose poorly." and item purchase response "▶️ I chose wisely." are references to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- Many of Omniknight's responses refer to the Bible or Christianity in general: e.g. confessing sins, having demons as nemeses, chastising Dazzle for using dark powers to heal, disliking Necronomicon (as its powers are demonic), using "omniscient" and "light" to describe his God, his death animation (with arms forming a cross, as a reference to the Crucifixion of Christ), etc. "▶️ A narrow path." refers to Matthew 7:14.
- Omniknight's nickname is "Chuck Norris", due to the similarities in appearance and the power of his abilities. As well, when he was first added to Dota 2 there was a bug that caused him to always say the voice line ▶️ "Fear nothing!"
- Omniknight originally held and swung his hammer with one hand. This was changed after community feedback.
- Omniknight's battle begin line ▶️ "The Omniscience may spare them, but I will not." is a reference to General Patton's quote "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
Model and icons before November 21, 2013 Patch