|Tanky frontliner who protects and heals his allies.|
|A guardian at the front lines of battle, Omniknight is always eager to join his team in battle. Whether healing an ally with the light of Purification that also harms nearby foes, protecting his allies with the All Seeing One's Heavenly Grace, or battering an enemy with his Mighty Hammer. In decisive moments of battle, he calls forth the Guardian Angel, granting himself and nearby allies near invulnerability, nullifying the enemies' damage output for a short time.|
|Roles:||Support Durable Nuker|
- The targeting reticule must be centered over an allied unit.
- ↓↓ Double-tapping automatically targets self.
- Despite the visual effects, the damage is applied instantly to all enemy units within range of the target.
- Can only be cast on allied heroes, including illusions, clones, and creep-heroes.
- ↓↓ Double-tapping automatically targets self.
- When cast on an ally, Omniknight receives the buff as well, but not the dispel.
- Heavenly Grace first applies the buff, and then the strong dispel on the target.
- Total strength and health regeneration bonus when dispelling a certain amount of debuffs:
- 1 Debuff: 11/22/33/44 ( ) strength and 11/16/21/26 ( ) health regeneration.
- 2 Debuffs: 14/26/38/50 ( ) strength and 14/20/26/32 ( ) health regeneration.
- 3 Debuffs: 17/30/43/56 ( ) strength and 17/24/31/38 ( ) health regeneration.
- 4 Debuffs: 20/34/48/62 ( ) strength and 20/28/36/44 ( ) health regeneration.
- 5 Debuffs: 23/38/53/68 ( ) strength and 23/32/41/50 ( ) health regeneration.
- Heavenly Grace effectively grants the following bonuses per dispelled debuff:
- Can regenerate up to 88/138/188/238 + 33/44/55/66 ( ) per dispelled debuff health over its full duration.
- With the talent, it can regenerate up to 123.2/193.2/263.2/333.2 + 46.2/61.6/77/92.4 ( ) per dispelled debuff health over its full duration.
- Multiple instances of Heavenly Grace do not stack, only its duration gets refreshed and bonuses updated.
- The talent immediately updates all currently active buffs.
- The projectile travels at a speed of 1200.
- The damage is based on Omniknight's main attack damage. Other attack damage bonuses are ignored.
- This means the talent affects Hammer of Purity's damage as well.
- Considers the minimum and maximum damage values of Omniknight, so the damage varies like how regular attacks do.
- Hammer of Purity first applies the debuff, then the damage.
|-4sCooldown||20||+4Strength/HP Regen per Stack|
|+50 Base Damage||10||+4sDuration|
Main Article: Omniknight/Changelogs
- Increased mana cost from 80/90/100/110 to 95/105/115/125.
- Increased base intelligence and gain from 15 + 1.8 to 16 + 2.1.
- Reworked .
- Creates a divine barrier around an ally which appies a strong dispel and grants them increased status resistance, strength and health regeneration.
- Cast time: 0.25
- Cast range: 500
- Status resistance bonus: 50%
- Strength bonus: 8/18/28/38
- Health regeneration bonus: 8/12/16/20
- Duration: 10
- Mana cost: 80/90/100/110
- Cooldown: 26/22/18/14
- Notes: Can be cast on any ally.
- Applies a strong dispel on the target ally and grants both the target and Omniknight increased strength and health regeneration based on the number of debuffs dispelled.
- Cast time: 0.3
- Cast range: 700
- Base strength bonus: 8/18/28/38
- Base health regeneration bonus: 8/12/16/20
- Strength/health regeneration bonus per dispelled debuff: 3/4/5/6
- Duration: 10
- Mana cost: 80/90/100/110
- Cooldown: 26/22/18/14
- Notes: Cannot be cast on non-hero allies.
- is no longer a basic ability.
- Reworked , and moved it to the 3rd ability slot. This is now a basic ability.
- Causes Omniknight's next attack to deal bonus pure damage based on his attack damage value, and temporarily reduce the target's outgoing damage.
- Cast range: 150
- Base damage: 60
- Attack damage as damage: 115%
- Outgoing damage reduction: 60%
- Duration: 4
- Mana cost: 40
- Cooldown: 10
- Notes: Active attack modifier. The damage is dealt in a separate instance, as pure damage.
- Omniknight launches his hammer at a target, dealing pure damage based on his attack damage and temporarily slowing the target's movement speed.
- Cast time: 0.3
- Cast range: 350
- Base damage: 50/75/100/125
- Attack damage as damage: 60%/70%/80%/90%
- Movement speed slow: 14%/22%/30%/38%
- Duration: 5
- Mana cost: 50/60/70/80
- Cooldown: 10
- Notes: Regular single-target ability. The projectile travels at a speed of 1200 and is disjointable.
- Old: Grants the ability.
- New: Grants
- Increased radius from 375 to 400.
- Increased movement speed slow from 14%/22%/30%/38% to 40%.
- No longer grants 40 health regeneration.
- Now grants 40% status resistance.
- Level 10 right talent changed: +10 health regen ➜ +4s duration.
- Level 15 left talent changed: +30 movement speed ➜ -30s cooldown.
- Level 20 left talent changed: -2s cooldown ➜ -4s cooldown.
- Level 20 right talent changed: +15% movement speed slow ➜ +4 strength/health regeneration bonus per dispelled debuff.
- Level 25 left talent changed: -60s cooldown ➜ +75% attack damage as damage.
- is necessary for giving yourself flexibility when healing from enemy harass. Since Purification is so inefficient at low levels, you need a way to regenerate health without sacrificing your mana pool.
- also restores health to Omniknight.
- potions greatly help you to maintain lane presence due to Omniknight's small mana pool and costly, spammable spells.
- is a situationally useful laning item to purchase on Omniknight, as his mana pool is limited before he can purchase items to allow him to cast his spells. The passive HP regen gives him a measure of health sustain, and consuming it can give him enough mana to cast any of his spells at least one more time in a fight or gank if he runs out of mana.
- fills out any remaining inventory slots. Purchasing two of them allows you to either build a Magic Wand, or complete the two Mekansm components more readily.
- s are a general requirement on support heroes, as map vision is a basic key to victory.
- are important on Omniknight as he can use them to take advantage of Degen Aura to slow enemies down, whether while pursuing during a gank or body-blocking chasing enemies attempting to kill your carry. As all of Omniknight's spells are very position-dependent, increasing his movement speed should be a major priority.
- is very useful on Omniknight due to his small mana pool. Having the ability to give yourself 150 mana can easily be the difference between being able to cast your spells or not.
- is a powerful support item that enhances Omniknight's ability to heal teammates and inflict magic damage. The item grants more strength, increasing Omniknight's HP and base damage, and some mana regen to help him manage his mana pool more efficiently. The active allows Omniknight to utilize yet another heal, or deal more magic damage in fights on top of Purification.
- should be the first major item that Omniknight purchases, as its active ability is what allows him to cast Purification more than once every few minutes. By alleviating his mana dependencies, Omniknight can become much more active in teamfights and ganks.
- gives Omniknight more attributes for little gold and allows him to replenish 255 health and mana instantly, enough to cast any of his abilities.
- is necessary to increase the size of Omniknight's small mana pool, allowing more frequent use of his mana-costly abilities. Moreover, the active ability allows him to replenish his and his team's mana pools, an essential duty for a support hero.
- , besides giving all-around attributes, further speeds Omniknight and his allies' movement and attack speed. The active charges can be used in conjunction with Degen Aura to further create a disparity in movement and attack speed between the respective teams.
- provides Omniknight with another source of healing, one that affects allies around him. Its all-around attributes and bonus armor also help to increase Omniknight's tankiness, but make sure that your mana pool is large enough to support the use of Mekansm, as it is extremely costly in mana to use.
- dispel can allow Omniknight to instantly remove debuffs from himself that may be preventing him from contributing effectively in teamfights. are a strong item to purchase on Omniknight in the late game, as he often builds a Mekansm and Arcane Boots already. Combining the two items into one inventory slot frees up space for more items in the late game, eliminates Mekansm's mana cost and strengthens its aura even further. As well, the self-
- upgrades Guardian Angel into a global ability, giving it much greater utility as Omniknight doesn't need to be with his teammates for them to benefit from it, as well as bestowing physical immunity to all allied buildings. It also grants him additional attributes, health and mana.
- allows Omniknight to greatly hinder enemies' attempts to focus down him or a teammate. The item's bonuses give Omniknight more armor and mana regen, increasing his durability and letting him cast his spells more frequently. Using Echo Shell on himself or a teammate in a fight allows him to use his enemies' disables and magical nukes against themselves, slowing the pace of a battle down and giving him more time to use his defensive spells.
- is a useful early-game item to buy, as its slow stacks with that of Degen Aura.
- gives Omniknight mana regeneration and a hard disable, greatly increasing his teamfight contribution and his ability to gank targets.
- provides Omniknight with a great amount of armor for durability and intelligence for increasing the size of his mana pool. Both the active and passive abilities stack with Degen Aura, allowing him to drastically impede enemies' attempts to attack and move around in teamfights.
- is a useful all-around utility aura item to purchase. The armor and mana regen aura benefit your team, and the lifesteal and attack damage bonus give them an extra edge.
- is a strong pickup as it can allow Omniknight to cast Guardian Angel twice, as well as use Purification and Heavenly Grace in quick succession. However, refreshing your cooldowns is very costly in mana, so it is highly recommended to increase the size of your mana pool first if you intend on building this.
- is a useful item on any support hero, and is no exception on Omniknight. Being able to re-position quickly can allow you to use your spells to greater effect, as you can get within range for casting Purification to deal 360 pure damage to enemies, or instantly apply Degen Aura to a fleeing enemy. As well, it can be cast on fleeing allies to save them from chasing enemies, further augmenting Omniknight's ability to save teammates who are in trouble. The extra intelligence is also useful for increasing the size of your mana pool.
- is a useful mid-game utility item that can give Omniknight more initiation, utility and protection capability, once he has mitigated his mana deficiency issues. Using the active on an ally can allow them to initiate or gank an enemy, as well as letting them get right next to an enemy to hit them with Purification. If a teammate is initiated on by the enemy, using the active on them can give them extra magic resistance and give them temporary invisibility. Finally, Heavenly Grace can be used as a last-ditch measure to remove debuffs from an invisible ally, such as .
- is a strong utility item that boosts Omniknight's casting capabilities, and can be assembled more quickly by using the Energy Booster from a disassembled Arcane Boots. It provides more mana regen that compensates for Omniknight's pitiful pool, and the increased cast range allows him to use Purification and Heavenly Grace on allies from farther away, greatly increasing the survivability of his teammates.
- is a good cheap support item that provides many uses. The extra intelligence and mana regeneration ensure that Omniknight almost always has the mana he needs to cast his spells, while the extra movement speed allows him to capitalize on Degen Aura more easily. The active ability can be used to hard-disable an enemy, something that Omniknight otherwise lacks, and then get within range to cast Purification to deal damage to them, or can be cast on yourself to dispel debuffs from yourself (such as silences which may be preventing you from casting your spells).
- gives mana regeneration, armor, and attributes, increasing Omniknight's survivability. The active can transfer the armor bonus to a teammate, as well as increasing their movement and attack speed, protecting them even more on top of Purification and Heavenly Grace, or used on an enemy to inflict them with reduced armor, movement and attack speed that stacks alongside Degen Aura to greatly reduce their ability to inflict physical damage.
- is useful for protecting Omniknight and his team against magical damage in a teamfight, thus ensuring that he can cast his spells to their utmost and apply Degen Aura to the enemy for longer. The active ability also synergizes with his ability to protect his teammates from harm.
- is a strong pick giving you a enhanced HP and Mana pool, some extra stats, increased HP regeneration and a active that restores up to 300 HP and mana wen fully charged. The real strength in this item relies in the 35% heal amplification it gives to all your skills, which also applies to Mekansm and Guardian Greaves; greatly increasing your survivabillity and supporting ability.
- is a good pickup for Omniknight giving more resistance against physical damage, as he is a melee hero who must get close to the enemy to apply Degen Aura's debuff to them. However, its main use is in the active, Guard, which gives damage block and armor to all nearby teammates, very useful if you need to give them survivability against physical damage while your ultimate is on cooldown or you want to save it for more important situations.
- provides damage and passive burn, as the slow from Degen Aura synergizes well with Radiance's burn, keeping the enemy within the radius.
- Some parts of Omniknight's bio are a reference to the bible story of Daniel in the Lion's Pit. Daniel was thrown into the lion's den for praying to God and challenging Darius' command not to do so, but God prevented the lions from harming Daniel, saving his life. Similarly, Omniknight was to be thrown to the pit of sacrifice for challenging his priests but the Omniscience revealed itself, saving Purist.
- His response "▶️ I have gazed into the omniscience, and it has gazed into me." is a reference to German philosopher Nietzsche's quote "If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you".
- His kill response "▶️ You chose poorly." and item purchase response "▶️ I chose wisely." are references to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- Many of Omniknight's responses refer to the Bible or Christianity in general: e.g. confessing sins, having demons as nemeses, chastising Dazzle for using dark powers to heal, disliking Necronomicon (as its powers are demonic), using "omniscient" and "light" to describe his God, his death animation (with arms forming a cross, as a reference to the Crucifixion of Christ), etc. "▶️ A narrow path." refers to Matthew 7:14.
- Omniknight's nickname is "Chuck Norris", due to the similarities in appearance and the power of his abilities. As well, when he was first added to Dota 2 there was a bug that caused him to always say the voice line ▶️ "Fear nothing!"
- Omniknight originally held and swung his hammer with one hand. This was changed after community feedback.
- Omniknight's battle begin line ▶️ "The Omniscience may spare them, but I will not." is a reference to General Patton's quote "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
- 's internal name in the game files is "Martyr".
Model and icons before November 21, 2013 Patch