Lightning Shield (Pre 6.00)
- This ability got replaced by 6.00 gameplay patch. in the
- Can be cast on any enemy, allied units and own units, except on self. Cannot be cast on wards and buildings.
- Deals damage to enemy and allied units alike. Does not damage the unit the shield was put on.
- Multiple shields can damage the same units.
- Deals 18/24/30/36 damage in 0.5 second intervals.
- Pre 5.80, Multicast used to cause this spell to be cast 1/2/3 extra times on random units (including self) within a 600 radius around Ogre Magi.
- From 5.80 on, Multicast no longer caused it to be cast multiple times, but increased its damage per second and mana cost instead.
- This is how much damage per second Lightning Shield dealt (before reductions) and how much mana it cost on each level with each level of Multicast:
- Level 0 Multicast: 36/48/60/72 damage, 80 mana
- Level 1 Multicast: 48/60/72/84 damage, 110 mana
- Level 2 Multicast: 60/72/84/96 damage, 140 mana
- Level 3 Multicast: 72/84/96/108 damage, 150 mana
Multicast (Pre 6.00)
Fireblast Mana Cost Increase: 95/270/430
Fireblast Cooldown Increase: 8/24/47
Fireblast Stun Duration Increase: 0/0/0.5
Lightning Shield Damage Increase: 12/24/36
Lightning Shield Mana Increase: 30/60/70
Bloodlust Mana Increase: 50/100/150
Despite being largely incapacitated by his IQ, the Ogre Magi's success in battle is attributed to pure skill.
- This ability got reworked into the current in the 6.00 gameplay patch.
- But it also passively increased its mana cost from 95 to 190/365/525 and cooldown from 8 to 16/32/55.
- Did not grant Lightning Shield multiple casts, but increased its damage and mana cost.