- dispels Ignite and makes targeting the real Chaos Knight much harder.
- makes Ogre Magi less disruptive.
effectively negates Ogre Magi's durability.
- With , he can disable Multicast.
- Ogre Magi has nothing against and his high health pool amplifies .
- Ogre Magi has single-targeted magical-only damage and disables and is less effective against Meepo's clones.
- Ogre Magi has no undispellable AoE damage or disables and has nothing to deal with Phantom Lancer's illusions.
- disjoints and dispels Ignite.
- reduces Fireblast stun time and dispels Ignite.
- can heal damaged heroes if needed.
- gives full immunity from Ogre Magi's mostly magical damage.
- can dispel Ignite (when used on allies) and Bloodlust (when used on enemies).
- can dispel Ignite and Fireblast.
- dispels Ignite's slow and Fireblast's stun.
- allows Slark to regenerate HP, even when he is affected by Ignite and Fireblast.
- breaks Multicast.
- minimizes the damage from Ignite and Fireblast.
- 's useful kit of Slows, Stuns, and Silences can set up kills on Ogre Magi and the silence can stop him from using his abilities.
- 's is helpful for killing Ogre Magi who lacks AoE damage and disables.
- silences Ogre Magi with , and makes Puck untargetable for the duration.
- can kite Ogre Magi who has low mobility by and his intelligence gain and build making deal more damage.
- Passive abilities that proc on being attacked, like and are more likely to be triggered during a or a if the target has the increased attack speed of Bloodlust.
- 's works very well against the increased attack speed from Bloodlust.
- Magic resistance items, such as and reduce Ogre Magi's damage output.
- and makes Ogre Magi completely useless.
- break Multicast. can
- dispels Ignite.
- reflects Fireblast and Ignite.
- Ignite can prevent Earthshaker from escaping and/or initiating with .
- Fireblast and Unrefined Fireblast may help prevent Earthshaker follow through with his combo after landing an .
- Fireblast is a good tool to interrupt Io during its escapes through .
- Ignite can be one of the few spells with enough total damage to out-trade the sustained healing Io provides for its fellow laner.
- However, picking other supports that focus less on the laning phase is generally a better choice against Io.
- Nature's Prophet treants can be cleared by Ignite or Multicast
- Fireblast and Unrefined Fireblast prevents Nature's Prophet from using .
- The damage block instances of can be burned down with Ignite.
- Fire Shield effectively reduces the burst damage from a -charged ambush from Templar Assassin, provided the spell is cast beforehand.
- A well-timed Fireblast with Multicast can prevent Weaver from escaping with and even .
- Ignite's high damage early on applies heavy pressure onto Weaver's very small health pool.
- However, the slow from Ignite is generally useless against , and dispels it if needed.
- Multicast Fireblasts over the course of fights are a decent nuisance to stall Sven's massive damage output.
- Bloodlust and Ignite gives Ogre Magi's team the movement speed difference needed to chase and/or disengage against a Sven and his .
- Ignite provides strong damage over time to pressure Sven early on in the laning phase and keep his health low, delaying his transition into the jungle. Ignite is also an easy way to disrupt , Sven's most popular way of initiation.
- Ogre Magi's presence in the laning phase both in terms of damage and durability keeps high pressure on Sven in lane.
- Purchasing an allows Ogre Magi to greatly reduce the burst damage of Sven, who tends to build items focused on damage per hit instead of attack speed.
- Heroes who rely on channeled abilites can be cancelled by Fireblast and Unrefined Fireblast, until they purchase a and/or , however the latter is easily removed with Ignite.
- Heroes that rely on will be prevented from blinking by Ignite for a long duration.
- Heroes that rely on can easily popped by Ignite, Fireblast and Unrefined Fireblast.
Works well with...
- When two targets are leashed by . , Ogre Magi's multicast rolls on each of the two targets individually. This increases your chance of achieving a 4x multicast drastically, from the base 15% to 27.75% of at least one 4x multicast per spell/item used
- Bloodlust gives Juggernaut increased attack speed and movement speed allowing him to output more damage in team-fights.
- Juggernaut's , combined with Ignite and Fireblast, threatens early kills during the laning phase.
- Bloodlust increases Sniper's attack speed and movement speed; The former enabling him to farm faster and output more damage in team-fights especially with while the latter helps Sniper maneuver at the edge of teamfights and stay safe.
- Sven's naturally high damage output and quick farming gets enhanced by Bloodlust's attack speed buff.
- combined with Bloodlust gives Sven almost hasted movement speed.
- Ignite and Fireblast synergies well with and makes it much harder for enemies to kite Sven, in addition to good lane pressure that allows Sven to safely transition into the jungle.
- Bloodlust increases Wraith King's attack speed to output more damage with .
- The combination of and Ogre Magi's disables gives great chasing potential.
- Any autoattack-reliant heroes: Lone Druid, Lifestealer etc.