Each player may equip only one neutral item in a dedicated neutral item slot. Unused neutral items can be put in the dedicated stash within the fountain.
- Neutral items come in 5 tiers. Items from each tier start dropping based on the time on the game clock.
- Drop chance is calculated by pseudo-random distribution, and rolled individually for each team and each tier. Higher tiered items are rolled first.
- Drop chance is only rolled when there is a real hero (excluding illusions and clones) within 750 radius of the killed creep.
- Neutral items do not drop if:
- The killing player is channeling or .
- There is an enemy hero within 1200 radius of the killed creep. Clones and illusions do not count.
- The creep was taken over by a player before it was killed. It must belong to the neutral team to drop items.
- The same item may only drop once for each team.
- A maximum of four items per tier can drop for each team.
- Only one consumable neutral item may drop per tier for each team.
- Drop rates are tripled for ancient creeps.
|Tier 2||No Drop||Drop||Drop||Drop||Drop||10%|
|Tier 3||No Drop||No Drop||Drop||Drop||Drop||10%|
|Tier 4||No Drop||No Drop||No Drop||Drop||Drop||10%|
|Tier 5||No Drop||No Drop||No Drop||No Drop||Drop||10%|
Neutral Items Stash
Each team has a stash dedicated for neutral items within their fountain areas. These stashes are accessible to all players of the team. A neutral item can be stashed by either dropping it within the fountain area, or by teleporting it to the stash by right-clicking it. Unlike with the regular stash, neutral items can be moved to their dedicated stash from anywhere on the map. Despite the visual effect, the teleport happens instantly.
The stash can store up to 4 neutral items of each tier. Only items found by the team can be stored in the stash. Neutral items stolen from the enemy cannot be stashed, the right-click option teleports them to the fountain instead.
Besides storing the items, the stash also shows the current status of all neutral items found by the team:
- When in the stash, the icon appears normally, and no status is shown.
- When equipped by a player, the icon appears darkened, and the status reads "EQUIPPED" and shows the player's hero icon.
- When in a player's backpack, the icon appears darkened, and the status reads "BACKPACK" and shows the player's hero icon in grey.
- When in a player's stash, the icon appears darkened, and the status reads "STASH" and shows the player's hero icon in grey.
- When in a player's courier, the icon appears darkened, and the status reads "COURIER" and shows the player's hero icon in grey.
- If fully consumed, the icon appears darkened and grey, and the status reads "CONSUMED".
- When on the ground, or when stolen by the enemy, the icon appears darkened, and the status reads "UNKNOWN".
- Increased enemy drop range restriction from 900 to 1200.
- Neutral items no longer drop if the killing player is channeling or .
- Neutral items no longer drop for hero clones, if there is no real hero within 750 range. [ ]
- Only one consumable neutral item may now drop per tier. [ ]
- Changed drop time window of the following items tier:
- Tier 1 neutral items from 7-15 to 7-17.
- Tier 2 neutral items from 15-25 to 17-27.
- Tier 3 neutral items from 25-40 to 27-37.
- Tier 4 neutral items from 40-60 to 37-60.
- Increased tier 1 neutral items drop chance from 10% to 14%.