|Heroes|| Earth Spirit|
Druids of Verodicia
Society of Likeminded Keenfolk
Iron Princeling (probably the Brass Herald)
From the vast remains of Verodicia, the Nature's Prophet sprouts into full leaf, rolling the great wheel of life once more. With the foresight to watch over the creations of his goddess and the power to protect it in times of need, the favored son of Verodicia preserves his life and all of her creations to never squander the fated yet selfless sacrifice that his goddess underwent with great sorrow.
Nature's Prophet is entrusted with the burden of keeping the woods safe. With his foresight, he can always know where he is needed and respond to the wild places and their natural inhabitants, from the things of leaf and petal to the beasts and fauna alike.
The being we know as Nature's Prophet came to be from the remains of his progenitor deity Verodicia, the Goddess of the Woods. Long ago, Verodicia toiled to prepare a nurturing environment for her living things to grow in. She planted the burgeoning spirit in the seed, lured the groundwaters deep within the aquifers, and made the sun swear its full attention to her children. But she soon realized that she will soon die without seeing her children grow. On one of the leaves inside the seed that she had planted, she saw the unswayable fate of her fall imprinted within it. Although it pained her that she would leave her seeds vulnerable, she was determined to do something about it even if she couldn't defy her destined demise.
Verodicia found one last seed in her seed pouch and spoke a single word into the seed, swallowing it as she fell. Her vast body decomposed throughout the winter season, becoming the humus that would feed her seedlings in the spring. On the morning of the vernal equinox that marked the beginning of the spring seasons, the last seed ripened and burst in an instant before the other seedlings could even grow. From the last seed sprouted Nature's Prophet, who inherited Verodicia's power to foresee the forest's future in the very leaves of destiny, staying vigil over the green places where danger or great need may beckon the aid of the goddess' sole descendant.
The riverlands hero Castor Twin-Tusks once challenged the Nature's Prophet to an arcane duel. The prophet won the duel and now wears Castor's upper jaw on his shoulder.
The Oakfall Horn was used to summon the Nature's Prophet to Virga Truebark's side, who defied the Iron Princeling. Together, they fought their enemy side by side.
Personality and Mannerisms
- The Prophet's disposition is like that of nature. In equal parts, nature is both caring and unforgiving. At times, the Prophet may be peaceful and gentle, but those who fail to see the other side of nature will learn that he is no stranger to violence. Embodying the violent half of nature, he is ferocious, savage, and punishing if he needs to be.
However, it is said that the Prophet is actually her avatar.
Earth Spirit is related to the Prophet, who seems to share an unnamed goddess with his lore. Kaolin's goddess may possibly be Verodicia with the following speculations.
- When meeting the Prophet, Kaolin will claim that they are both of like spirits. Kaolin will also say that the Prophet must revere him, which hints that Kaolin has authority over the Prophet.
- Just like the Prophet, Kaolin is dedicated to a goddess who is said to tend to all life.
- Upon her death, Verodicia's body became humus and got absorbed into the earth. It's possible that, with Verodicia's remains being one with the earth, Kaolin now fights in honor of the Earth which includes Verodicia herself.
Nature's Prophet bears a great hatred and rivalry towards the Society of Likeminded Keenfolk, especially Timbersaw and Tinker. He believes that they are a scourge on nature with their inventions that pollute and quell the forest and its inhabitants. 
Powers and Abilities
He possesses the ability to shapeshift his physical form, taking on the aspects of a tree, a predator, or prey.
He got his name from the foresight that he inherited from his goddess Verodicia, whose seeds contained a coiled-up spiritual plant with leaves that are imprinted with the fate and destiny of those who read it. These are the same leaves that portended Verodicia's demise. Nature's Prophet can read the future through these leaves within the seed that birthed him, and the many branches of this plant may signify the many futures that he can see.
Before the Prophet's seed was made to sprout, Verodicia imbued a sapphire gem with a spark of her essence. This gem was a fail-safe left in the wastes of a war-torn land to restore life and restart its cycle in places that may lack it.
The Prophet wears a set of natural garments made of fungi and moss infused with the essence of the Father Mushroom. He also wears a coat of leaves that were common apparel among the druids of Verodicia. He wears the spiked and goddess-blessed pauldron of Al-Fusha, a fallen satyr general in service to Verodicia, to honor him.
To work his magic, the Prophet owns a variety of magical foci to help him with his sorcery. He has a staff capped with a Sinorian gemstone that provides a magical focus for nature's incantations, a staff engraved with Verodicia's name in shining runes, a staff made from the limb of a gnarliest tree of the Manglewood Forest, and a staff that bears a set of gilded spectrolite crystals that can focus mana to it.
He wears a pair of ailettes (shoulder armor) engraved with runes that grant the user the strength to carry the heaviest burden. There is also a pair of bracers made of fastened stone slabs where two sigils bear the sign of an "Elder Ecology". What this "Elder Ecology" means is unknown.
All of the Prophet's powers come from the blessing of his goddess Verodicia. With his power, he can bend nature to his will even if they are harmful or aligned against nature, such as the parasitic Cordyceps and corrupting Sufferwood. Rather than using mana or blood magic, the Prophet relies on the wrathsome will of his goddess to use his powers, tapping directly into it to work his arts.
allows the Prophet to grow a ring of trees to fence in his opponents. In its lore, reports of the Nature's Prophet's fury state that he frequently uses this against his attackers.
does not have much lore to it, so it can simply be assumed that it is nothing but a teleportation ability.
- It is said that not only can he summon them, but he even bends them to his will to place them under his complete control.
- The Prophet can construct a fungal familiar named Shroom Thing, made from fungus and moss and infused with the Father Mushroom's essence.
- He can also summon the Shroomlings to his side. A sentient, walking fungi who hail from the Drowned Forest, they are fearless and are fond of dark and damp places.
Calling upon Verodicia's fury, Nature's Prophet summons theto strike down all who wish to threaten and destroy the green places with its powerful, far-reaching energies.
Friendships and rivalries
Allies meeting Nature's Prophet
- ▶️ I'm more of a city girl meself.
- ▶️ I know you like making trees. I don't suppose you can add an addition to my little hollow?
- ▶️ It's surprising trees don't hold more influence in these lands.
- ▶️ Prophet, you and I will reclaim these woods.
- ▶️ Come Prophet, we are of like spirits.
- ▶️ My Prophet, we shall defend these lands.
- ▶️ You always think you know best, Prophet. I don't care who sprout you, no one bosses me around in my woods.
- ▶️ Tell me what you see for us, Prophet.
- ▶️ Tell me what you see for us, Prophet.
- ▶️ ▶️ Just don't go moving the trees when I need 'em, Prophet.
- ▶️ ▶️ Forcing trees to fight goes against their nature, Prophet.
- ▶️ So do the trees like what you do to them, Prophet?
- ▶️ I prefer a straight up fight to all this sneaking around, but sometimes victory does require a bit of subterfuge.
- ▶️ I don't share my nephew's prejudice, Prophet.
- ▶️ You.. make.. tree-people… Okay P-prophet, I don't think we can be friends.
- ▶️ Greetings, little tree.
- ▶️ Nature's Prophet, your presence foretells our victory.
Enemies killing Nature's Prophet
- ▶️ You think trees are going to stop me?
- ▶️ I'm not afraid of the forest, Prophet.
- ▶️ Nature's Prophet? Nature's loss.
- ▶️ What could be more natural than death, Prophet?
- ▶️ The woods have spoken, and they chose me.
- ▶️ Let's put it to a vote.
- ▶️ Thus I confound the Prophet.
- ▶️ It was time to clear the underbrush.
- ▶️ My greatest prophet, I had to put you down.
- ▶️ Prophet, you turn against the one you should revere.
- ▶️ I prophesied your treachery.
- ▶️ You are no prophet of mine.
- ▶️ A forest fire begins.
- ▶️ Your minions, my fuel.
- ▶️ Death doesn't suit you. Perhaps you'll grow into it.
- ▶️ Look, I told you I'm not big on affiliations. Stay outta wherever I am.
- ▶️ ▶️ Never trust a tree.
- ▶️ Two legged freak!
- ▶️ Nature's Prophet…bleh…your life tastes like sap!
- ▶️ ▶️ Even you must respect my mission, Prophet.
- ▶️ ▶️ Why would the Prophet stand against me?
- ▶️ ▶️ I never thought the day would come that the Prophet's blood stained my hands.
- ▶️ Ugh, that almost felt like...work!
- ▶️ Oh, look — a petrified forest!
- ▶️ ▶️ Pulling root was your ruin, Prophet.
- ▶️ ▶️ Trees offer no protection from me.
- ▶️ It was in my nature to destroy you, Prophet.
- ▶️ False prophet!
- ▶️ And so you find your head on the chopping block, Prophet.
- ▶️ And that is for dulling my blade on your bark!
- ▶️ What is this nature you speak of?
- ▶️ You call him Prophet. I call him roughage.
- ▶️ My lightning shattered that old stump.
- ▶️ So much greenery is unnatural.
- ▶️ I have no time for shrubbery.
- ▶️ What a shrub.
- ▶️ You set about me n' mine and this is what's coming to ya.
- ▶️ Grew a bit too big for your grassy britches.
- ▶️ Your death was in this one's nature, prophet.
- ▶️ When you strip away his leaves, Nature's Prophet is just plain gnarly.
- ▶️ Stay awhile, Prophet!
- ▶️ ▶️ ▶️ Down with false prophets.
- ▶️ ▶️ ▶️ You'll imprison no more in your ring of trees.
- ▶️ Trees do have a way of dying around me!
- ▶️ Your friends are next, Prophet!
- ▶️ Oh don't die yet. I'm not finished with you.
- ▶️ Science: One. Nature's Prophet: Nothing!
- ▶️ Nature's profit, your loss!
- ▶️ By my bark!
- ▶️ That's enough now, little tree.
- ▶️ I'll sharpen my claws in your bark, Prophet!
- ▶️ Living things die.
Enemies dying to Nature's Prophet
- Castor's Spaulder description.
- Truebark Adherent description.
- Lei of the Peace-Bringer description.
- Horns of the Peace-Bringer description.
- Fluttering Staff description.
- Tusked Bracers description.
- Staff of the Tusk-Bereft description.
- Modestly Braided Beard description.
- Earth Spirit response: ▶️ Come Prophet, we are of like spirits.
- Earth Spirit response: ▶️ Prophet, you turn against the one you should revere.
- Jade Reckoning description.
- Virga's Arc description.
- Dota Underlords - Nature's Prophet response: Rizzrack, your time has come.
- Dota Underlords - Nature's Prophet response: Tinker, you're a sociopath that needs to be put down.
- Dota Underlords - Nature's Prophet response: The Keen are an affront to nature.
- Dota Underlords - Nature's Prophet response: I will fight the SOLK until my dying breath.
- Dota Underlords - Nature's Prophet response: You are nature's plague, Venomancer.
- Dota Underlords - Nature's Prophet response: Your daughters have no place in my forest, Venomancer.
- Nature's Prophet gib type.
- Petals of the Woodland Outcast description.
- Horns of the Forest Lord description
- Nature's Prophet response: ▶️ I woke within the seed and saw my destiny, and many were its branches.
- Savage Orchid description.
- Scythe of Vyse description.
- Monarch of the Sapphire Glen description.
- Fungal Lord Set's individual item descriptions.
- Coat of the Elder Grove description.
- Pauldron of Al-Fusha description.
- Sinorian Sphere Staff description.
- Runestaff of Verodicia description.
- Enchanted Manglewood Staff description.
- Spectrolite Staff description.
- Runed Ailettes description.
- Pine-Sage Sigil Stones description.
- Flowering Treant description.
- Sufferwood Sapling description.
- Drape of Foliate Magery description.
- Recipe: Evergreen Stalker description.
- Curled Root-Staff description.
- Shroom Thing description.
- Shroomling description.