For the hero, see.
|A powerful staff used by a master warrior.|
- The proc chances from the same source of
do not stack.
- However, it works completely independent from Javelin's pierce, fully stacking with it.
- The bonus damage is considered as a conditional attack damage bonus and is magical damage.
- Although the attack damage bonus values are not displayed in the HUD, it is still considered and directly added to the unit's attack damage.
- It is not considered by lifesteal, crit or cleave.
- It can be reduced only by flat reductions (e.g. magical damage barrier).
- Since it is considered bonus attack damage, it is not affected by percentage-based attack damage bonuses or reductions.
- Adds an average of 56 magical damage to every attack.
- Pierce uses pseudo-random distribution.
- Attacks which proc Pierce cannot miss.
Heroes whose default item build includes Monkey King Bar as a core item:
Heroes whose default item build includes Monkey King Bar as a situational item:
- Monkey King Bar is a key item to counter heroes (or items) that have intense evasion: e.g. , , , , and .
- Similarly, Monkey King Bar can be purchased to counter some abilities that cause blind: e.g. , , , and .
- The Monkey King, Sun Wukong, is the subject of the Chinese folk novel Journey to the West. His weapon, Ruyi Jingu Bang (如意金箍棒), is a magical iron rod with ends banded with gold. Although it weighs several tons, the Monkey King can change its size at will so he may shrink it and tuck it behind his ear, or grow exponentially and duplicate into an infinite number of individual rods.
- 's default weapon model is a Monkey King Bar.
Main Article: Monkey King Bar/Changelogs
- Increased proc chance from 75% to 80%.