|Thor's magical hammer, made for him by the dwarves Brok and Eitri.|
5600 ( )
- ↓↓ Double-tapping automatically target self.
- Successive casts on the same target do not stack, but refresh the duration.
- The radius is centered around the shielded unit.
- Upon proccing, the proccing unit and 4 random enemy units within the radius are hit.
- If the damage source is more than 900 range away, then only the 4 random enemies within range will be hit.
- Static Charge cannot proc more than once per second.
- Despite the description, Static Charge can proc on any damage, including from spells, not only on attacks.
- Can only proc on damage instances of 5 or greater (after reductions).
- Does not trigger on self-inflicted damage, and damage flagged as HP Removal.
- All bolts together can deal up to 1125 damage (before reductions).
- Static Charge uses pseudo-random distribution.
- Does not stack with the Chain Lightning of , or other Mjollnirs.
- When obtaining multiple items with the Chain Lightning ability, only the one that has been continuously the longest in the inventory works.
- The lightning bounces in 0.25 second intervals, so hitting max targets takes 2.75 seconds.
- Can never hit the same unit more than once per proc.
- All bounces together can deal up to 2160 damage (before reductions).
- Against a lone target, adds an average of 54 magical damage to every attack.
- Chain Lightning can proc while a previous chain lightning is still bouncing.
- Chain Lightning does not proc if the attacker is dead. However, it can proc if the target is dead.
- Chain Lightning uses pseudo-random distribution.
- Attacks which proc Chain Lightning cannot miss.
- The Mjollnir Chain buff is a hidden buff required for the lightning to jump.
- Chain Lightning does not use a regular cooldown. It is neither displayed on the item icon when proccing, nor is it affected by cooldown manipulating effects.
- Heroes whose item build includes Mjollnir as a situational item:
- Mjollnir is very effective against heroes with illusions like , and particularly and that can surround you because the lightning goes all around you compared to cleave and the has more chance to be triggered.
- This item is very good for pushing, you can apply the on a creep to push a lane safely while you jungle and get extra gold.
- This is the most effective item to push back mega creeps.
- Mjölnir is the name of Thor's Hammer in Norse mythology.
- Mjollnir's item icon used to have a little bit of animations. Random static electricity would appear on the hammer, which briefly illuminated the hammer in a blue light. This animation was removed in the
[ Info Needed ]patch for unknown reasons.
Main Article: Mjollnir/Changelogs