|An enchanted hammer forged of metals discovered in the ruins of a village destroyed by a great star storm.|
- The item's attributes grants the following bonuses:
- When interrupted during the channeling, Meteor Hammer does nothing, wasting the cooldown and mana.
- The visual effect at the target area during the channeling is visible to allies only.
- The visual effect around the caster is visible to everyone who has vision on the caster.
- The casting sound effect is audible to everyone who has vision on the caster.
- The meteor takes 0.5 seconds to hit the ground after the channeling.
- Upon landing, all enemies within the impact radius, including buildings but excluding wards, get damaged, stunned and receive a damaging debuff.
- The meteor first applies the debuffs, then the impact damage.
- Deals damage in 1-second intervals, starting 1 second after the debuff is placed, resulting in 7 total instances, including the impact damage.
- Can deal a total of 510 ( 435) damage (before reductions).
- Multiple casts on the same targets do not stack, but refresh the duration instead.
- Stacks with the debuff of .
- Provides flying vision within the targeted area for 3.8 seconds, starting upon channel begin.
- This vision stays even when the channeling gets canceled.
- Does not share cooldown with .
Heroes with non-standard or long duration disables have extra time to channel Meteor Hammer, allowing the wielder to extend the time the target is disabled.
- In certain circumstances where he doesn't need to drag enemies anywhere, provides just enough time to land Meteor Hammer, ideally when the affected enemy has many stacks for bonus damage.
- The + combo traps enemies while preventing them from interrupting the channel; in return, Meteor Hammer augments Disruptor's initiation with damage and a stun.
- provides a way to reliably reposition the enemy under the meteor, and can be combined with his other AoE stuns for a large amount of lockdown.
- roots an opponent long enough to set up Meteor Hammer.
sets up Meteor Hammer. During the song, start channeling Meteor Hammer, and shift-queue Song of the Siren's sub-spell, giving enemies just a split second of time to cast spells.
- It is possible to do the combo frame-perfect with the help of a toggle item, like . While channeling the item, shift-queue the toggle item three times before shift-queuing the song's sub-spell.
- Note that this combo is quite obvious when executed, since Meteor Hammer's channeling sound and cast animation are visible and audible to enemies, which gives them more than enough time to prepare for it. Even with a frame-perfect timing, enemies can still cast non-targeted instant-cast spells and items.
- , in certain circumstances, has enough disable duration to fully channel Meteor Hammer on a whole group of enemies, made better with items such as and .
- 's invisiblity sets up for an easy Meteor Hammer.
- sets up Meteor Hammer.
- leaves the target very vulnerable to follow-up damage.
- traps enemies in a small area to nuke with Meteor Hammer.
- adds to Meteor Hammer's AoE nuke damage.
Heroes with abilities that damage buildings can use Meteor Hammer to quickly bring down structures.
- increases Meteor Hammer's damage perfect for pushing towers.
- adds to Meteor Hammer's building damage.
- In addition, , when properly timed, has enough disable time on a whole team without status resistance to land perfectly, potentially on .
- adds to Meteor Hammer's building damage.
Heroes who hide or go invisible can channel Meteor Hammer safely given enemy heroes lack detection or ground target disables.
- lets Monkey King use Meteor Hammer while out of vision.
- allows the item to be channeled while hidden by invisibility, allowing him to stealthily initiate targets or push towers.
- During , Treant Protector can use Meteor Hammer while hidden in the tree line.
- Treant can also channel Meteor Hammer while opponents are rooted under .
These heroes can use Meteor Hammer during certain circumstances.
- Meteor Hammer can be used during . This means you can start channeling while near an enemy tower and fly back to safety while the channel completes.
- Meteor Hammer can be hard to aim, as the long and obvious casting allows most opponents to interrupt or dodge the ability. Use the active in conjunction with disables, or after the target has expended their escape abilities.
- If you find yourself vulnerable to disables, you want to invest for a or a to prevent your channelling from getting interrupted easily.
- Meteor Hammer can be considered a situational item for teams that require extra siege power, as it deals 375 damage against buildings (about 1/4 of the HP of a Tier 1 tower).
- Meteor Hammer can be used to quickly clear jungle stacks and creep waves.
- Increased impact radius from 315 to 400.
- Reduced unit damage per second from 90 to 60.
- Reduced stun duration from 1.5 to 1.25.
- Reduced mana cost from 125 to 100.
- No longer destroys trees within its area upon impact.
- Increased building damage per second from 50 to 60.
- Reduced stun duration from 1.75 to 1.5.
- Reduced stun duration from 2 to 1.75.
- Reduced cooldown from 28 to 24.
- recipe and stats.
Total cost: 2450
Strength bonus: 12
Intelligence bonus: 12
Health regeneration bonus: 5
Mana regeneration bonus: 3