Dota 2 Wiki
Meepo icon.png
Strength attribute symbol.png
Agility attribute symbol.png
Intelligence attribute symbol.png
24 + 1.6
17 + 1.6
20 + 1.6
Level 0 1 15 25 30
Health 200 680 1120 1680 1880
+0.25 +2.65 +4.89 +7.69 +8.69
Mana 75 315 579 915 1035
+0 +1 +2.12 +3.52 +4.02
Armor 3 5.83 9.57 14.23 15.9
Damage Block 16 (50%)
Magic Resistance 25%
Status Resistance 0%
Damage 22‒28 39‒45 61‒67 89‒95 99‒105
Attack Rate 0.59/s 0.69/s 0.82/s 0.98/s 1.04/s
Attack Range Melee 150 (600)
Attack Speed ▶️ 100 (1.7s BAT)
Attack Animation 0.38+0.6
Projectile Speed Instant
Movement Speed ▶️ 330
Turn Rate Takes 0.15s to turn 180°. 0.7
Collision Size 8
Vision Range (G) 1800 • 800
Legs 2
Gib Type Default
Ability Upgrades
Upgradable by Aghanim's Scepter.
Upgradable by Aghanim's Shard.
Divided We Stand

Meepo, the Geomancer, is a melee agility hero who is notorious for being one of the most difficult carries in the game to play effectively due to his heavy reliance on micromanagement. Meepo's defining ultimate, Divided We Stand, allows Meepo to create up to 3 additional clones of himself, (4 with the level 25 talent), each of which has its own mana and hit points, as well as individual cooldowns on Meepo's spells. The clones cannot use any items besides the boots that the main Meepo himself wears, but each clone can gain experience and gold additively with the original Meepo, allowing him to gain levels and gold extremely fast. This means that a well-played Meepo can gain experience faster than any other hero, capable of reaching maximum level extremely early into the game and overpowering his unsuspecting opponents; however, Meepo's greatest strength is also his greatest weakness, as the death of any Meepo, including the clones, spells death for all Meepos.

Individually, each Meepo is very weak, but by combining their strength and spells Meepo can overwhelm opponents with their nukes and disables. A single cast of Earthbind is little more than an inconvenience, but multiple Earthbinds chained together can allow a Meepo army to keep an enemy permanently rooted to the ground. Poof is a short-ranged area nuke by itself, but combined with the clones allows any Meepo to globally teleport to any other Meepo, and deal increasing amounts of damage when stacked together on the same target. Ransack steals a little HP with each attack itself, but combining the efforts of all clones, it can heal Meepo and all of the clones and deal heavy pure damage to a foe. With this skill set, Meepo can be everywhere on the map at once, and can group up on an unsuspecting victim in a moment's notice. Meepo redefines the power of numbers, and managed properly can overwhelm the enemy as a one-man army.


Meepo minimap icon.pngMeepo, the Geomancer
▶️ "All these fancy knights and scary monsters. Pff! What do they got that I ain't got? Nothing, that's what."
"If you ask me, life is all about who you know and what you can find. When you live up in the Riftshadow Ruins, just finding food can be tough. So you need to cut corners, you need to scrounge, you need to know your strengths. Some of the beasts up there can kill you, so you need a way to trap the weak and duck the strong. On the upside, the ruins have history, and history is worth a lot to some people. There used to be a palace there, where they had all these dark rituals. Bad stuff. If you survived the ceremony, they would shatter a crystal and split your soul into pieces. They made great art though! Sculptures and such. Let me tell you: sometimes you stumble onto some of those old carvings. Take a pack full of those to town and sell them, then get yourself food for a few weeks. If luck is really on your side, you might find a Riftshadow crystal. Get it appraised and start asking around. Someone always knows some crazy fool looking for this kind of thing. If all else fails, sell it to a Magus the next time one's in town. They love that stuff. Still, whatever you do, be careful handling those crystals. You do not want one to go off on you. It really hurts."


Earthbind icon.png
Tosses a net at the target point, rooting down all enemy units in an area around it.
Cast Animation: 0.3+0
Cast Range: 500/750/1000/1250
Radius: 220
Duration: 2
Cooldown: 20/16/12/8 (Talent 17/13/9/5)
Mana: 100
Does not pierce spell immunity. Root effect persists if debuff was placed before spell immunity and when not dispelled.
Debuff modifier_meepo_earthbind: Dispellable with any dispel.
Debuff modifier_meepo_earthbind_chain_duration: Dispellable with any dispel.
Catching dinner in the Riftshadow Ruins can be quite the task.


  • The net travels at a speed of 900.
  • With the maximum cast range and radius, Earthbind can hit units up to 720/970/1220/1470 range away.
  • The net provides 300 radius flying vision around itself as it travels. This vision does not last.

Poof icon.png
Enemies / Self
Drawing mystical energies from the earth, a Meepo can teleport to another Meepo or itself after channeling for 1.5 seconds, dealing damage in both the departure and arrival locations.
Cast Animation: 1.5+0
Cast Range: Global
Damage Radius: 400
Damage: 45/60/75/90 (Talent 85/100/115/130)
Cooldown: 12/10/8/6
Mana: 80
Ability Draft Notes
Ability Draft Notes:
Poof can also be cast on allies within 2000 range. Attempting to target from a further distance targets the ground instead.
When ground-targeted, it still only searches for illusions and clones of the caster.
Sometimes breaking one of the Riftshadow Crystals can be just the trick for getting yourself out of a bind. Or your other self.


  • Cannot directly target, but can still poof to invulnerable clones and illusions. Cannot Poof to hidden targets at all.
  • When ground-targeted, the Meepo closest to the target point is chosen upon cast (which can be the same Meepo who casts it).
  • Poof deals its damage once at the cast location and once at the destination point.
    • The damage from Poof stacks, so enemies within the cast location and destination point effectively take double the damage.
  • This is how much damage Poof can deal (before reductions) when a certain number of Meepos casts it at the same spot:
    • 1 Meepo: 90/120/150/180 (Talent 170/200/230/260)
    • 2 Meepos: 180/240/300/360 (Talent 340/400/460/520)
    • 3 Meepos: 270/360/450/540 (Talent 510/600/690/780)
    • 4 Meepos: 360/480/600/720 (Talent 680/800/920/1040)
    • 5 Meepos: 450/600/750/900 (Talent 850/1000/1150/1300)

Ransack icon.png
Enemies / Self
Steals health from the enemy with each strike and heals all other Meepos for that amount.
Hero Health Steal: 6/10/14/18 (Talent 14/18/22/26)
Creep Health Steal: 4/6/8/10 (Talent 12/14/16/18)
Cannot be used by illusions. Illusions neither can steal health, nor get healed by Meepo or a clone attacking.
Buff modifier_meepo_ransack: Undispellable. Persists death.
So you gonna need that, or...?


  • Deals pure damage to enemies on attack. The damage is applied before the attack damage.

Dig icon.png
Channels for 0.75 seconds and digs into the ground for 4 seconds, dispelling Meepo and causing him to be come invulnerable and untargetable for 4. Restores 40% of his max health over that duration. Can't be cast while rooted.
Cast Animation: 0+0
Channel Time: 0.75
Max Health Restored: 40%
Duration: 4
Cooldown: 40
Mana: 150
Cannot be cast while rooted or leashed. Root prevents casting Dig. Does not stop the channeling if it already started.
Buff modifier_meepo_petrify: Dispellable with death only.
Ability Draft Notes
Ability Draft Notes:
Upgradable by Aghanim's Scepter.
This ability is not available in Ability Draft.


  • Applies a basic dispel on the caster upon finishing the channeling.
  • Stuns the caster for the duration, and turns them invulnerable and unselectable.
    • Any attack or abilities targeting Meepo which is already in its attack or cast animation gets canceled.
    • Does not prevent Spell Reflection from reflecting abilities back at Meepo.
  • Restores health in the form of health regeneration, increasing it by 10% of maximum health per second.

Meepo's icons at the side of the screen. The currently selected Meepo is highlighted.

Divided We Stand
Divided We Stand icon.png
(Upgradable by Aghanim's Shard. Target Unit)
(Upgradable by Aghanim's Shard. Enemies)
Meepo summons an imperfect, semi-autonomous duplicate of himself, which can gain gold and experience as he does and shares his experience, attributes and abilities. However, the clones cannot wield any items but the boots that Meepo himself wears. If any of the clones die, they all die.
With Aghanim's Shard Cast Animation: 0.2+0
Number of Meepo Clones: 1/2/3 (Talent 2/3/4)
Clone Experience Gain: 30%
With Aghanim's Shard Fling Cast Range: 900
With Aghanim's Shard Fling Meepo Search Radius: 300
With Aghanim's Shard Fling Damage: 100
With Aghanim's Shard Fling Move Speed Slow: 50%
With Aghanim's Shard Fling Slow Duration: 3
Cooldown: With Aghanim's Shard 18/16/14
Mana: With Aghanim's Shard 100
Aghanim's Scepter upgrade: Grants a new ability: Dig.
Aghanim's Shard upgrade: Divided we Stand can be cast as long as there's a Meepo within 300 radius of yourself. Causes that Meepo to fling you towards a target within a 900AoE, dealing 100 damage and slowing their movement speed by 50%. Cooldown 18/16/14s Mana Cost: 100
Partially pierces spell immunity. Can target and fling Meepos onto spell immune enemies, but does not damage or debuff them.
Blocked by Linken's Sphere. Blocked fully only when primary target. Blocked upon impact.
Can be disjointed. Meepo immediately stops traveling along with the projectile when disjointed.
Buff modifier_meepo_divided_we_stand: Undispellable. Persists death.
Buff modifier_projectile_vision: Undispellable. Persists death.
Buff modifier_meepo_flung: Dispellable with death only.
Debuff modifier_meepo_fling_slow: Dispellable with any dispel.
Ability Draft Notes
Ability Draft Notes:
This ability is not available in Ability Draft.
Do I know you?


  • Unlike most other ultimates, Divided We Stand can be leveled up at level 4/11/18 instead of 6/12/18.
  • Upon leveling, the Meepo clones always spawn with full health and mana next to Meepo prime, even when leveling from a clone.
  • Meepo and his clones are represented each by an icon with health and mana bars for each on the top left corner of the screen.
    • When a Meepo is selected, its icon becomes brighter. When a Meepo takes damage, its icon blinks red.
  • Clones benefit from Talent talents bonuses, and from any attributes granted by items or buffs.
    • However, they do not benefit from any other stats from item bonuses (damage, health, armor, etc.).
    • This also means that Attribute Bonus and the strength talent are effectively applied twice on Meepo clones.
    • When Meepo prime loses attributes (e.g. to Decay or Glaives of Wisdom), the clones' attributes adapt.
    • However, Meepo clones themselves are still subject to attribute loss and the other Meepos do not adapt to a clone losing attributes.
  • When Meepo respawns with Reincarnation, all clones respawn next to the Meepo prime, and not at their death location.
  • The level 25 Talent talent automatically grants the extra Meepo clone and does not require Divided We Stand to be leveled.
  • With Aghanim's Shard icon.png Aghanim's Shard, Divided We Stand turns into an active ability. The passive effects are still present.
    • Can only be cast if there is another Meepo (clone or illusion) within 300 range of the casting Meepo.
    • Does not count already flung Meepos, so two Meepos together cannot fling each other at the same time.
    • The Meepo within that enables the cast plays a throw animation, but does not have any of its actions interrupted.
    • When cast, releases a projectile onto the target, which travels at a speed of 1000.
    • The casting Meepo also gets moved along with the projectile.
    • While being moved, the Meepo is fully disabled, untargetable and invulnerable.
    • If the movement gets interrupted, the Meepo is no longer disabled, untargetable and invulnerable.
    • The Meepo stops moving along with the projectile if it gets disjointed, if the distance between him and the target exceeds 2200, or when the Meepo dies.
    • However, once the projectile impacts, the Meepo still gets instantly teleported to its location.
    • The projectile first applies the damage, then the debuff.

Meepo Clones[]

Experience Gain
  • Meepo clones only gain 30% of all experience, so that the remaining 70% are either lost or gained by nearby allies.
  • This results in the following distribution of experience
    • 0 Allies: The clone gets 30%, the remaining 70% are lost.
    • 1 Ally: The clone gets 15%, the ally gets 85%.
    • 2 Allies: The clone gets 10%, the allies share 90%.
    • 3 Allies: The clone gets 7.5%, the allies share 92.5%.
    • 4 Allies: The clone gets 6%, the allies share 94%.
  • Having multiple Meepo clones within experience range does not stack their share up, it always remains at 30%.
  • However, the primary Meepo, who still gains 100% experience normally like other heroes, can take part of the remaining 70% experience as well.
  • This results in the following distribution of experience if the primary Meepo and a Meepo clone are within range
    • 0 Allies: Meepo gets the full 100%.
    • 1 Ally: Meepo gets 57.5%, the ally gets the remaining 42.5%.
    • 2 Allies: Meepo gets 40%, the allies share the remaining 60%.
    • 3 Allies: Meepo gets 30.63%, the allies share the remaining 69.38%.
    • 4 Allies: Meepo gets 24.8%, the allies share the remaining 75.2%.
  • Experience sharing for the Meepo Clones and their allies can be defined as:
Ability Interactions
  • Meepo clones are treated as heroes in most cases. There are a few exceptions:
    • The following abilities do not target Meepo clones:
    • Both Flesh Heap and Atrophy Aura gain a single stack from dying Meepo clones.
    • Decay steals strength from a single random Meepo within the area.
    • Duel grants the victory damage to the enemy only if the Dueled Meepo is the one that gets killed.
      • If the Dueled Meepo dies due to another Meepo dying, the enemy does not gain victory damage.
      • If a Meepo clone wins a Duel, they gain the victory damage as well, and keep it permanently. The other Meepos do not copy the damage.
    • Glaives of Wisdom's temporary intelligence steal does not work against Meepo clones.
      • When killing Meepo, he permanently steals intelligence from the Meepo prime only.
    • Track grants gold for each Meepo clone that got tracked.
    • Finger of Death gains a stack for each Meepo clone that died to its damage on a single cast.


Hero Talents
+1 Divided We Stand Clone25+375 Health
+8 Ransack Health Steal20-3s Earthbind Cooldown
+40 Poof Damage1515% Evasion
+20 Base Damage10+6 Strength attribute symbol.png Strength
  • This attack damage talent is added as base attack damage.
    • It benefits illusions, and is affected by every percentage-based damage increasing or reducing effects.
  • The evasion talent stacks multiplicatively with other sources of evasion.
  • The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.

Recent Changes[]

Main Article: Meepo/Changelogs
  • Reduced Strength attribute symbol.png strength gain from 1.8 to 1.6.
  • Reduced Agility attribute symbol.png agility gain from 1.8 to 1.6.
  • Poof
    • Changed damage type from magical to pure.
    • Reduced damage from 60/80/100/120 to 45/60/75/90.
  • Reworked Aghanim's Shard icon.png Aghanim's Shard upgrade:
    • Old: Allows Poof to be cast on allied heroes within 2000 range. Allies must be directly targeted.
    • New: Adds an active component to Divided We Stand.
Can be cast from any Meepo as long as there is another Meepo within range, causing the nearby Meepo to fling the casting Meepo towards the target, dealing damage and slowing their movement speed.
Cast time: 0.2
Cast range: 900
Meepo search radius: 300
Damage: 100
Movement speed slow: 50%
Slow duration: 3
Cooldown: 18/16/14
Notes: Can be cast by each Meepo independently. Only works if there is another Meepo clone within range of the casting Meepo. Launches a projectile that travels at a speed of 1000. The casting Meepo gets moved along with the projectile, and is fully disabled during this. Can be cast on spell immune enemies, but does not affect them on impact.
  • Talents:
Level 15 left talent: +50 Poof damage reduced to +40.
  • Reduced collision size from 24 to 8.
  • Poof
    • Increased radius from 375 to 400.
    • Reduced damage from 70/90/110/130 to 60/80/100/120.
  • Aghanim's Scepter icon.png Aghanim's Scepter upgrade:
    • Dig
      • Increased max health restored from 25% to 40%.
      • Increased duration from 3.5 to 4.
  • Reworked Aghanim's Shard icon.png Aghanim's Shard upgrade:
    • Old: Grants Ransack a 30% chance to apply a debuff on attacked enemies, dealing 20 damage per second and slowing movement speed by 20% for 4 seconds. Instances from multiple Meepos stack.
    • New: Allows Poof to be cast on allied heroes within 2000 range. Allies must be directly targeted.
  • Talents:
Level 10 left talent changed: +15 attack damage ➜ +20 base attack damage.
Level 15 left talent: +35 Poof damage increased to +50.
Level 25 right talent: +325 health increased to +375.
Digs into the ground for a short duration, dispelling debuffs and becoming invulnerable and untargetable. Restores health while in the ground.
Cast time: 0
Channel time: 0.75
Max health restore: 25%
Duration: 3.5
Mana cost: 150
Cooldown: 40
Notes: Cannot be cast while rooted. Health is restored in form of health regeneration.
  • Added Aghanim's Shard icon.png Aghanim's Shard upgrade for Meepo minimap icon.png Meepo:
    • Grants Ransack a 30% chance to apply a debuff on attacked enemies, dealing 20 damage per second and slowing movement speed by 20% for 4 sceonds. Instances from multiple Meepos stack.
  • Talents:
Level 15 left talent: +30 Poof damage increased to +35.
Level 20 left talent changed: 8% lifesteal ➜ +8 Ransack health steal.
Level 25 left talent changed: -4s Poof cooldown ➜ +1 Divided We Stand clone.

Recommended Items[]

Starting items:

  • Tango icon.png Tango provides basic health sustain, allowing Meepo to weather harass damage from his lane opponents.
  • Healing Salve icon.png Healing Salve restores large amount of health in the laning stage.
  • Iron Branch icon.png Iron Branch gives Meepo cheap attributes; you can use it with Tango to get more healing.
  • Quelling Blade icon.png Quelling Blade grants bonus damage against creeps for easy last hits.
  • Slippers of Agility icon.png Slippers of Agility gives cheap agility and build into Wraith Band later on.

Early game:

  • Boots of Speed icon.png Boots of Speed increase Meepo mobility in the early game to navigate to lanes and jungle.
  • Wraith Band icon.png Wraith Band gives all Meepos attributes, especially agility, at a cheap price.
  • Bracer icon.png Bracer is an alternative stat item to Wraith Band for when Meepo and his clones need survivability over damage.
  • Bottle (Full) icon.png Bottle gives sustain and stores runes for opportune moments. You can always Poof to fountain and back to refill Bottle.
  • Town Portal Scroll icon.png Town Portal Scroll, combined with Poof, gives Meepo strong global presence since he can spread his clones all around the map and Poof them to each other as needed.

Mid game:

  • Power Treads icon.png Power Treads provide attack speed and attributes to all Meepos, increasing Meepo's damage output and allowing him to attribute switch as needed to give his clones more health, mana, or damage. Because Meepo clones benefit fully from bonus attributes on Meepo prime, they effectively get twice the attribute boost from Power Treads (from both the shared attributes and the Power Treads they carry).
  • Diffusal Blade 1 icon.png Diffusal Blade gives all Meepos a good amount of bonus agility, but not Manabreak. Use the active Inhibit with Earthbind to make netting a lot easier to execute.
  • Blink Dagger icon.png Blink Dagger is a strong initiation item that greatly augments Meepo's mobility and lethality. By combining the Blink with a Poof from all clones, Meepo can offensively cast Poof in order to deal nuke damage and jump himself and his clones on top of an enemy.

Late game:

  • Boots of Travel 1 icon.png Boots of Travel combines extremely well with Poof to give Meepo enormous global mobility, as each clone has its own cooldown.
  • Ethereal Blade icon.png Ethereal Blade gives 40 agility and 10 strength to each clone, greatly increasing their damage output and granting them more health. The active can be used to save a clone from being focused down by physical attacks or to burst down enemies with Poof.
  • Scythe of Vyse icon.png Scythe of Vyse provides attributes that benefit all Meepos, and the active gives Meepo an instant hard-disable to use against targets who are too slippery to catch with Earthbind.

Situational items:

  • Dragon Lance icon.png Dragon Lance gives strength and agility so Meepo and clones can tank up as well as deal more damage.
  • Eye of Skadi icon.png Eye of Skadi gives Meepo bonus attributes, giving each clone more damage, attack speed, health, and mana, while letting the main Meepo slow enemies on hit.
  • Heart of Tarrasque icon.png Heart of Tarrasque, when purchased on Meepo, it greatly increases the survivability of all of Meepo's clones, as all of them will benefit from the item's strength attribute. This makes each clone much more resilient, allowing Meepo to survive for much longer in fights.
  • Aghanim's Scepter icon.png Aghanim's Scepter grants extra attributes and gives an extra saving ability to Meepo and each of his clones, that increases their effective health in a fight and allows to dodge nukes and disables when used properly.
  • Manta Style icon.png Manta Style grants attributes, especially Agility, to all Meepo clones. The illusions can be used as extra damage, decoys, or Poof targets, and will benefit from Divided We Stand's attribute sharing.


Roles: Carry Carry Escape Escape Nuker Nuker Disabler Disabler Initiator Initiator Pusher Pusher
Complexity: ★★★
Playstyle: A scavenger's life is not easy. It was one thing to Earthbind a potential meal, but quite another to handle the Riftshadow crystals that, upon breaking, could splinter one's soul. They are valuable, though. And that's what matters most to Meepo. Seldom seen alone, Meepo commands up to five separate bodies, completing multiple tasks in record time. Tired clones are sent home to rest, and once refreshed, quickly rejoins his brethren with a simple Poof. Draining foes and Ransacking fortresses, a swarm of angry, shovel-wielding Meepos can overwhelm even the mightiest of heroes.