|Mask of Madness|
|Once this mask is worn, its bearer becomes an uncontrollable aggressive force.|
- Does not interrupt the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- Since Juggernaut can use items during Omnislash, he can activate MoM immediately after starting Omnislash, increasing his damage output tremendously and synergizing well with Omnislash’s increased attack speed.
- In addition, the invulnerability negates the reduced armor for the duration, although it will remain for a short time after Omnislash ends.
- Once he jumps in with and places , Void can activate Berserk to increase damage output.
- Berserk combined with allows Luna to deal incredible damage across multiple enemies.
- The silence is negligible as Luna can open a fight with , and not being able to cast is only a minor inconvenience later on.
- Significantly boost her farming speed
- Great item to improve Medusa's farming speed. Since Medusa is a slow hero, the movement speed boost is useful to move from creepcamp to creepcamp faster.
- Later on into the game, the item can be disassembled into a which is a core item on Medusa. The can either be sold or be upgraded ito a Satanic.
- If the item is used in fights, make sure to time it with your ulti , since not casting your ulti can be disastrous.
- The attack speed increases the chances of triggering, allowing Sniper to deal more damage per second while keeping enemies at a distance.
- Sniper's long attack range from and the slows from both and make it harder for enemies to get close to him, making the reduced armor less of an issue.
- After using , , and , Sven has very high armor and does not need to cast more spells, allowing him to kill enemies easily with high damage and attack speed.
- Slardar can utilize this item by using on an enemy, activating Berserk and applying repeatedly, bashing the enemy almost right after the stun from the last bash is just finished.
- The lifesteal along with the helps slardar keep alive during situations where he's facing a hard hitting carry by himself.
- Berserk provides Terrorblade with a significant boost to pushing and farming speed. It can also be used in fights, but is slightly risky as it prevents the use of .
- The debuff does little to inconvenience Terrorblade as he has high armor and can use and beforehand.
- The attack speed allows Ursa to quickly apply stacks to the enemy while is not active, as well as increasing his farming speed.
- The damage reduction from , as well as Ursa's high Strength and overall tankiness, help Ursa mitigate the armor reduction.
- Mask of Madness provides bonus lifesteal on top of , and Berserk provides a significant increase to damage and movement speed.
- The debuff is negligible on Wraith King due to his tankiness and , and he can cast before using Berserk.
- Mask of Madness is the most cost-effective DPS and Attack Speed item in the game, costing only 14.79 gold per point of attack speed. The second best DPS item is the for an agility hero.
- Use your abilities before activating the Mask of Madness, particularly if you have a disable such as a stun.
- The active is extremely useful while farming. Taking more physical damage is negligible when simply running between lanes or hitting lane or jungle creeps, especially when the item itself provides sustain by its lifesteal.
- In general, an early Mask of Madness is more useful for farming than fighting. Without other damage and survivability items to back it up, the lifesteal alone will not be enough to sustain you in a teamfight.
- Mask of Madness can be disassembled in later stages of the game to help a hero build a , an or an from the Quarterstaff and a or a from the Morbid Mask.
- : the critical attacks will allow to lifesteal especially against damage block and evasion.
- : protects you from targeted disablers and nukes along the duration.
- : somewhat negates the armor loss along the duration, can be used when MoM is on cooldown.
- : negates armor loss and forces enemy to use a disabler on you to get away, must be activated when their disablers are on cooldown.
- : will add attack speed with damage bonus and true strike, being ideal against evasion and highly armored enemies. Given you
- : can negate MoM's armor reduction and MoM's lifesteal will negate health drain of Armlet for Strength heroes. It will also increases temporally your EHP.
- : will cast the static lightning very often and will deter anyone from casting or focusing on you. It is useful against illusions, for pushing and farming.
- Bash. The movement speed allows you to chase and the bash prevents your prey from hitting you back effectively. : the high attack speed of the Mask of Madness synergize with the chance based
- : will protect you from being focused while the Mask of Madness is active.
- : it allows you to move at or close to the maximum movement speed. Activate the Mask of Madness before going invisible. It can also be used to escape.
- : will return the damage you take, the armor reduction debuff will make you return more damage than you deal.
- : will disarm your enemy, can disarm for 5 seconds a ranged hero (3 seconds against a melee).
- : will make the enemy unable to attack for 3.5 seconds, escaping and using a Black King Bar.
- : the damage block is efficient against the low damage of the Mask of Madness.
- or : will slow your enemy, it's more effective to get it on a ranged hero against a melee hero.
- : the root is powerful against a melee hero.
- : disable and dispel the Berserk effect and allowing you to escape or retaliate afterwards.
- , , and : can be used to outrange an enemy.
Main Article: Mask of Madness/Changelogs