|A simple wand used to channel magic energies, it is favored by apprentice wizards and great warlocks alike.|
- Interrupts the caster's channeling abilities upon cast.
- Gains 1 charge whenever a visible enemy unit, including neutral creeps, uses an ability within 1200 radius.
- Does not gain charges from toggle abilities, active attack modifiers and the abilities listed here.
- Does not gain charges from passively triggered abilities (e.g. , ) either.
- Does not gain charges when an enemy casts an ability while breaking out from invisibility (e.g. ).
- Illusions cannot gain charges.
- When having multiple
-based items in the inventory, only the oldest one will gain charges from cast abilities. If it is full, the second oldest one starts gaining charges.
- All current charges are carried over when upgrading Magic Stick-based items.
- Shares cooldown with and .
Fragile support heroes often purchase a Magic Stick in the early game as a means to save themselves during ganks, or gain enough mana to use one last ability.
- Magic Sticks allows the user to get a quick burst of healing, or to use one last ability in a fight. Even during the midgame, when the boost is less noticeable, a Magic Stick can still save lives or ensure kills.
- The Magic Stick makes an excellent item against heroes that spam abilities while in the lane, as the charges can help to mitigate taken damage, or to cast more of own abilities. It is very versatile, and most of the time a good item to have.
Main Article: Magic Stick/Changelogs