|Increases attack and speed with every spell.|
|Like her younger sister, Lina's elemental affinity was the source of many headaches. Sent south to live with a patient aunt, she learned to master her Fiery Soul in the blazing Desert of Misrule. Channeling the breath of Desert Wyrms, she unleashes her Dragon Slave to burn a path before her. Attuned to fire, Lina ignites the ground, incinerating foes in a Column of Flame. Even the hardiest of heroes fear the Slayer's signature spell — The Laguna Blade. Focusing every bit of heat around her, Lina fires a condensed bolt of white-hot energy, instantly evaporating her opponent with minimal struggle or effort.|
|Roles:||Support Carry Nuker Disabler|
- Dragon Slave travels at a speed of 1200, taking 0.9 seconds to travel the full distance.
- With the travel distance and end radius, it can hit units up to 1275 range away.
- The complete area is shaped like a cone.
- For how much damage Dragon Slave deals with each amount of chart below. stacks on each level, please refer to the
- Light Strike Array first applies the debuff, then the damage.
- Destroys trees within its radius after the effect delay.
- The visual effects and the sound during the 0.5-second effect delay are only visible and audible to allies.
- Lina has two different animations for this ability, leading to two possible cast backswing durations.
- For how much damage Light Strike Array deals with each amount of chart below. stacks on each level, please refer to the
- Gains a stack whenever one of Lina's abilities deal damage to enemies (before reductions).
- Does not trigger on active item abilities, on abilities with 0 cooldown, or on abilities which do not trigger on-cast effects.
- The stacks share a duration, gaining a new instance refreshes the entire stack.
- This is how much bonus movement speed and attack speed Fiery Soul grants respectively, up to stacks on each level:
- 2 Stacks:
- 3 Stacks:
- 4 Stacks:
- 5 Stacks:
- 6 Stacks:
- 7 Stacks:
- With , it also increases the damage of Lina's abilities by a flat with each amount of stacks.
- Places a debuff on the target, which applies the damage upon expiring. The debuff lasts 0.25 seconds.
- For how much damage Laguna Blade deals with each amount of chart below. stacks on each level, please refer to the
Fiery Soul Calculations
|+125 Attack Range||25||-25sCooldown|
|+15/1%Per Stack||20||+11% Spell Amplification|
Main Article: Lina/Changelogs
- Now gains a stack whenever Lina's abilities deal damage to enemies, instead of upon casting abilities.
- Increased max stacks from 3 to 7.
- Increased stacks duration from 12 to 15.
- Reduced movement speed bonus per stack from 4%/5%/6%/7% to 1.5%/2%/2.5%/3%.
- Reduced attack speed bonus per stack from 30/50/70/90 to 10/20/30/40.
- Old: Removes 's 0.25s effect delay, reduces its mana cost by 100, increases its cast range by 250 and turns it into a ground-targeted ability, traveling the full distance and hitting every enemy unit that comes within 125 range of it. [ ]
- New: Causes to increase the damage of Lina's abilities by 10 per stack. [ ]
- Level 20 left talent: +30/+2% attack/movement speed per stack reduced to +15/+1%.
- restores health to keep Lina in lane.
- gives attributes so Lina can get last hits.
- provides cheap attributes; it also gives more healing out of Tango.
- sustains mana so Lina can keep using abilities, threatening enemies more.
- is useful since Lina is squishy and has multiple high-cost low-cooldown spells picking up Magic Stick can increase her early staying power greatly.
- helps Lina get into position to land her abilities while avoiding danger zones.
- is a common pickup for Lina when playing in the mid lane.
- 's attack damage complements Fiery Soul to increase Lina's damage output.
- is a viable alternative, especially for a more support oriented Lina.
- can solve Lina's mana issues while also improving her low HP pool. With enough charges, she can keep up her full stacks of Fiery Soul without having to worry about being out of mana during the next team fight.
- enhances Lina's positioning even further and greatly boosts her mana-regeneration because of her high base Intelligence and Intelligence gain. It can also be used to set up Light Strike Array fairly reliably.
- gives Lina the ability to stay back in safety, then blink in at an opportune moment to cast her Light Strike Array before the enemy can see it coming and evade it.
- Black King Bar users in the mid or late game. roughly boosts Lina's Laguna Blade damage by another ability point, increases her survivability because of the increase to her attributes, and lets her damage stay relevant even against
- improves her own positioning and all attributes for relatively low cost and also benefits her team.
- can be useful for a carry Lina, as it helps her to cast Light Strike Array while invisible, and also provides her with an escape mechanism.
- gives her team an important disable that also helps to ensure she lands Light Strike Array. Furthermore, its attribute bonuses will make her a bit more survivable and drastically improve her mana regeneration.
- provides a good damage boost when playing as a semi-carry Lina, and can be upgraded to .
- is sometimes picked up when Lina is carrying, especially against teams with many disables.
- Shiva's Guard's aura and active ability. both helps with Lina's mana regeneration problems as well as her low armor value while also benefiting her team with
- provides Lina with a larger mana pool that becomes more important as teamfights expand and Laguna Blade becomes more mana-intensive, as well as a significant boost to her low HP pool. Its active effect can also greatly assist in landing her stun, and has a low enough cooldown to do so almost as soon as Light Strike Array comes off cooldown again.
- 's extra range gives more survival potential in teamfights. Also, it gives a huge intelligence boost, as well as a greater ability to spam spells.
- is a decent luxury item if the farm is available. It allows Lina to amplify her magical nukes, and slows enemies to help her land them. Using the active on herself is also a good escape mechanism against late game carries.
- The original Lina Inverse "The Slayer" was modeled after the main character from the novels/anime/manga Slayers where  , and are all spells used by the original Lina Inverse.
- Lina's line ▶️ "Better to burn out than fade away" is a reference to the Neil Young song, My, My, Hey, Hey.
- The line also appears in the suicide note of Kurt Cobain.
- The line ▶️ "Turn me over... I'm done." is a reference to Lawrence of Rome who was roasted alive on a giant grill and joked, "Turn me over — I'm done on this side."
- Lina's rival response towards ▶️ "Why'd you stop? This isn't Batrider country." is a reference to a line in the movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
- In older versions of DotA, Lina was a male hero that used the Blood Mage model, also used by the Invoker. In these versions, Lina was known as Link Inverse.
- Lina's line ▶️ "It's not the heat, it's the humiliation." is a reference to "It's not the heat, it's the humidity." a quote from Yogi Berra.
- Lina's coils around her neck are possibly a representation of Kayan Lahwi women in Myanmar, who are also referred to as "dragon women".