|Places||Heart of Nature|
Leshrac, the Tormented Soul, is the elemental guardian of the evil truth of all creation beyond our benighted comprehension. With the elements of nature and the Chronoptic energies of nature's blasted core at his beck and call, the pristine natural world will soon mirror its horrifying counterpart as he ushers it to chaos, decay, and suffering.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Personality and Mannerisms
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Other Characteristics
- 5 Friendships and rivalries
- 6 External Links
- 7 References
Motives of Chaos and Imbalance
Leshrac often speaks of a state of utter chaos, which he seeks to achieve by tipping the balance of our world. In order to topple the balance of this world, he must bring the most to this world and its inhabitants. He achieves this by nature itself, twisting it into a world (just like its blasted core) and utilizing whatever resource he has for the purpose of achieving imbalance. Those who are unfortunate enough to be sentient and are destroyed alongside the world that they dwell in, plus they are treated with a trip to the heart of all existence to see the unpleasant truth of nature, alongside other twisted intentions that Leshrac has in store. He also states that he must restore this state of imbalance, implying that it has already existed before and he is merely bringing it back.
There are several reasons that motivate him to do all of these awful stuff. First of all, this Tormented Soul feels  However, what really drives him to do such foul deeds is his thirst for dark knowledge. Still from learning the horrifying mystery at the heart of nature that altered him into the being that he is today, Leshrac desires an " " which he believes may allow him to learn this worse mysteries hidden by the Impurities at the heart of existence.to share his torment to others. Not only by inflicting suffering to those who cross his path, but by unlocking the innate torment that everyone has within them by enlightening them with the horrible truth of nature—the very same way he realized that his whole existence is a torment.
Perhaps this is what motivates him to participate in the war of the Ancients. Should he fail, he will be sentenced to what might possibly be a state of never-ending torment.
Personality and Mannerisms
- Knowing that the truth of all nature is torment, suffering and decay, Leshrac's inherent actions reflect this dark philosophy. To cause the most torment and suffering as possible he shares his torments with others through his Chronoptic energies so that everyone can learn the true torment that they were once to. As for bringing about the most decay as possible, he does this by blasting and blighting nature. His  and stems from this belief, especially for torment and suffering.
- Leshrac is a nihilist. His brand of nihilism is unspecified, but he rejects the belief that Nature reserves a reward for the  He may have attained this nihilism from the fact that doing good means nothing when he has seen what the evil truth of reality really has in store for them. He desires an " ", which he believes will allow him to learn the worse mysteries hidden by the Impurities. and has no use for those who believe that.
- His brand of wisdom is also said to be  This also makes him a pessimist philosopher. , which may be further proof of his nihilism.
- Leshrac seems to be proud of his four legged body,  He sees the form of the Enchantress as a disgrace to four legs for some reason. beings who only have two legs. In addition to that, he reviles beings with physical abnormalities.
- He is so twisted from his former normal self that he feels Puck, who is also alien to nature. in the natural world. He relates this with
- This self-knowledge of him being the only entity who sees the truth of reality has made him arrogant, if he was not like that before his transformation. He even humiliates others upon killing them but realizes his humility upon dying. His tendency to humiliate others might be a part of his .
- Leshrac is generally an unhappy creature. His twisted mind is often in a state of  sometimes producing agonizing that painfully on his physical form.  Compared to most Heroes who cheerfully and confidently declare " ", he says it with no , as if he was forced to say it. He also hates fun. ,
- According to a rogue aspect of the Spectre, Leshrac has an that they consider insignificant. Perhaps this anger comes from his own state of torment or he is angry because he often attacks others angrily, such as reviling and them. Not to mention that most of his voice lines have a raised voice.
Leshrac is the self-proclaimed guardian of the Impurities. On some occasions, he gives them of gold for unknown reasons. It is also unknown what use do the Impurities have for gold. He the Impurities with his actions, possibly to show his devotion to them. Lastly, he seeks an " " which he believes will allow him to learn the worse mysteries that they hide.
This evil nihilistic creature is disliked and reviled by many people. By his own word, he is a mass murderer and may have committed genocide.
Leshrac once did something to a woman acquainted with Pangolier, angering him greatly. While Donté let him live at that time, he swore an oath to kill Leshrac in revenge, if he ever saw him again. It's interesting to note that Leshrac's nihilism, which encompasses torment and suffering, clashes against Donté's .
Hoodwink doesn't like Leshrac. She seems to be familiar with his kind and is surprised to see him besides the others that she has met, and she has a very bad relationship with an unnamed female character who will get mad at her for killing Leshrac.
Leshrac's previous form from when he was still a philosopher is unknown, but a Oglodi people. It's also worth noting that the Oglodi were once an intellectual race consisting of artists and philosophers, the latter of whom Leshrac was possibly a part of given his background.of his former appearance can be still be seen in his current form. His face is a good indicator of what he used to be–his most notable facial features are his wide, flat nose and blank yellow eyes–features that can be seen on the
Transformed into an evil elemental by the horrifying mystery at the heart of nature, Leshrac is at one with this and vile nature. His form resembles that of a Centaur's body, but its features are twisted and unnatural. Stony outgrowths form his weird looking antlers and the shoulder growths on his equine torso. Unlike the front legs of a horse and other his front legs have can bend towards and away from his body. He has three-toed hooves and there are markings all over his form, of which we know nothing about its meaning. A being, he exists half in the material plane and half in its heart. His body emits a faint glow at all times. Like the horses and other similar ungulates that his form is based from, he may sometimes the ground in his idle animation.
His physical form bears host to the same Chronoptic Crystals that allowed him to see the heart of all reality. These crystals out of his back, his shoulders, and the back of his skull by default. They are pink or purple in color, and may be the source of his Chronoptic power. The crystals on the back of his head may multiply and grow even longer, replacing his own antlers. These woeful spires are nourished by the waves of Chronoptic energy that passes through his warped mind.
This unnatural form can be warped further by his  Leshrac's , thoughts and foul deeds have made him the host of an evil growth of vines, a twisted kind of wisdom that feeds and thrives off of those three aspects of Leshrac.will. For example, Leshrac's agonizing insights can manifest beyond the mind and onto his body, causing them to burst from deep within. These painful insights manifest as spiky outgrowths that burst out of his flesh, sharing the agony of his mind to the body as well.
A sip of the tainted waters from his nature has irreparably corrupted his body with a motley of unnatural mutations. The corruption has caused a growth of branches on his arms, which he uses to channel great power through them. There is an unnatural growth of stone-hard fungus on his shoulders and back, and his tail has been transformed into a weapon that "pulses desolation" probably referring to his Pulse Nova. The effect has reached his curved horns as well, which permanently corrupts the souls of anyone who touches them.
Death and Immortality
It's interesting to notice that Leshrac's life can be learned through his death and rebirth. Just like all living creatures, Leshrac's heart holds a spark of life that will fade when he dies. But unlike other living creatures, the life that was given to him by the Impurities is unnatural, and thus even his death is unnatural. Perhaps, his death is unnatural to him since he is reviled by Death itself, a natural end to all living things. Or maybe death purifies impure entities like him because death ends his torment, an inherent impurity deeply rooted within him by the elements that compose him. However, his death isn't permanent, and he returns to the foulest heart of nature when he dies to reform himself.
We learn from this regeneration process that Leshrac is composed of the impure elements known as the Impurities, confirming his status as an elemental. We also learn that Leshrac is immortal because death doesn't send him to the afterlife (e.g. the Underscape, the Seven Hells, the heavens, etc.) like any other being. He is reviled and rejected by Death for being so unnatural, thus he is sent back to his cloister at the heart of nature instead when he dies before restoring his life and physical form from there.
Outside of his gameplay abilities, Leshrac's elemental powers seem to focus on  until they are reduced to their fundamental elements. He may also rid other beings of their fundamental elements, and banish their physical form back to the heart of nature where they will meet the Impurities and merge with them  to realize the torment that they always had but were oblivious to all along. Because of all this, he is called "the impurifier" whose purpose includes purging the elements.  It's interesting to note that this so-called "impurifier" kills people by purifying them. Ah, the duality of Leshrac.the of other beings
Even our natural world isn't safe from him. Leshrac warps nature to his vile will to blight and blast his surroundings. It is possible that all of these destructive actions against nature and its inhabitants can help him achieve his ultimate goal of bringing the world into utter  and chaos.
Leshrac's mastery of the elements and the Chronoptic Crystals allows him to effortlessly manipulate the natural world around him as his weapon. This makes him a powerful being who can destroy entire armies and demolish nature itself with his mere presence.
Twisting nature to his vile will, a 
- Leshrac states that he breaks the " With the aforementioned meaning of "bones" in that voice line, it is possible that this spell breaks deep into the earth layers that compose the structure or the skeleton of the planet itself, compromising the very structure of the earth and damaging it greatly. of earth" when he uses this ability.
- This ability is said to be an act of revenge from the earth itself, for reasons unknown.
- When he is equipped with a staff Chronoptic Crystal, he can call upon more of these crystals from the ground below, breaking the earth in the process. Just like what they did to Leshrac, the crystal's powers can bring eternal torment to others. with a shard of haunted
Also known as "Edict of Death" to himself, his moves Chronoptic energy from one plane to another, manifesting bursts of said energy which anything it touches. This evil decree shares Leshrac's impure torment to others.
- The sounds made by its bursts of Chronoptic energies share the same sounds with Pulse Nova's energy waves, suggesting that both abilities utilize Chronoptic energy to work their power. This is evident in the yellow-orange and pink-purple color of the Edict's energy, a set of colors that can be found in other depictions of Chronoptic energy.
Leshrac ignites a spark in the skies to summon a massive  that rains down streaks of lightning upon entire enemy armies. These lightning bolts are very and can ignite enemies upon impact. The lightning's unnatural color may be from his chronoptic energy, but purple lightning is natural in real life, so it might not be the case for this one.
has no lore to describe what it does outside of gameplay, besides it being a reference to his nihilosophy.
The body of Leshrac pulsates with waves of damaging energy in a luminous
- His transformed and weaponized tail pulses desolation, which might be referring to this ability.
- The sounds produced by its waves of energy share the same sounds with the energy blasts of his Edict, suggesting that both abilities use Chronoptic energies to work their powers.  This is evident in the orange and pink color of Pulse Nova's energy, colors that can also be seen in the Chronoptic energy of Split Earth (see picture above) and Diabolic Edict.
- Supporting this is an unused voiceline for his Pulse Nova which describes it as an "impure impulse" which implies that its energy is impure.
Friendships and rivalries
Allies meeting Leshrac
- ▶️ Ah, we four-legged travelers must stick together.
- ▶️ The less you talk to me the better.
- ▶️ Let's just get this over with Leshrac.
- ▶️ I think you need some alone time, Leshrac. It did wonders for me.
- ▶️ Move along.
- ▶️ Stick with me, Leshrac, and we'll go far.
- ▶️ ▶️ Great. Another old guy that throws lightning around.
- ▶️ ▶️ Just try not to electrocute me, okay Leshrac?
- ▶️ I let you live before, Leshrac. But forgiveness will not come easily.
- ▶️ I don't know what's come over me, fighting beside the likes of you...
- ▶️ You take that foul mood n' keep it to yourself, mister.
- ▶️ Leshrac, a fellow walker between the planes.
- ▶️ They will share in your torture, Leshrac.
- ▶️ Yes, that's one way to look at the universe, Leshrac, but I'd argue it's a bit of a stretch.
Enemies killing Leshrac
- ▶️ You were unworthy of your form.
- ▶️ Like a centaur, only weaker, and ugly.
- ▶️ I'm a mischief maker... not a sadist.
- ▶️ You're a blight on this world, Leshrac!
- ▶️ Nice rack, Leshrac!
- ▶️ You could've joined me, Leshrac. Such a waste.
- ▶️ Wait there's one of you here too?!
- ▶️ Bro she is not going to be happy that I killed you. Oh well, she already had it out for me anyway.
- ▶️ ▶️ It's all over Leshrac!
- ▶️ ▶️ Begone Leshrac!
- ▶️ Leshrac, now the earth splits you.
- ▶️ Leshrac. Is Le Dead…hee hee hee hee!
- ▶️ That was for her…
- ▶️ Have you forgotten my oath, Leshrac? This time is the next time.
- ▶️ A pitiful display of lightning.
- ▶️ ▶️ Your tormented soul will shine in my collection.
- ▶️ A no-count life ends in a no-count death.
- ▶️ Want a cookie, Leshrac? Obviously I'm joking.
- ▶️ Leshrac, I expected more from a fellow walker between the planes.
- ▶️ Your torment ends.
- ▶️ What other end could one such as you meet?
- ▶️ Before this day has ended, you will fall beneath the shadow of a soul far more tormented than your own.
- ▶️ ▶️ Defend your beard!
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Such disorder.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ All is chaos.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Swiftly out of balance.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Imbalance demands it.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ I come to tip the balance!
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Ah ha ha! A world out of balance!
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Your desolation and the world's are one.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ A blight on the land.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ I blast the land.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Ah, all in service to imbalance.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ See nature's blasted core.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ I shall restore the imbalance.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Every moment of existence is a torment to me…and to all others, if only they saw the truth.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ An end to it all is all I desire, that I might learn what worse mysteries the Impurities veil.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Torments neverending!
- Leshrac response: ▶️ The truth of nature is torment, suffering and decay. But only the wisest see this—which is to say, only Leshrac.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Torment!
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Cruelly so.
- Leshrac's biography: He alone sees the evil truth of reality, and has no use for those who believe the cosmos reserves a special reward for those who practice benevolence..
- Tail of Twisted Wisdom description.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Despair.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ To a future of grief.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Two legged abomination.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Two legged freak!
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Enchantress, you're a disgrace to four legs.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Puck, we're both strangers in this strange land.
- Puck response: ▶️ What is this nature you speak of?
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Be humbled.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Have a little humility.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ I am humbled.
- Horns of Twisted Wisdom description.
- Armor of Twisted Wisdom description.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ I suppose it's in the bag!
- The Toy Butcher response: ▶️ You know how to dance, Leshrac, but seem to hate fun. What's wrong anyway?
- Phantom Advent response: ▶️ Insignificant ire.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Mm ah hurrur!
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Reviled!
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Reviled.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Impugned.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Guardian of the Impurities, I return.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ A tithe to the Impurities.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ By the Impurities, I come.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ By the Impurities.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ I kneel to no one.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Nature's darkest agent, and a return to form.
- Grimstroke response: ▶️ You could've joined me, Leshrac. Such a waste.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ A thousand of your kind have fallen before me.
- Pangolier response: ▶️ That was for her…
- Pangolier response: ▶️ Have you forgotten my oath, Leshrac? This time is the next time.
- Pangolier response: ▶️ I let you live before, Leshrac. But forgiveness will not come easily.
- Hoodwink response: ▶️ Wait, there's one of you here too?!
- Hoodwink response: ▶️ Bro, she is not going to be happy that I killed you. Oh well, she already had it out for me anyway.
- Artifact Card: Red Mist Maul
- Leshrac's default model.
- Tormented Crown description.
- Vines of Twisted Wisdom description.
- Roots of Sundering description.
- Plates of Sundering description.
- Tail of Sundering description.
- Rack of Sundering description.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ My spark fades.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ An unnatural life, but I'll take it.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Life from witless elements.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Unnatural death.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Even death reviles me.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ The impurifier…purified.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Tormented no more.
- Visage response: ▶️ Your torment ends.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ The elements of my nature are in torment.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ To nature's foulest cloister, I return.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ To solitude I return.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ My elements realign.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ The Impurities unite in me.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Reconstituted.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Your form debases.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Reduced to your elements.
- Leshrac response: ▶️
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Sweet .
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Your elements purged.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Your form returns from whence it came.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Back to the Impurities.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ You merge with the Impurities.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Who'll purge the elements now?
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Soiled!
- Leshrac response: ▶️ I crack the bones of earth!
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Earth's revenge.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Enemy of earth!
- Tormented Staff description.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Edict of Death!
- Diabolic Edict's and Pulse Nova's target sounds.
- Leshrac response: ▶️ The spark ignites a storm!
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Ignite them!
- Leshrac response: ▶️ Impure impulse!