Tresdin, the Legion Commander, is a melee strength hero fitting the role of carry. A highly mobile and somewhat tanky hero, her skillset and gameplay revolve mainly around killing off targets and especially backliners and supports, with her ultimate, Duel. Each successful Duel grants Tresdin permanent bonus damage. Though she is extremely skilled in "fair" one-on-one fights, Tresdin suffers when outnumbered and must choose her engagements carefully. A successful midgame sees her roaming the map, collecting kills and developing into a fearsome carry, so that by lategame she need no longer rely on duel to destroy any enemies that venture too close. Though potentially an extremely powerful hero, she must be played with premeditation and good decision-making to reach her full potential.
- The percentage bonus damage to summons is dealt before the base and bonus damage and only taken by units which were created by an ability.
- Total damage when hitting a certain amount of heroes, with no other units nearby (before reductions):
- 1 Hero: 70/120/170/220 ( ) total damage.
- 2 Heroes: 100/180/260/340 ( ) damage to each hero, 200/360/520/680 ( ) total damage.
- 3 Heroes: 130/240/350/460 ( ) damage to each hero, 390/720/1050/1380 ( ) total damage.
- 4 Heroes: 160/300/440/580 ( ) damage to each hero, 640/1200/1760/2320 ( ) total damage.
- 5 Heroes: 190/360/530/700 ( ) damage to each hero, 950/1800/2650/3500 ( ) total damage.
- The initial part of the ability's sound effect plays during the cast animation and is audible to everyone.
- The buff from multiple casts of Overwhelming Odds does not stack but gets refreshed instead.
- The movement speed bonus gets updated on each cast based on how many targets were hit.
- If Legion Commander is victorious in a , Press the Attack based on its current level is applied on her.
- With spell immunity to the target.
, Press the Attack also grants
- Press the Attack first applies the buff, and then the spell immunity buff.
- The spell immunity granted does not apply a spell immunity dispel on the target. Therefore certain debuffs (e.g. ) only dispellable by spell immunity are not removed.
- With the level 25 talent, Press the Attack turns into an area-targeted ability, so that it cannot directly target units anymore.
- ↓↓ Double-tapping centers the radius around Legion Commander.
- Aghanim's Shard upgrade notes fully apply.
- The Press The Attack passive cast by winning a Duel still only affects self.
- Only procs when a unit starts an attack against Legion Commander, regardless of distance.
- This means canceled or missed attacks can proc it as well.
- Upon proccing, Legion Commander receives a buff, which grants her 1000 attack speed and lifesteal.
- This buff lasts for 1 second, or until she lands an attack on an enemy, whichever is shorter. Missed attacks do not count.
- If the ability procs while already attacking, Legion Commander performs an instant attack on the current attack target instead.
- Stacks additively with other sources of lifesteal.
- Cannot lifesteal off of wards, buildings and allied units.
- Moment of Courage uses pseudo-random distribution.
- Provides True Sight over both duelists for both teams, so that invisibility cannot prevent them from attacking each other (does not pierce True Sight immunity).
- Duel's taunt has priority over all other taunts, meaning other taunts cannot make dueling units change their targets.
- Dueling units can be targeted, but not moved by , or .
- Grants both duelists unobstructed pathing, so they can move through cliffs, trees, and other units.
- Duel ends instantly when the distance between the duelists exceeds 2000 at any point during it, resulting in no victor.
- A unit wins the duel if their opponent dies before the duel ends. If both duelists survive the duel, there is no victor.
- A victorious duelist does not need to have landed the last hit. Their opponent may be killed by enemies or neutrals, or denied by allies or themselves.
- A victorious duelist gains bonus damage as long as their opponent is a hero (excluding illusions and the ), and dies (or enters ). However, there are a few exceptions.
- The dueled target does not gain the bonus damage if the duel caster dies to 's shatter, but the caster does if the target shatters instead.
- The dueled target does not gain the bonus damage if they were hidden by or as the caster died, but the caster does if the target was affected instead.
- Killing grants the bonus damage only when the dueled Meepo dies from taking damage. If another Meepo dies during the duel, no damage is granted.
- The victor of a duel gains bonus damage even when the victim had Reincarnation.
- If Legion Commander is victorious,
based on its current level is applied on her.
- Press the Attack notes fully apply. The talent does not apply, but the upgrade fully applies.
- Can be cast on illusions. While illusions get bonus damage from winning such duels, real heroes do not gain damage for defeating illusions.
- Hero clones can gain damage individually as well. However, the Tempest Double loses it upon respawning. keep their victory damage permanently.
- If two enemy heroes are linked by
and Duel is cast, Legion Commander gains bonus damage for any and all heroes that die during the duel.
- The order of death does not matter as Duel simultaneously affects both heroes. However, Legion Commander only attacks the main dueled target. This link can result in doubled duel damage if both enemies die.
- If any enemy creep-hero is linked as a secondary target by Soulbind and duel is cast, the creep-hero gets dueled and the winner gains the bonus damage.
|400 AoE||25||+30Damage Bonus|
|+8%Proc Chance||20||+30 Movement Speed|
|+75Hero Damage||15||+40HP Regen|
- Reduced cooldown reduction from 3 to 2.
- Increased turn rate from 0.5 to 0.6.
- Increased radius from 330 on each level to 330/340/350/360.
- No longer grants the caster spell immunity.
- Now also reduces cooldown by 20.
- Reduced incoming damage reduction from 100% to 50%.
- Old: While , every 2 seconds the current level of is cast centered on a random enemy unit within 900 radius of Legion Commander. Does not center on the same target twice and prioritizes heroes.
- New: Reduces spell immunity. cooldown by 3 seconds and causes it to grant 1.75 seconds of
- Level 15 left talent changed: -9s cooldown ➜ +75 damage per hero.
- is great for regenerating vs low damage harrassment or trading in lane.
- is useful for a big burst of early lane regen.
- are a great choice since it gives you burst mana and gives passive HP regeneration. Don't be afraid to fly more of these on the courier, they are very cost effective and can give instant mana without having to be out of the lane for 50 seconds with a clarity!
- is a necessary first item as any core melee hero so you jungle and get as many creep kills as possible to get as much gold to build your items up. It also increases your jungling, both in speed and efficiency.
- can be a great item in harder lanes where you need extra stats and magic resistance and just to increase farming speed in the jungle.
- are an amazing choice for early survivability vs physical damage, unit walking and easier time catching up to people after using Overwhelming Odds.
- is the usual initiation tool for a Duel to build on Legion Commander.
- Huskar, Sven, or Ursa. It's also great against ranged enemy carries in particular, since they may be able to attack and kite Legion Commander before she even approaches melee range to start counterattacking, but they tend to be very fragile, such as Drow Ranger, Windranger, or Sniper. can help deal more damage during Duels when the Duel target can easily out-damage Legion Commander, such as
- is an all-rounded useful tool to avoid disables. Although it's less needed for spell immunity during Duels if you already have Aghanim's Scepter, it can provide a secondary source of spell immunity if needed.
- is usually the correct choice because it can be a good initiation tool for Legion Commander if the enemy are farming apart and are not playing as a team since it means you will have an easier time gap closing without being spotted. Blink Dagger is generally much better but Shadow Blade and it's upgrade , can definitely have their worth in some matches when passives need to be disabled for you to win Duels or contribute to fights.
- is beneficial when your team has low tower push capability or needs better physical damage resistance. The armor reduction and bonus attack speed are very helpfull during duels.
- boosts Legion Commander’s farming speed a lot since Moment of Courage can proc Chain Lightning. Mjollnir’s active, Static Shield furthers this while also increasing damage output during Duels and/or team fights. In addition, the raw attack speed and damage are always welcome on Legion Commander.
- is a straight damage dps increase, it's good if you are ahead and are against enemy heroes with very low health pools or no ways to negate the effects of the Desolator.
- is great when you need a reliable lockdown without the reliance on Duel, usually when you have a lot of bonus damage from said ability. It also makes you much more tanky with the Vanguard component and is an overall great 4 or 5th item on Legion Commander.
- is great when snowballing and if you are targeted by many disables and items since you will become magic immune during Duel and only take damage of that enemy.
- strength, status resistance, and evasion. Use the active ability to the target you want to Duel to let you have more chance to win the Duel. It can pop enemies' before using Duel. increases your survivability by giving you
- evasion as Legion Commander requires right clicking later on. is always good against enemies who have any form of
- you should consider getting this once you have gained some respectable Duel damage, it grants a huge boost to your attack speed that paired with Press the Attack will melt down enemies during Duels; can be consumed to gain half it's bonus and free an slot.
- turns Aghanim's Scepter into a passive buff, lossing the attribute bonuses but providing the same ability upgrades freing an inventory slot.
|Roles:||Carry Disabler Initiator Durable Nuker|
|Playstyle:||Renowned for her intrepid defense of Stonehall, the commander of the Bronze Legion swore a brutal vengeance upon its abyssal invaders. The call of Tresdin's horn heals and hastens her soldiers, inspiring them to Press the Attack. Faced with Overwhelming Odds, the commander calls down a spread of arrows from the archers of Stonehall. But above all, Tresdin relishes the Duel. Locked in single combat, she counterstrikes instinctively, slashing twice in the time her opponent takes to swing once. With each victory claimed, the Legion Commander adds to her strength, scaling her potential upwards without limit.|
- The transition of content from DotA to Dota 2 involved a change in gender for Legion Commander, despite the character and ability names remaining unchanged. She still makes references to her old characterization in a collection of lines when engaging certain heroes:
- When engaging heroes with mounts, she will often express her jealousy or interest for them (▶️ "I like your mount."). Her hero model in DotA rode a mount.
- She also comments on facial hair when dueling or killing certain heroes (▶️ "Nice mustache."). Her DotA hero model had a mustache.
- In DotA, her counterpart often expressed his distrust for anything which was not human. This is heavily expanded in Dota 2, where Legion Commander will instead express her distrust for numerous roles or states of being, instead of a single racial entity, in a bulk of her rival hero taunts.
- Tresdin's response, ▶️ "War. War always changes." is a reference to the signature Fallout quote, "War. War never changes."
- Her response, ▶️ "You won't win the war by dying for your Ancient. You'll win by making the other dumb, unfed bastard die for theirs!" is a reference to the popular George S. Patton quote: "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- The horn sound effect when deploying ▶️ utilizes the same ▶️ sound the Concheror item uses in Team Fortress 2, another title from Valve.
- Her voice actress, Merle Dandridge, is also well known for providing the voice of Alyx Vance, a character in the game Half Life 2, another title by Valve.
- When dueling ▶️ which a reference to the Thunderdome of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome! , There is a chance of Legion Commander yelling Thunderdome!
- When dueling , Legion Commander has only 1% to say "Multi-ogre Battle Arena!". This is a reference to the game genre Dota 2 is, MOBA - Multiplayer Online Battle Arena.
- In The Lab, a VR game by Valve, there are some Bendie soldiers who wield Legion Commander's sword in the minigame Longshot, along with other Dota 2 weapons like Axe's war axe, Huskar's spear and Stout Shield.
Envisioning Legion Commander Loading Screen concept art