|Keeper of the Light|
Ezalor, the Keeper of the Light, is a ranged intelligence hero famous for his reputation as a one-man support team. Supporting his allies in need, and pushing unguarded lanes with ease, Ezalor is a very valuable ally for any team. Having a variety of useful abilities, he can channel a powerful globe of intense light that can heavily damage an army of enemy creeps in the lane, allowing for an easy push. He can also restore mana and reduce cooldown for himself and his allies as well as blind his enemies with an intense light that also damages and displaces them. His Ultimate hypnotizes enemies in an AoE periodically, allowing his allies to follow over with their attacks around this immensely powerful crowd control. Keeper of the Light requires patience, confidence, and selfless behavior to play him well, as he is played as a support instead of a killer caster like most Intelligence gankers. His set of abilities also requires good timing, reflexes, and knowledge to use well.
- The wave travels at a speed of 1050, taking 1.48 seconds to travel the full distance.
- With the travel distance and radius, it can hit units up to 1925 range away.
- The damage increases by 3.75/4.01/4.17/4.27 for every 0.03 seconds, starting as the 0.3-second cast time begins.
- The talent does not alter this, it is added after the scaling damage is calculated.
- This means it can deal a minimum of 30 ( ) damage.
- This also means that the maximum damage is reached after 1.7/2.4/3.1/3.8 seconds of channeling.
- The damage increasing talent instantly upgrades the current instance, as well as already released waves.
- During the channeling, vision fields get created in a line in front of Ezalor.
- The vision fields provide 375 range flying vision and last for 10.34 seconds each.
- The first vision field spawns 150 range in front of Ezalor. The following ones spawn 150 range away from the previous vision fields.
- The vision fields are spawned in 0.5-second intervals, starting 0.5 seconds after channeling start, resulting in up to 3/4.4/5.8/7.2 fields.
- When the channeling gets canceled, it stops spawning vision fields. This does not affect the travel distance of the wave.
- When fully channeled, all vision fields together reach up to 825/1035/1245/1455 range away with their vision.
- The visual effect of Illuminate's shockwave gets stronger the longer it was channeled.
- Replaces until the channeling ends.
- Interrupts Keeper of the Light's channeling abilities upon cast.
- Replaces while having the buff on.
- Upon cast, an image of Ezalor is spawned at his location, which channels the Illuminate for him. Ezalor can act freely during this.
- Illuminate notes fully apply.
, Illuminate also heals allies.
- The heal value is based on the calculations of the damage value, resulting in the following values
- Level 1: 1.13/1.2/1.25/1.28 heal increase per interval, 9 ( ) minimum possible heal, 67.5/97.5/127.5/157.5 ( ) maximum heal.
- Level 2: 1.69/1.81/1.88/1.92 heal increase per interval, 13.5 ( ) minimum possible heal, 101.25/146.25/191.25/236.25 ( ) maximum heal.
- Level 3: 2.25/2.41/2.5/2.56 heal increase per interval, 18 ( ) minimum possible heal, 135/195/255/315 ( ) maximum heal.
- Cannot heal invulnerable allies or .
, Illuminate has a cast range of 1925/2050/2175 and a travel distance of 1675/1800/1925.
- With the travel distance and radius, it can hit units up to 2050/2175/2300 range away during Spirit Form.
- Replaces while it is being channeled by the spirit.
- notes fully apply.
- Checks the target's current position once upon cast and then in 0.1-second intervals, resulting in 71 checks.
- For each 10 distance moved, the slow value increases by 1.5%/2%/2.5%/3%.
- On each check, it compares the target's current position with its position on the last check and updates the slow value if the accumulated distance exceeds 10.
- If the target moved a distance greater than 1300 between a check, the slow value is not increased.
- This is how strong the movement speed slow is when the affected unit travels certain distances:
- 100 Distance: 4%/5.5%/7%/8.5% movement speed.
- 300 Distance: 12%/16.5%/21%/25.5% movement speed.
- 600 Distance: 24%/33%/42%/51% movement speed.
- 900 Distance: 36%/49.5%/63%/76.5% movement speed.
- 1200 Distance: 48%/66%/84%/102% movement speed.
- 1500 Distance: 60%/82.5%/105%/127.5% movement speed.
- There is no cap to the slow value, it can continue to grow indefinitely. The status debuff's description shows how strong the slow currently is.
- The particle effects get stronger the higher the slow gets, capped at 100% slow. The volume of the sound effect on the target increases while moving.
- Reduces most enemy heroes' total magic resistance to 14%/10%/6%/2%, assuming basic 25% magic resistance and no other sources of magic resistance.
, Solar Bind has a cast range of:
- Level 1: 825/875/925/975 cast range.
- Level 2: 950/1000/1050/1100 cast range.
- Level 3: 1075/1125/1175/1225 cast range.
- ↓↓ Double-tapping automatically targets self.
- Only reduces cooldowns of every non-ultimate ability, including passive abilities.
- Also reduces the recharge time of currently recharging charge-based abilities.
- During , Chakra Magic has a cast range of 1025/1150/1275.
- Only available during .
- Knocks units back at a speed of 1000. Knockback distance is always 400, no matter how far the unit is from the center.
- Units are not disabled during the knockback. They can still turn, attack, cast abilities and use items. Channeling abilities are not interrupted.
- Can push units over impassable terrain. Any trees the knocked back unit collides with gets destroyed.
- Blinding Light first applies the debuff, then , and then the damage.
- Has a cast range of 725/850/975 with 's bonus.
to be unlocked.
- In Ability Draft, Will-O-Wisp can be unlocked by the player that drafted .
- The wisp starts flickering 1 second after cast, and then every 3.15 seconds, up to 5 times.
- While flickering, moves enemies towards the wisp, and locks their facing angle on it. Does not disable enemies in any other way.
- Only attacks from heroes (including clones, excluding illusions and creep-heroes) can damage the wisp.
- Destroys trees within the radius upon cast, and within 150 radius around affected enemies at the end of the pull.
- Multiple instances of Will-O-Wisp work independently from each other.
- During , Will-O-Wisp has a cast range of 925/1050/1175.
to be unlocked.
- In Ability Draft, Recall can be unlocked by the player that drafted .
- Only available during , and replaces Spirit Form for its duration.
- Targeting the ground chooses the closest allied hero to the targeted point.
- Cannot be cast on allies who have ☐ Disabled Help from Ezalor.
- Gives the target a stop command after teleporting it, effectively canceling channeling abilities.
- Can be cast on and teleport illusions and invulnerable allies.
- Cannot be cast on, but can teleport hidden allies.
- If Ezalor or the target dies, the spell effect is interrupted.
- Checks received damage before any sort of reductions, meaning it gets interrupted even by 0 damage instances.
- Self-inflicted damage does not cancel the effect. Only damage coming from a player (including allies) or cancels it.
- Spirit Form interrupts Ezalor's channeling abilities upon cast.
- When Spirit Form expires while a spirit is channeling , it is released instantly.
- With , replaces Spirit Form for its duration, due to lack of ability slots.
|+20 Movement Speed||10||+30%Miss|
- Increased damage as heal from 30%/40%/50% to 30%/45%/60%.
- Reduced cooldown from 80/75/70 to 70 on each level.
- Reduced cooldown from 90/80/70 to 80/75/70.
- Increased base strength from 16 to 18.
- Increased turn rate from 0.5 to 0.6.
- No longer grants .
- Now causes to heal allies for 30%/40%/50% of its damage values.
- now only destroys trees they collide with, rather than within a 150 radius around them.
- Old: Causes to heal allies for 40% of its damage values during daytime.
- New: Adds the
ability to .
- Reduced teleport delay from 5/4/3 to 3 on each level.
- provides health regeneration while laning, which mitigates harass damage by lane opponents. Keeper of the Light can share it with allies if needed.
- also restores health early on to you and teammates.
- gives some attributes, and can be used to build Magic Wand or Mekansm.
- gives vision around the map, and helps Keeper of the Light get into a good position to use Illuminate.
- gives Keeper of the Light more movement speed for little expense. The passive regeneration keeps his health at full, allowing him to be self-sustaining as he can replenish his mana with Chakra Magic.
- can be used for mobility, saving teammates, or forcibly displacing enemies, particularly effective when combined with and Blinding Light.
- may save Keeper of the Light and allies with invisibility and magic resistance. Also, he can activate it before or during channeling of Illuminate and Town Portal Scroll.
- enable Keeper of the Light to use Will-O-Wisp twice for longer hypnotizes time or enlarge the targeted area.
- grants immunity against physical damage so Keeper of the Light can survive against enemy carries.
- provides a large boost to attributes and excellent mana regeneration, allowing Keeper of the Light to use Chakra Magic on teammates more frequently instead of on himself. The Hex it offers is very powerful on Keeper of the Light, as he otherwise lacks an instant hard disable.
- synergizes well with Keeper of the Light's support abilities, as he can heal his teammates as well as restore their mana. The overall attributes and armor also provide Keeper of the Light with considerably more survivability, while Chakra Magic covers the item's high mana cost.
- root makes chasing or escaping from single enemies much easier due to its long cast range and low cooldown. grants more survivability and a larger mana pool. Its
- gives Keeper of the Light a sustainable mana pool and increased movement speed, allowing him to be much more active on the battlefield. The active ability dispels debuffs such as silences while making Keeper of the Light temporarily invulnerable, or disables an enemy long enough for Illuminate to charge up damage.
- removes the channel on Illuminate, making it easier to charge to full power, and allows Illuminate to heal during the day, keeping allied units healthy during fights and pushes.
- gives Keeper of the Light armor, attributes, and mana regeneration. As a ranged support, you have the ability to reduce an enemy's or Roshan's armor for your team to capitalize on, or give an ally more armor to extend their survivability.
- resists and shields Keeper of the Light and teammates against magical damage so they can survive and contribute to teamfights.
- improves Keeper of the Light's armor and regeneration. The basic dispel and active ability increase survivability of him and his allies by removing debuffs and may dissuade the enemies from using targeted abilities.
- increases Keeper of the Light's cast range, letting him support allies from a safer distance away.
|Roles:||Support Nuker Disabler Jungler|
|Playstyle:||What appears to be a frail old man on his steed is, in truth, a Fundamental, the Keeper of the Light. Ezalor's staff Illuminates the darkest corners, banishing evil from the realm. He replenishes his companions with Chakra Magic, while casting a Blinding Light over the land, causing attacks to miss. Heads turn to stare at a mysterious shimmering orb, unable to look away as the Keeper's allies encircle foes hypnotized by the flickering lights of the Will-O-Wisp.|
- Ezalor's design in Dota 2 makes several references to Gandalf, an iconic character from The Lord of the Rings book series.
- His clothing is almost purely white, similar to Gandalf's attire.
- Illuminate's wave animation are a group of stampeding white horses. This is similar to the spell Gandalf cast on the torrent of water, at the ford of Bruinen, in the first book, The Fellowship of the Ring. Additionally, it has similarities to his reinforcements at Helm's Deep during the second book, The Two Towers. This is also depicted in the splash art, with Ezalor taking Gandalf's place at the head of the charge.
- The Mana Leak cast line ▶️ "You shall not cast!" is a reference to one of Gandalf's most famous quotes: "You shall not pass!"
- The unused Mana Leak cast line ▶️ "Run! Run, I say!" is a reference to another one of Gandalf's famous quotes: "Fly, you fools!"
- The respawn lines ▶️ "Ezalor... I think that's my name" is likely a reference to Gandalf "respawning" as The White: "Gandalf? ... Yes ... That was my name ... Gandalf the Grey."
- One of Ezalor's cosmetic items, the Wise Cap of the First Light makes him look even more like Gandalf.
- The lines ▶️ "Kundalini!" and ▶️ "The serpent of illumination stirs!" come, as well as the term "Chakra" are derived from Hinduism. Kundalini is described as a dormant inner strength, or "sleeping serpent waiting to be awakened".
- fundamental forces of the universe with Keeper of the Light representing the weak nuclear force, the force responsible for the light of stars and suns, including the sentient sun .
, , , and together represent the four
- His Solar Bind and Mana Leak abilities reflect his theme of radioactive decay. As the name implies, it is the decay of an unstable atomic nucleus by radiation, the transmission of energy. Hence, the spell's ability to drain move speed or mana (energy) when an opponent moves (transmission).
- Enigma's lines upon killing him further reinforces this when he says ▶️"Ezalor, your decay is now complete." and ▶️"Ezalor, the weak and infirm." which references radioactive decay and the weak force itself, respectively.
- The rivalry line ▶️ "And chaos fled!" may be a reference to an official bug that can occur when fighting the final boss of Final Fantasy, Chaos, as you can win the fight without damaging him (he simply just fled).
- His rare line ▶️ "I'll tell thee everything I can, there's little to relate." and ▶️ "Very gladly will I drink your honor's noble health." are quotes of the poem by "Haddock's Eyes" by Lewis Carroll, a poem about a very odd old man.
- His rare line ▶️ "I'll forego green girdles and questing beasts, for all such knightly trifles pale before the light." is a reference to the book The Sword in the Stone.