|Keeper of the Light|
|Provides instant mana to allies.|
|What appears to be a frail old man on his steed is, in truth, a Fundamental, the Keeper of the Light. Ezalor's staff Illuminates the darkest corners, banishing evil from the realm. He replenishes his companions with Chakra Magic, while casting a Blinding Light over the land, causing attacks to miss. Heads turn to stare at a mysterious shimmering orb, unable to look away as the Keeper's allies encircle foes hypnotized by the flickering lights of the Will-O-Wisp. Effortlessly weakening his foes, Binding them to the primordial light. Revealing his full power, he enters Spirit Form, riding forth in all planes at once, Recalling his allies to further press the assault.|
|Roles:||Support Nuker Disabler Jungler|
- The wave travels at a speed of 900, taking 1.72 seconds to travel the full distance.
- With the travel distance and radius, it can hit units up to 1950 range away.
- The damage increases by 2.22/3.33/4.44/5.56 ( ) for every 0.03 seconds spent channeling.
- The talent instantly upgrades the current instance, as well as already released waves.
- While channeling, Illuminate creates vision fields in front of Keeper of the Light.
- The vision fields provide 400 range flying vision and last for 10.34 seconds each.
- The first vision field spawns 150/180/210/240 range in front of Ezalor. The following field spawn the same distance away from the previous vision field.
- The vision fields spawn in 0.5-second intervals, starting 0.5 seconds after channeling start, resulting in up to 5 fields.
- When the channeling is canceled, it stops spawning vision fields. This does not affect the travel distance of the wave.
- When fully channeled, all vision fields together reach up to 1150/1300/1450/1600 range away with their vision.
- The visual effect of Illuminate's shockwave gets stronger the longer it was channeled.
- Replaces until the channeling ends.
- Interrupts Keeper of the Light's channeling abilities upon cast.
- Replaces while having the buff on.
- Upon cast, an image of Ezalor is spawned at his location, which channels the Illuminate for him. Ezalor can act freely during this.
- Illuminate notes fully apply.
, Illuminate also heals allies.
- Despite Spirit Form's tooltip, the heal is applied regardless of the time of day.
- Cannot heal invulnerable allies or .
- The heal value is based on the calculations of the damage value, resulting in the following values:
- Level 1: 0.89/1.33/1.78/2.22 ( ) increase per interval, 80/120/160/200 ( ) total heal.
- Level 2: 1.11/1.67/2.22/2.78 ( ) increase per interval, 100/150/200/250 ( ) total heal.
- Level 3: 1.33/2/2.67/3.33 ( ) increase per interval, 120/180/240/300 ( ) total heal.
, Illuminate has a cast range of 1925/2050/2175 and a travel distance of 1675/1800/1925.
- With the travel distance and radius, it can hit units up to 2075/2200/2325 range away during Spirit Form.
- Replaces while it is being channeled by the spirit.
- notes fully apply.
- Reduces most enemy heroes' total magic resistance to 13%/9%/4%/-1%.
- Checks the target's current position once upon cast and then in 0.1-second intervals, resulting in 71 checks.
- For each 10 distance moved, the slow value increases by 1.6%/2.2%/2.8%/3.4%.
- On each check, it compares the target's current position with its position on the last check and updates the slow value if the accumulated distance exceeds 10.
- If the target moved a distance greater than 1300 between a check, the slow value is not increased.
- For every 100 distance moved, Solar Bind reduces up to the following movement speeds:
- 100 Distance: 4%/5.5%/7%/8.5% movement speed slow.
- 300 Distance: 12%/16.5%/21%/25.5% movement speed.
- 600 Distance: 24%/33%/42%/51% movement speed.
- 900 Distance: 36%/49.5%/63%/76.5% movement speed.
- 1200 Distance: 48%/66%/84%/102% movement speed.
- 1500 Distance: 60%/82.5%/105%/127.5% movement speed.
- There is no cap to the slow value, it can continue to grow indefinitely. The status debuff's description shows how strong the slow currently is.
- The particle effects get stronger the higher the slow gets, capped at 100% slow. The volume of the sound effect on the target increases while moving.
, Solar Bind has a cast range of:
- Level 1: 825/875/925/975 cast range.
- Level 2: 950/1000/1050/1100 cast range.
- Level 3: 1075/1125/1175/1225 cast range.
- ↓↓ Double-tapping automatically targets self.
- Only reduces cooldowns of every non-ultimate ability, including passive abilities.
- Also reduces the recharge time of currently recharging charge-based abilities.
- During , Chakra Magic has a cast range of 1025/1150/1275.
- The talent applies a basic dispel on the target upon cast.
- Only available during .
- Knocks units back at a speed of 666.66666666667. Knockback distance is always 400, no matter how far the unit is from the center.
- Units are not disabled during the knockback. They can still turn, attack, cast abilities and use items. Channeling abilities are not interrupted.
- Can push units over impassable terrain. Destroys trees enemies come in contact with during the knockback.
- Blinding Light first applies the debuff, then , and then the damage.
- During , Blinding Light has a cast range of 725/850/975.
- Requires to be unlocked.
- The wisp starts flickering 1 second after cast, and then every 3.15 seconds, up to 5 times.
- While flickering, moves enemies towards the wisp, and locks their facing angle on it. Does not disable enemies in any other way.
- Although the debuff is dispellable, it immediately gets re-applied when dispelled.
- Only attacks from heroes (including clones, excluding illusions and creep-heroes) can damage the wisp.
- Destroys trees within the radius upon cast, and within 150 radius around affected enemies at the end of the pull.
- Multiple instances of Will-O-Wisp work independently from each other.
- During , Will-O-Wisp has a cast range of 925/1050/1175.
- Spirit Form interrupts Ezalor's channeling abilities upon cast.
- When Spirit Form expires while a spirit is channeling , it is released instantly.
- With , replaces Spirit Form for its duration.
- Requires to be unlocked.
- Only available during
- Replaces Spirit Form for its duration.
- Targeting the ground chooses the closest allied hero to the targeted point.
- Cannot be cast on allies who have ☐ Disabled Help from Ezalor.
- Gives the target a stop command after teleporting it, effectively canceling channeling abilities.
- Can be cast on and teleport illusions and invulnerable allies.
- Cannot be cast on, but can teleport hidden allies.
- If Ezalor or the target dies, the ability is interrupted.
- Checks received damage before reductions, so that it gets interrupted even by 0 damage instances.
- Self-inflicted damage does not cancel the effect. Only damage coming from a player (including allies) or cancels it.
|+20 Movement Speed||10||+30%Miss|
Main Article: Keeper of the Light/Changelogs
- Reduced base movement speed from 330 to 320.
- Reduced mana restored from 100/180/260/340 to 80/160/240/320.
- Reduced knockback duration from 0.8 to 0.6.
- Reduced cast time from 0.3 to 0.
- Increased wave radius from 375 to 400.
- Increased vision radius from 375 to 400.
- Increased distance between vision fields from 150 on each level to 150/180/210/240. [ ]
- Increased knockback duration from 0.4 to 0.8.
- Reduced cooldown from 70 to 65.
- Increased magic resistance reduction from 15%/20%/25%/30% to 16%/22%/28%/34%.
- Increased damage as heal from 30%/45%/60% to 40%/50%/60%.
- provides health regeneration while laning, which mitigates harass damage by lane opponents. Keeper of the Light can share it with allies if needed.
- also restores health early on to you and teammates.
- gives some attributes, and can be used to build Magic Wand or Mekansm.
- gives vision around the map, and helps Keeper of the Light get into a good position to use Illuminate.
- gives Keeper of the Light more movement speed for little expense. The passive regeneration keeps his health at full, allowing him to be self-sustaining as he can replenish his mana with Chakra Magic.
- can be used for mobility, saving teammates, or forcibly displacing enemies, particularly effective when combined with and Blinding Light.
- may save Keeper of the Light and allies with invisibility and magic resistance. Also, he can activate it before or during channeling of Illuminate and Town Portal Scroll.
- grants immunity against physical damage so Keeper of the Light can survive against enemy carries.
- provides a large boost to attributes and excellent mana regeneration, allowing Keeper of the Light to use Chakra Magic on teammates more frequently instead of on himself. The Hex it offers is very powerful on Keeper of the Light, as he otherwise lacks an instant hard disable.
- synergizes well with Keeper of the Light's support abilities, as he can heal his teammates as well as restore their mana. The overall attributes and armor also provide Keeper of the Light with considerably more survivability, while Chakra Magic covers the item's high mana cost.
- root makes chasing or escaping from single enemies much easier due to its long cast range and low cooldown. grants more survivability and a larger mana pool. Its
- gives Keeper of the Light increased movement speed, allowing him to be much more active on the battlefield. The active ability dispels debuffs such as silences while making Keeper of the Light temporarily invulnerable, or disables an enemy long enough for Illuminate to charge up damage.
- gives Keeper of the Light armor, attributes, and mana regeneration. As a ranged support, you have the ability to reduce an enemy's or Roshan's armor for your team to capitalize on, or give an ally more armor to extend their survivability.
- resists and shields Keeper of the Light and teammates against magical damage so they can survive and contribute to teamfights.
- improves Keeper of the Light's armor and regeneration. The basic dispel and active ability increase survivability of him and his allies by removing debuffs and may dissuade the enemies from using targeted abilities.
- increases Keeper of the Light's cast range, letting him support allies from a safer distance away.
- grants the Will-O-Wisp ability that can be useful in teamfights.
- Ezalor's design in Dota 2 makes several references to Gandalf, an iconic character from The Lord of the Rings book series.
- His clothing is almost purely white, similar to Gandalf's attire.
- Illuminate's wave animation are a group of stampeding white horses. This is similar to the spell Gandalf cast on the torrent of water, at the ford of Bruinen, in the first book, The Fellowship of the Ring. Additionally, it has similarities to his reinforcements at Helm's Deep during the second book, The Two Towers. This is also depicted in the splash art, with Ezalor taking Gandalf's place at the head of the charge.
- The Mana Leak cast line ▶️ "You shall not cast!" is a reference to one of Gandalf's most famous quotes: "You shall not pass!"
- The unused Mana Leak cast line ▶️ "Run! Run, I say!" is a reference to another one of Gandalf's famous quotes: "Fly, you fools!"
- The respawn lines ▶️ "Ezalor... I think that's my name" is likely a reference to Gandalf "respawning" as The White: "Gandalf? ... Yes ... That was my name ... Gandalf the Grey."
- One of Ezalor's cosmetic items, the Wise Cap of the First Light makes him look even more like Gandalf.
- The lines ▶️ "Kundalini!" and ▶️ "The serpent of illumination stirs!" come, as well as the term "Chakra" are derived from Hinduism. Kundalini is described as a dormant inner strength, or "sleeping serpent waiting to be awakened".
- fundamental forces of the universe with Keeper of the Light representing the weak nuclear force, the force responsible for the light of stars and suns, including the sentient sun .
, , , and together represent the four
- His Solar Bind and Mana Leak abilities reflect his theme of radioactive decay. As the name implies, it is the decay of an unstable atomic nucleus by radiation, the transmission of energy. Hence, the spell's ability to drain move speed or mana (energy) when an opponent moves (transmission).
- Enigma's lines upon killing him further reinforces this when he says ▶️"Ezalor, your decay is now complete." and ▶️"Ezalor, the weak and infirm." which references radioactive decay and the weak force itself, respectively.
- The rivalry line ▶️ "And chaos fled!" may be a reference to an official bug that can occur when fighting the final boss of Final Fantasy, Chaos, as you can win the fight without damaging him (he simply just fled).
- His rare line ▶️ "I'll tell thee everything I can, there's little to relate." and ▶️ "Very gladly will I drink your honor's noble health." are quotes of the poem by "Haddock's Eyes" by Lewis Carroll, a poem about a very odd old man.
- His rare line ▶️ "I'll forego green girdles and questing beasts, for all such knightly trifles pale before the light." is a reference to the book The Sword in the Stone.