|Places||Isle of Masks|
Temple of Masks
|Gods||Maker of Masks|
|Artifacts||Visage of Vengeance|
Yurnero the Juggernaut, named after the martial tradition that he swore to preserve and protect, is the last of his masked kind who drowned beneath the waves that deluged the ancient Isle of Masks. While his inanimate mask bears no readable expressions, each motion of his blade arm is an expression of a lost art that yearns to be remembered, and every ritual that he casts alone is but a shadow of the Isle's once lively and rich traditions.
Yurnero had to earn his skill to become the master swordsman that he is today. He once trained under the tutelage of his late swordmaster (of whom we don't know the name of) until he became a swordmaster just like him. His master rewarded him with a traditional hakama and the sword Akakiryu which got its name from a legendary dragon.
Yurnero is a successful hunter with many kills under his belt, including demons and abominations, with a few of them possessing an alien hunting intellect. He was noted to have slain a brave beast with large tusks in a fierce battle and killed a mountain wolf with open handed strikes. He may have slain a single member of the now extinct corodont species, carving a mask out of its ivory heart.
Although the original account tells us that Yurnero was exiled and banished to sea for his defiance against a high lord, there is another account of Yurnero's banishment. Upon his exile, he was fitted with a mask that symbolized his status as a Ronin with no master to guide him, which differed in appearance from his default mask that we are all familiar with.
It's implied that Yurnero's exile happened for another reason besides his defiance against a corrupt lord. The context behind his insubordination was that he may have been complicit in defending the dishonored unmasked outcasts of the Isle of Masks. These wretched folk got their punishment from violating a creed or another. Their retribution was to be stripped of their honor and masks, and cast away from the reaches of society so that they may never again influence the affairs of the Isle. Defending these people even in the face of highborn defiance will elicit exile away from the Isle itself, the very same fate that Yurnero was inflicted with.
In an unspecified event, possibly a duel, Sven cleaved Yurnero's mask in two with the Adjudicator's Blade, cracking its top and awakening the ancestral souls that laid dormant inside it. Among the spirits was an ancient dragon, who now accompanies Yurnero and contributes his powers to him. Thus, the Juggernaut became a being merged from many souls. The dragon's might, combined with the great strength of his ancestors, made him more powerful than ever before. Yurnero and his dragon are grateful for Sven's actions, and feel they owe Sven a debt of gratitude.
After the sundering, the Juggernaut and his dragon planned to restore what they have lost. Once the Ancient is destroyed, they vowed to bring back their people and begin the rebirth of the Isle of Masks.
Personality and Mannerisms
- It is said that Yurnero doesn't feel sad for what he has lost, for he is implacable and purges that grief with a pursuit for honor. However, he sometimes broods over something that he has lost, which might be his beloved Isle or his lost relationship with Lanaya.
- When engaged in battle, Yurnero lets all of his fury out on his foes. Despite this, he stands between black and white to become grey–being emotionally distant and not even revealing his other emotions and thoughts to anyone, reserving nothing to others but his sword and hand.
- Even after the destruction of his Isle, Yurnero still adheres to the Isle's culture that revolves around honor and respect. He respects worthy opponents who die by his hand (sometimes preserving their remains as his memento of the honor that they have) and lets them know that their deaths are honorable. He has no respect for cowards, and anyone who engages in acts of cowardice.
- Yurnero is a brave and courageous warrior, a result of his faith in the endless practice and refinement of his craft. It's one thing to face dangers and adversity without fear, but he knows that there is a clear boundary between being brave and being foolish. He was brave enough to defy the last lord of the Isles whom he believed was corrupt, and he defended the dishonorable outcasts of his island home, in spite of the knowledge that defending these people in the face of defying the authorities will grant him a fate far worse than what these outcasts have. He doesn't fear death, but he certainly prefers to steer clear from it. Sometimes, he relies on alcohol to get a boost of courage.
- Yurnero is a confident swordsman, the result of his faith in the endless practice and refinement of his arts. Perhaps it can be said that his conviction in his ability is what makes his bravery different from foolishness. This is reflected in his use of weapons that are deadly to the wielder and its target.
- Yurnero often celebrates battles with a banner that he carries on his back. He believes that a battle is no good if there's nothing to celebrate it.
- A stern and serious warrior, Yurnero practices and values discipline.
Yurnero is the latest and last issue of an ancient lineage of revered warriors who are the progenitors of the Isle of Masks. Most of these lost souls were masked people like him, but he also had a dragon spirit among his ancestors as well.
Yurnero once had a romantic relationship with the  he will still mourn her, even after he has lost control over his body when the many spirits in his mask took over and possessed him, who will also share his grief despite them not being familiar with her at all. Lanaya still feels jilted and hasn't gotten over the breakup. She is quite angry at Yurnero, to the extent of threatening violence, and attempting to make him jealous., but the two broke up after he did something to upset her. Although he appears to have moved on already,
Powers and Abilities
Yurnero owns a wide variety of swords, but it's possible that he acquired his many swords in separate continuities rather than accumulating a large arsenal. If one looks for a similarity within all of his weapons, one can notice that he always prefers to use two handed swords such as a katana or anything similar over any kind of weapon.
- An ōdachi forged in the fires that boiled the waters surrounding the Isle of Masks, causing it to rise and submerge the entire island.
- A dark sword that contains the soul of an unnamed entity. The fine script engraved on the sword tells the fated story of this trapped soul.
- A sword with large teeth that can hook and lock another weapon between its serrations.
- A sword with a blade made of jade, crafted by the Kuur-Ishiminari clan. It is quite unwieldy and hard to maintain because of its jade, but it is just as sharp as any good blade and is a symbol of noble prestige.
- The Serrakura, a sword that is as beautiful as it is deadly. Said to be crafted by a masked swordsman, but it is unknown if this refers to Yurnero or another Masked One before they were wiped out.
- An elegant sword that was forged by the master bladesmith Sabasteen thousands of years ago. Each deadly stroke from this sword is done elegantly.
- A sword that curses anyone who wields this sword in anger and those who face this sword with cruelty. The effects of the curse is unknown.
- A sword that is said to be inspired by a dragon's fire. Apparently, this sword might have the actual soul of a dragon within it.
- A sword that resembles the Abyssal Blade. While not explicitly stated, it may have belonged to the defunct Lost Order, who learned the ability to pierce the fabric of reality using their blades and formed a new school of Mastery revolving around this dangerous metaphysical technique.
- Given that the Abyssal Blade once belonged to the Underlord, who also has the ability to warp reality with the arts of the Dark Rift, it is possible that this Mastery and the Dark Rift sorcery are related.
- It's unknown how did Yurnero managed to recover the sword despite the elders' attempts to destroy all traces of their school's existence.
Although he usually wields one sword at a time during battle, he is also prepared with a backup blade, just in case his primary weapon isn't enough.
Within Yurnero is the last remnants of the Isle's many martial traditions. He is the sole practitioner of the long standing Juggernaut tradition, a lost art that consists of bladework and voodoo magic rituals. When gripping a sword in battle, he always makes sure that each refined strike that he lands takes his passion, intentionality, and respect into consideration. He is skilled and confident enough to safely wield a blade with no guard, which is dangerous because the guard prevents the hand from slipping towards the blade when thrusting as well protecting the hand from any incoming blade that slides down to the wielder's hands.
He is well known for his skills with the sword during battle, but he is still quite dangerous when unarmed, being able to kill a mountain wolf with only open-handed strikes.
All of Yurnero's abilities are applications of the Juggernaut tradition.
- These wards may come in the form of a gargoyle statue crafted by the Kuur-Ishiminari clan, a figure of an irresistable, furry peddler, a Pisces-like statue, etc.
's lore describes how the Juggernaut tradition is a heritage, a long standing art passed down to many generations to be committed to the ways of the sword. He alone strives to preserve the lasting tradition of the Isles.
has no lore.
focuses on pure swiftness. The user will leap towards a target and slash them with imperceptible swiftness, leaping around them or towards nearby targets after each of the strikes they land successfully in a dance of swords.
Friendships and Rivalries
Allies meeting Juggernaut
- ▶️ Juggernaut, let them feel the cool of your blade!
- ▶️ Juggernaut. Always so serious.
- ▶️ I wish I was the last of my kind.
- ▶️ I'm the last of my kind, too, Juggernaut. The first as well.
- ▶️ Hey, give us your mask for sec?
- ▶️ How does that mask stay on when you're spinning?
- ▶️ There must be something broken in your inner ear, Yurnero.
- ▶️ ▶️ You gotta tell me what happened on the Isle of Masks.
- ▶️ ▶️ Juggernaut, is it true you and Templar Assassin used to be a thing?
- ▶️ Juggernaut, I'll catch them, you gut them.
- ▶️ The brooding loner thing is a bit cliché?, n'est-ce pas?
- ▶️ I know a thing or two about dangerous paramours... trust me my friend, the sooner you apologize to Lanaya, the safer you will be.
- ▶️ You come from purty country, Yurnero. But the folk there had beans for brains.
Enemies meeting Juggernaut
- ▶️ I send you to meet your kin!
- ▶️ ▶️ Juggernaut, when I'm through with you there won't be any of your kind.
Enemies killing Juggernaut
- ▶️ Where'd all that honor get you?
- ▶️ That mask will fetch a high price.
- ▶️ Hoods are way better than masks. Just saying.
- ▶️ Two legged freak!
- ▶️ Now my uncle's collection is complete.
- ▶️ Your bladework was unoriginal.
- ▶️ ▶️ Heroes don't hide behind masks.
- ▶️ My blade does not merely dance, Yurnero. It sings!
- ▶️ After the stories I'd heard of your prowess, I was hoping you'd last longer than that… Pity.
- ▶️ Another swordsman falls to Ol' Rackatee.
- ▶️ Nothing under that mask but an empty hole.
- ▶️ ▶️ Someone brought a knife to a gunfight!
- ▶️ Had I a face like yours, I too would wear such a mask.
- ▶️ From my perspective, you met this fate only moments after the rest of your kind.
- ▶️ Your last dance will be a blade dance.
- Hakama of a Thousand Faces description.
- Akakiryu of a Thousand Faces description.
- Defender of the Ivory Isles description.
- Prey-Tracker's Aspect Mask description.
- Fine Bone Bracers description.
- Elder Tusk of the Brave description.
- Wolf Cape of the High Plains description.
- Visage of the Ivory Isles description.
- Burden of the Exiled Ronin description.
- Provocation of Ruin description.
- Call of the Bladeform Legacy: ▶️ Sven… this isn't some pretend duel where we let you win…
- Call of the Bladeform Legacy: ▶️ We have been freed by The Adjudicator's blade.
- Call of the Bladeform Legacy: ▶️ The souls within Yurnero have been awoken.
- Bladeform Legacy description.
- Call of the Bladeform Legacy: ▶️ The strength of fallen brothers and sisters flows through this body.
- Call of the Bladeform Legacy: ▶️ We are in your debt Sven, we won't forget this.
- Call of the Bladeform Legacy: ▶️ The rebirth of the Isle of Masks begins with us.
- Call of the Bladeform Legacy: ▶️ Together we will find a way to bring back our people.
- Call of the Bladeform Legacy: ▶️ The rebirth of the Isle of Masks begins with us.
- Izoku description.
- Pangolier response: ▶️ The brooding loner thing is a bit cliché?, n'est-ce pas?
- Aspect Mask of Fulminant Rage description.
- Juggernaut response: ▶️ ▶️ Hide all you like, my fury calls you out!
- Kimono of the Ebony Tower description.
- Juggernaut response: ▶️ ▶️ A worthy foe.
- Juggernaut response: ▶️ ▶️ To die at my hand is an honor.
- Taunt: For Death and Honor description.
- Juggernaut response: ▶️ ▶️ You should be honored.
- Juggernaut response: ▶️ ▶️ An honor for you.
- Juggernaut response: ▶️ ▶️ An honorable foe stands to fight before he dies.
- Juggernaut response: ▶️ ▶️ What coward runs?
- Juggernaut's biography: The last practitioner of the art, Yurnero's confidence and courage are the result of endless practice; his inventive bladework proves that he has never stopped challenging himself.
- Juggernaut response: ▶️ ▶️ There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity.
- Juggernaut's biography: For defying a corrupt lord, Yurnero was exiled from the ancient Isle of Masks--a punishment that saved his life.
- Juggernaut response: ▶️ ▶️ Although I don't fear dying, I still would rather not.
- 100-Proof Jug description.
- No-Guard the Courageous Edge description.
- Battle Banner of the Masked description.
- Call of the Bladeform Legacy description.
- The Bladeform Legacy Update details
- Bladeform Legacy response: ▶️ We should train together more, Xin… It always had… interesting results.
- Bladeform Legacy response: ▶️ By our word, this ends with honor, Xin. But it does end.
- Bladeform Legacy response: ▶️ It's been too long old friend.
- Bladeform Legacy response: ▶️ Azwraith, you haven't heard any rumors of Kanna's return have you?
- Dota Underlords - Juggernaut response: Don't get the wrong idea, Lanaya. This was just business.
- Bladeform Legacy response: ▶️ Yurnero is gone. Only The Juggernaut remains.
- Bladefrom Legacy: ▶️ Strange… we feel… sadness.
- Bladeform Legacy response: ▶️ Lanaya will not recognize us… It is for the best.
- Pangolier response: ▶️ I know a thing or two about dangerous paramours... trust me my friend, the sooner you apologize to Lanaya, the safer you will be.
- Bladeform Legacy response: ▶️ Lanaya… let's just get through this battle without killing each other.
- Pangolier response: ▶️ I know the games you play Lanaya...but I do not think Yurnero is capable of jealousy.
- Dota Underlords - Templar Assassin response: This is a glimpse of what could have been, Yurnero.
- Mars response: ▶️ Now my uncle's collection is complete.
- Bladeform Legacy response: ▶️ Axe, when this battle is over we must discuss what to do about Sorla Khan.
- Fireborn Odachi description.
- Kantusa the Script Sword description.
- Four-Fangs the Swordbreaker description.
- Relic Blade of the Kuur-Ishiminari description.
- Serrakura description.
- Elegant Stroke description.
- Cursed Crescent description.
- Dragon Sword description.
- Edge of the Lost Order description.
- Vestments of the Exiled Ronin description.
- Long-Fang the Grey Blade description.
- Juggernaut response: ▶️ Through all of your snares, Blade Fury cuts like silk.
- Juggernaut response: ▶️ Battle Fury, meet Blade Fury.
- Healing Fount of the Lost Isles description.
- Healing Ward of the Kuur-Ishiminari description.
- Fortune's Tout description.