Jakiro, the Twin Headed Dragon, is a polycephalic Pyrexae dragon with the powers of ice and fire as their birthright. His very birth was an anomaly among the Pyrexae, because he was hatched from a single egg with two heads sharing a single body. Defying the very process that ensures the strength of the Pyrexae species, Jakiro is shunned as an anathema among his race and even hunted down by his own kin, with dragonslayers making his life much harder.
But his race did not consider that Jakiro himself was a true testament to the Pyrexae's strengths. Although a single Pyrexae has a powerful affinity to a single element, Jakiro can wield the full range of every ability found in the diverse Pyrexae species with great synergy. With such power contained in a one in a million, no foe is safe as the elements combine in Jakiro to render his enemies into an unrecognizable mess of ice crystals and blackened flesh.
Born from the flesh of a mother Eldwurm and an unknown father, the dragon freak Jakiro hatches from a single egg with two heads, one burning with the rage of the fiery Pyrexae lineage and another freezing with the guile of the icy Pyrexae lineage. Shunned and sometimes hunted by his race for being an anomaly among the wise but fearsome Pyrexae, Jakiro relies on his duality of powers and traits to destroy all manner of beings and creatures who dare to project any hostility towards him.
Jakiro, the Protector
Among the Mer folk, there are tales of a "twin headed demon" that killed a raiding party (save for two survivors) consisting of the finest Slithereen warriors in the waters surrounding the cliffs of Grosche. Their warnings speak of the demon that protected the bluffs of Grosche. When the party of raiders encroached upon the dragon's territory at night, Jakiro's fire head attacked the party, but they managed to find safety within their own element of the sea. However, his frost head froze the invaders atop the waves that should have protected them. The two remaining survivors could only watch as Jakiro's fiery head incinerated the oblivious raiders.
Jakiro once descended into the underground caverns of the Riverwarren to protect its inhabitants during a time of great need. Since that day, his appearance and deeds are always commemorated in the Day of the Pyres where stories and celebrations of their protector are told and held, respectively. As the children grow up, their dreams of the dragon's return fade with time, but one day Jakiro will return to help the people of the caverns once more.
Personality and Mannerisms
- Jakiro's duality grants him the traits of both Pyrexae heritages. His icy head inherits their wisdom and guile, while his fiery head inherits their rage and ferocity.
- A trait natural to most fictional dragons, Jakiro is a very territorial creature.
- As a polycephalic creature, Jakiro's heads treat each other as brothers, with neither of them being the elderly or superior one. They often find themselves unwilling to share and blame each other like siblings. On the positive side, they often compliment each others quips and achievements and care for each other, regarding themselves as equals.
According to Jakiro, Winter Wyvern is his cousin. However, Auroth seems to have an animosity towards him, and expresses regret that she didn't kill them before they have hatched. Steve Jaros, the writer of the card game Artifact, confirmed that Auroth is indeed his mother.
Powers and Abilities
An interesting detail can be found in Jakiro's right head. The scales on his lower neck resemble that of his mother's, Auroth the Winter Wyvern. It can be speculated that his right head inherited some of Auroth's ice powers alongside the powers of the icy Pyrexae heritage.
Possessing the full range of abilities found in the Pyrexae dragon species, Jakiro commands the elements of ice and fire just by breathing. His twin headed nature and elemental duality grants him the ability to synergize his naturally incompatible elements to deadly effect.
is a great example of his elemental synergy. Jakiro's frost head initiates the attack with a blast of ice, followed by a wave of fire launched by his fiery head. It would seem that neither elements cancel each other out, allowing its victims to take the full effect of being frozen and burnt at the same time.
is a very simple ability. Jakiro's frost head calls upon the cold element of his Pyrexae lineage to create a trail of ice that freezes anyone caught in its wake.
Yet another simple and straightforward ability, his comes from the fiery head of Jakiro, allowing him to expel a scorching molten substance. It can be speculated that this hot material is the same molten steel found in the guts of Pyrexae who consume even the armor and equipment of slain knights.
Hislacks any kind of lore text, but it can be assumed that it works similarly to its fiery counterpart, except for the use of molten steel. Liquid Frost could simply be a cold substance that chills and freezes opponents covered in it.
Although his Pyrexaec Forge cosmetic where the cracks on the earth glow blue (presumably his ice powers) while his fire burns on top of it, neither elements being able to cancel each other out.only shows his flames being used, the lore text for this ability describes that Jakiro combines its frost and flame to decimate the battlefield with extreme temperatures on both high and low ends. This can be seen in the custom effect of his
Friendships and rivalries
Allies meeting Jakiro
- ▶️ Time for a firestorm, Jakiro.
- ▶️ Fire and ice. How nice.
- ▶️ You ready to have some fun, Jakiro?
- ▶️ You know in Revtel, Pyrexae is a great delicacy.
- ▶️ I think I could get rid of that ice head for you with minimal trouble.
- ▶️ Ah Jakiro: opposites in wondrous harmony.
- ▶️ Heh hey, it's Jakiro! And Jakiro's copilot.
- ▶️ I dunno how you do it. That level of cooperation's beyond me.
- ▶️ Ah, Jakiro, I hope that icy head of yours hasn't cooled your temper.
- ▶️ Fire and ice! Reminds me of a song I once heard.
- ▶️ ▶️ Jakiro, Dragon Knight won't play ball. But you'll let me ride you, right?
- ▶️ ▶️ Glad you're on our side Jakiro.
- ▶️ You're not graceful, mon ami. But you get the job done.
- ▶️ Do you each do a wing? How does it work?
- ▶️ I feel real sorry for folks without opposable thumbs.
- ▶️ This here's the start of a real nice shindig.
- ▶️ Keep your breath off our powder and we'll do just fine, Jakiro.
- ▶️ ▶️ I'm always glad to have a dragon by my side.
- ▶️ I'm always glad to have a dragon by my side.
- ▶️ Mind you! Don't burn any trees I like, Jakiro.
- ▶️ We will bring a storm of ice and flame upon them!
- ▶️ Cast your shadow over them, Jakiro.
- ▶️ Keep your flames under control in my presence.
Enemies meeting Jakiro
- ▶️ How do you even fly with that massive growth on your--- Ooh, I see.
Enemies killing Jakiro
- ▶️ Okay, Jakiro, which one of you wants to take me for a ride?
- ▶️ Brought you down to earth didn't I, eh?
- ▶️ I almost liked half of you.
- ▶️ Two heads, no skill.
- ▶️ I'm gonna make a jaunty little hat out of you...
- ▶️ ▶️ Even as a part time dragon, I have bested you Jakiro.
- ▶️ Two heads, zero insight.
- ▶️ Gravity brings you down.
- ▶️ If you're not of single mind, there's no hope to defeat me.
- ▶️ Shame you didn't have two crash helmets!
- ▶️ Those two dragons crashed together so hard they merged into one dumber slower dragon.
- ▶️ ▶️ Never trust a dragon.
- ▶️ Who would have thought a dragon wouldn't be fireproof.
- ▶️ You were a disgrace to the Pyrexae!
- ▶️ Oh, I mistook you for a fire hydra.
- ▶️ ▶️ Two heads, and not a warrior between them.
- ▶️ ▶️ I was expecting a fight. How disappointing.
- ▶️ Neither hot, nor cold, just dead.
- ▶️ I silence one voice, then the other.
- ▶️ We gave you a head start!
- ▶️ Poor thing. Didn't survive the surgery.
- ▶️ It would seem that almost anything can call itself a dragon in this age.
- ▶️ Should have flown to your nest when you saw me coming, Jakiro.
- ▶️ When the sky is full of lightning, you shouldn't be flying.
- ▶️ I clipped your wings.
- ▶️ Is this one notch or two? Eh, we'll go with one. It's just for fun anyway.
- ▶️ The good news is we can separate ya now without danger. The bad news is you're both already dead.
- ▶️ Death's cold embrace.
- ▶️ Ha ha! Blew you off course, did I?
- ▶️ Frost and flame? This will not do.
- ▶️ ▶️ Dead air.
- ▶️ Even a dragon must respect the Skywrath!
- ▶️ Grounded.
- ▶️ Clipped your wings.
- ▶️ I had hoped the wisdom of your kind would help you choose a better path.
- ▶️ I should have crushed you in the nest.
Enemies dying to Jakiro
- ▶️ Two heads patrol a frigid path. Beware, lest you be burned.
- ▶️ What happened to one on one?
- ▶️ What happened to one on one?
- ▶️ ▶️ I will bring you down!
- Pyrexaec Forge description.
- Pyrexaec Floe description.
- Pyrexaec Flux description.
- Jakiro response: ▶️ These skies belong to dragons, Batrider! Learn to walk!
- Jakiro response: The clouds are no longer your domain, Zeus! You should be more down to earth!
- Jakiro response: ▶️ I'll hold the scepter. No, I will!
- Jakiro response: ▶️ This victory is doubly deserved. But mostly thanks to me.
- Jakiro response: ▶️ And I blame you!
- Jakiro response: ▶️ Crystal Maiden, you're a frozen puddle before us. Oh, good one.
- Jakiro response:▶️ Well done, my nestmate.
- Jakiro response: ▶️ We were quite a pair.
- Jakiro response: ▶️ Cousin, you do us wrong.
- Winter Wyvern response: ▶️ I should have crushed you in the nest.
- Steve Jaros confirms that Winter Wyvern is the mother of Jakiro
- The Disciple's Path response: ▶️ Nothing against you personally, but you're pretty much brimming with magic.
- Wyvernguard Edge description.