|A seemingly ordinary branch, its ironlike qualities are bestowed upon the bearer.|
- The item's attributes grants the following bonuses:
- The Iron Branch is consumed in the process.
- Cannot be placed inside the fountain area (including a small area in front of the ramp), or in 's pit.
- Creates a regular planted tree at the target point. This tree is smaller than the other trees on the map and has a smaller collision size.
- This means it blocks vision and is treated like any other tree by all abilities which interact with trees.
- The particles around the tree are visible to everyone, making it clear that it is a planted tree.
- heals for twice as long when targeting an Iron Branch tree.
- The item is used early game for a cheap boost of attributes and it is then made into a or sold.
- Plant an Iron Branch to create a tree that traps or blocks enemy movement.
- Due to how efficient the Iron Branch is gold-wise, it is a good idea, if you have spare inventory slots, to buy as many as you can. If you cannot micro the effectively, it is a good idea to leave one space for another item that you will get in the future.
- In the original DotA, Iron Branch's full name was Ironwood Branch.
- The happy little trees in the active ability description is a reference to Bob Ross, a popular painter who often used the phrase on his television program, The Joy of Painting.
- The planted tree uses the same model as the trees and is surrounded by the same effects as a tree enchanted with .
- Typing in
GGinto the shop search bar will bring up the Iron Branch, in reference to their fan name of GG Branches due to DotA 1 giving them the description of
Buying one of these will ensure a good game..
Main Article: Iron Branch/Changelogs