|A legendary pike once held as royal sigil of the ancient wyvern riders.|
- The item's attributes grants the following bonuses:
- The attack range bonus works for ranged heroes only.
- Stacks with all other attack range bonuses.
- Affects the cast range of active attack modifiers as well.
- ↓↓ Double-tapping automatically target self.
- If the target is an ally, it pushes both the caster and target at a speed of 1500.
- If the target is an enemy, it pushes both the caster and target at a speed of 2250.
- Pushes the targeted ally based on their facing direction, while pushing the targeted enemiesy based on the caster's facing direction.
- The caster is pushed into the opposite direction, adding a 900 range distance between the caster and targeted enemy.
- The caster is only pushed when the target was an enemy, not an ally.
- Only grants the attack speed bonus and unlimited attack range buff against the targeted enemy. Attacking other units still uses the current attack speed and attack range.
- The bonus attack speed updates upon reaching attack point.
- Gives the caster an attack order on the target if the target is an enemy. This effect works exclusively for ranged heroes.
- Hurricane Thrust does not disable affected units, so they still can cast abilities, attack and turn during the push.
- Does not push units affected by
, , or .
- Cannot push units through or .
- If a pushed unit is affected by , it cannot push the unit further than its maximum break distance.
- If a pushed unit is leashed by , the leash gets instantly broken upon cast.
- However, if a pushed unit gets leashed after cast, it cannot push the unit further than the maximum radius.
- Can move units over impassable terrain.
- Destroys trees within 100 radius the target come in contact with during the push.
- Can be cast on
but without pushing him, since Roshan is immune to forced movement.
- However, the caster still gets pushed and gains the buff.
- Casting on self or allies uses the default Force Staff sound.
- Shares cooldown with
- Does not share cooldown with .
- Attack range bonuses from multiple -based items do not stack.
The item's stat bonuses, increased attack range, and Hurricane Thrust are all useful for many ranged attackers, particularly those lacking an escape ability.
- Make sure to have vision or you will lose sight of your target, rendering the unlimited range useless.
, tower or cliff
- Alternatively, you either need a spell of your own to give you vision over the enemy (such as 's ), or work with an ally to keep vision over him ( 's is the obvious choice, , , , also work, to name a few).
- Hurricane Pike can be used as an escape mechanism by pushing away persistent enemies.
- Enemies can be pushed away in mid-air, like during 's upgraded and units ed by .
- It is possible to propel yourself through 's by using the active on an enemy with your back toward the rim, pushing yourself backwards through the barrier. Be wary, as this can also accidentally save an enemy from your team's Disruptor as well. This cannot be done with the normal self-push and regular , both of which get stopped by the barrier.
- Hurricane Pike's icon shows that it is half , half .
- The name may be from the last volume of Kaze no Stigma where the Hurricane Pike, also known as Kokusen, is a divine artifact that greatly enhances the power of a wind mage.
- Prior to the July 14, 2017 Patch, Hurricane Pike's active ability, Hurricane Thrust, did not have an official name. The name was taken from the Dota 2 Wiki and officially implemented into Dota 2.
Main Article: Hurricane Pike/Changelogs
- Increased attack range bonus from 140 to 150.
- Increased ally cast range from 550 to 650.
- Increased enemy cast range from 400 to 450.
- Increased ally push speed from 1200 to 1500. [ ]
- Reduced cooldown from 23 to 20.
- Increased buff duration from 5 to 6.
- Increased number of attacks from 4 to 5.