Hex (also referred to as Sheep, Voodoo, or Polymorph) is a status effect which turns the affected unit into a harmless critter, disabling many of its fighting capabilities.
All sources of hex have an instant (0 second) cast time and instantly destroy illusions except strong illusions. Hexed heroes are still treated as heroes by abilities.
Hex applies multiple disables on the target – silence, mute and disarm, rendering it unable to attack, cast abilities and use active item abilities. Since it applies a regular silence, abilities toggled On are not toggled Off, and already ongoing abilities are not stopped, except for channeling abilities. It does not dispel any status effect either.
However, it does not apply break (unless stated), thus all its passive abilities still work. It neither affects the target's armor, nor its magic resistance or any other passive effects it currently has.
Though hexes transform the target into critters, this has only a visual aspect. The unit keeps all its properties, including collision size. However, its hit box and selection box changes.
Hex state can be removed by strong dispels.
Set Movement Speed
Besides disabling, hex also directly sets ( ) the target's movement speed to a fixed value for the duration. This means hex does not slow the target. Every percentage based movement speed can increase and reduce the target's movement speed as usual. The same applies to hastes, which still have full effect on hexed units.
- Example 1
has a base movement speed of 290. What is his movement speed if he is affected by 's ?
- 's base movement speed will be set to 100 for the duration.
Sources of Hex
- Duration: 2
Set Move Speed: 100
Affects targets within the cone radius.
- Duration: 2.5/3/3.5/4
Set Move Speed: 120
- Duration: 4
Movement Speed Bonus: 10%
Hexes the user on cast. Grants a movement speed bonus, instead of setting it to a fixed value.
- Duration: 3.5
Set Move Speed: 140
- Duration: 1.25/2/2.75/3.5
Set Move Speed: 100
Modifying Hex Models
- The cosmetic items Fin King's Charm and Fin King's Charm of Eminent Revival changes 's Hex model into a fish.
- The cosmetic items Lamb to the Slaughter and Golden Lamb to the Slaughter change 's Hex model into a sheep.
Fish model, Used by Lion with Fin King's Charm equipped
Greenn fish model, Used by Lion with Fin King's Charm of Eminent Revival equipped
Lamb model, Used by Shadow Shaman with Lamb to the Slaughter equipped
Lamb model, Used by Shadow Shaman with Golden Lamb to the Slaughter equipped
- Fixed generic hex debuff modifiers missing descriptions.
- Improved hexed unit hitboxes.
- Fixed Hex disabling .
- is now uninterrupted by Hex sources.
- Fixed heroes drawing parts of their models in portraits when Hexed.
- Fixed ability interactions between and Hex sources, not changing to the new Hex model.
- Fixed being able to use items while Hexed.