|The powerful headpiece of a dead necromancer.|
- The item's attributes grants the following bonuses:
- With armor to the wielder. , the item grants a total of 10
- Cannot dominate creep-heroes, , , , and .
- Applies a basic dispel on the creep which removes buffs and debuffs.
- Dominating a creep while already having one dominated causes the previous dominated creep to die.
- The number of max allowed units is bound to the player. Buying a new Helm of the Overlord does not allow dominating an additional unit.
- When owning both, and Helm of the Overlord, Helm of the Overlord takes priority, allowing 1 units.
- This also goes for the 's copied Helm of the Overlord.
- When the Dominated creep changes faction (i.e. when affected by or ), it no longer counts towards the max limit.
- When the item gets sold or destroyed, the dominated creep dies.
- The death is not credited to anyone so that no one gets experience from it.
- Sets the creep's movement speed to 400, regardless of its default movement speed.
- Sets the creep's gold bounty to 250 , regardless of its default bounty.
- The creep's default gold bounty is not granted upon killing it, only the set value is. Its experience bounty is unchanged.
- When the creep's maximum health is below the minimum health threshold, its maximum and current health are increased by the difference.
- This current health increase does not count as a heal. The creep has its health set to a value.
- The attack damage bonus is added directly to the creep's base attack damage. It is not added as a raw attack damage bonus.
- Does not restore the creep's mana.
- Does not share cooldowns with .
- Multiple instances of Vladmir's Aura do not stack. This includes the auras of and .
- Stacks additively with other sources of lifesteal.
- Grants flat bonus attack damage based on the affected unit's main attack damage. Does not further increase bonus attack damage.
- Can regenerate up to 120 mana in one minute.
- The aura's buff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- Dominated creeps can be used to remotely stack an ancient camp. Some creeps have abilities that are very useful, such as and .
- You can dominate the carry. for the helpful damage aura and have it follow your
- A dominated creep can be used as a scout that can be placed inside 's pit. Just be sure not to place it too close to Roshan, so he does not attack it.
- Dominate always sets the creep's base movement speed to 400. The only units which have more than 425 movement speed are at level 3 or higher. This means dominating one of them actually reduces their base speed down to 400. Besides these, all other dominatable creeps have lower movement speed than 400.
Main Article: Helm of the Dominator/Changelogs