|Barrages with his cannon and homing missiles.|
|The world's first non-magical flying device took over a decade to create, and less than a few seconds to shoot down. But its pilot was not deterred. Aurel returned to the skies in a newer, better Gyrocopter. One with Flak Cannons, to strafe entire fields of foes. And Homing Missles, to shoot down bogeys no matter how they twist or turn. Somebody infringing on your airspace? Let them have it with a Rocket Barrages. But sometimes, it's easier to just use the big bomb. Aurel Calls Down an air strike, and then delivers the payload himself before soaring away from the rising explosion. If he is able to gather his full strength, he demolishes foes with ease.|
|Roles:||Carry Nuker Disabler|
- Rocket Barrage interrupts Gyrocopter's channeling abilities upon cast.
- Despite the visual effects, the damage is dealt instantly, rather than on each rocket's impact.
- Gyrocopter can act freely during Rocket Barrage.
- Does not fire rockets while Gyrocopter is hidden.
- Deals damage in 0.1-second intervals, resulting in 30 damage instances.
- Can deal a total of 210/360/510/660 ( ) damage (before reductions), assuming all rockets hit.
- When cast, a stationary missile is placed 150 range in front of Gyrocopter, which begins to move 2.5 seconds later.
has an initial speed of 500 and increases by 15 per second, increasing by 1 movement speed every 0.07 seconds.
- The speed acceleration is not capped, and continues to increase until it hits the target or is destroyed.
- If the missile's target dies, it automatically switches to the nearest valid target within 700 range of the previous target.
- The rocket first applies the debuff, then the damage.
- The cross-hair over the target is visible to allies only.
- Although the ability grants no vision or True Sight over the target, the missile follows and hits invisible units.
- If the missile hits its target, its 400 range flying vision stays at the location for 3.5 seconds.
- The missile can be targeted by
, and , pushing the rocket forward or backward.
- The missile cannot impact the target during the Forced Movement, and passes through, reorients, and continues to chase the target.
- The missile is instantly destroyed when affected by .
, the missile starts firing of the current level second after being deployed.
- This Rocket Barrage has a radius of and prioritizes its current target over other units.
- Rocket Barrage notes fully apply. If it is not leveled, the missile will still fire at the target, but deal no damage.
- Although the missile launches the Rocket Barrage, the damage is sourced to the Gyrocopter, not the missile.
- Therefore, the damage is affected by outgoing damage manipulation and spell lifesteal.
- Acquiring Aghanim's Shard immediately updates all currently existing Homing Missiles.
- Flak Cannon interrupts Gyrocopter's channeling abilities upon cast.
- Causes Gyrocopter to perform instant attacks on all nearby enemies whenever he launches an attack projectile.
- The flaks have no count limit. All valid nearby targets get targeted.
- The primary attack target is not affected by Flak Cannon. It is only hit by the primary attack.
- Does not target wards, buildings, invisible units, or units inside the Fog of War. ,
- However, attacking couriers, wards, buildings, or allied units still causes flaks to hit all valid targets within the radius.
- The visual effect above Gyrocopter and the number of attacks left on the buff icon are visible to everyone.
- With instant attacks on the furthest enemy within range of him.
, Gyrocopter performs
- These instant attacks can trigger any attack modifiers and on-hit effects normally, except for Flak Cannon itself. They do not have True Strike, but ignore disarms.
- Does not target wards, Couriers, or attack immune enemies, but does target buildings. Only targets units Gyrocopter has vision over.
- The Side Gunner does not attack when Gyrocopter is hidden or invisible.
- However, the Side Gunner ignores fade times and fade delays of abilities. It only does not attack when fully invisible.
- The Side Gunner is a passive component of Flak Cannon, and requires it to be learned to work.
- The first missile impacts 2 seconds and the second missile impacts 4 seconds after cast.
- Provides 300 radius flying vision at the targeted area for 4 seconds upon cast.
- Can deal a total of 350/525/700 damage (before reductions), assuming both missiles hit.
- The missiles first apply their debuffs, then their damage.
- The big red area indicator is visible to allies only. The sound effects are audible and the missiles visible to everyone.
- With the talent, Call Down additionally gains vector-targeting functionality.
- Causes additional instances of Call Down, ergo additional missiles to be launched after the main instance.
- These instances are launched in intervals, starting seconds after the primary Call Down, taking seconds to launch them all.
- The additional instances are launched along the selected vector, range apart from each other, so that they overlap a bit.
- This results in them covering a total area with a length of and a width of 600.
- Each first missile of the additional instances deals damage, and each second missile deals .
- Each additional instance can deal a total of damage.
- All instances together can deal a total of damage, if all missiles hit.
- Once cast, the additional instances cannot be stopped in any way, not even by Gyrocopter's death.
|+16Damage||20||+30 Movement Speed|
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
Main Article: Gyrocopter/Changelogs
- Rescaled damage from 100/175/250/325 to 90/180/270/360.
- Reduced stun duration from 2.25/2.5/2.75/3 to 1.8/2.2/2.6/3.
- Rescaled cooldown from 24/22/20/18 to 20 on each level.
- Increased mana cost from 50 on each level to 50/60/70/80.
- Increased rocket barrage radius from 700 to 725.
- gives Gyrocopter regen to counter early harassment.
- gives a helpful burst heal to help stay in lane.
- gives cheap early stats, and can be consumed with a tango for extra regen.
- helps with last hits.
- gives a decent agility boost.
- quickly can allow Gyrocopter to get early kills with his Rocket Barrage.
- can save Gyrocopter in a pinch.
- give extra attack damage for Flak Cannon.
- allows Gyrocopter to come online earlier than most carries by adding attributes, movement speed, and attack speed, which aid him and allies in ganks.
- keeps his health up when clearing jungle camps with lifesteal, and increases attack damage and attack speed. He can disassemble it later on to build Satanic and Butterfly.
- greatly improves Gyrocopter's short attack range and offers cost efficient stats.
- provides a good mix of tankiness and chasing ability.
- is usually needed to make full use of Flak Cannon without being interrupted.
- evasion makes Gyrocopter significantly harder to take down, and allows him to go head to head against harder carries. 's
- is the natural supplemental item to make Gyrocopter with multiple damage items able to survive longer in late-game teamfights, while also providing a decent damage boost itself.
- is a natural extension to , giving Gyrocopter more mobility, and it can push the Homing Missile to hit the target faster.
- allows Gyrocopter to continue attacking even when disabled, and gives more attacks which can proc attack modifiers.
- helps Gyrocopter be present at every fight.
- disjointing projectiles. is good for pushing, and
- multiplies well with Flak Cannon, increasing Gyrocopter's damage significantly. It also gives him a chance on inflicting critical hits on his primary target.
- gives Gyrocopter decent attack damage, as well as proccing extra magical damage.
- is the be-all end-all in terms of damage for Gyrocopter. In combination with Flak Cannon it can decimate the entire enemy team within seconds. But it is also a risky purchase and should only be bought when Gyrocopter is sufficiently tanky or as a last resort in dealing with an overwhelming enemy advantage.
- Aurel Vlaicu was a Romanian pioneer of early flight.
- Gyrocopter's response upon meeting ▶️ "Holy shit, it's Viper!" is a reference to a scene of the movie Top Gun.
- Gyrocopter's helmet is similar to Gaetan "The Mole" Moliere's headgear from Atlantis: The Lost Empire.
- Gyrocopter's response upon using homing missile "Fox Two" is a reference to the NATO brevity code for an air-to-air infrared-guided missile launch.
Model and icons before the November 21, 2013 Patch