Guilds can be formed by players to socialize and access additional rewards by earning guild points and shards.
Creation and management
- All players can participate in a guild, but only Dota Plus members can create them.
- The founding player is automatically promoted to Guild Leader, and any invited players start out as Member.
- Guilds must have a unique name, counting guilds that have already been disbanded.
- Guilds have a tag and a profile picture, which are shown in lobbies and scoreboards.
- Guilds can hold up to maximum of 50 players.
- If an invited player is offline, they will receive the invitation the next time they open Dota 2.
- A guild is automatically disbanded when the last player leaves.
- Guilds can earn guild points, which are tallied on a weekly leaderboard in each region. They are earned by:
- Playing matches while in a guild. More points are earned if player is partied with guildmates.
- Completing guild challenges.
- Guild points determine guild rank, which determines a weekly reward of shards and special perks for guild members. Dota Plus members earn double the amount of shards.
- At the end of the week, all existing guild points will decay by a percentage.
|75th Percentile or higher||Platinum|
Temporary rewards can be accessed by guild members depending on the tier of the guild.
- Guild contracts are quests that members can complete to earn guild points and shards.
- All players have one contract per day, Dota Plus members have two.
- Contracts are rated 1-3 stars depending on their difficulty. Higher difficulty contracts give greater rewards.
- Guild system revamped and re-implemented.
- Added support for forming and managing Guilds. Guild Leaders invite, kick, promote, and demote members. Officers can invite members. There's a guild message that can be edited, a logo specified, and a chat channel.
- Added the ability to open a party to a guild, which allows members of a specified guild to freely join the party. Players can browse open guild parties that are available to them.
- Open guild parties can now have a description.